Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Stingray Car Security

Stingray Car Security Gauge holders for ford falcon b series to fg to fgx supplied delivered Australia wide. Triple, double, fpv,single din radio aftermarket radio fascias and ngagauge /turbosmart eboost gauge holders .Message us now!! Website Link

Old 05-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default BFXR8 start button and tripods for finishing touches.

Today we completed a neat install of tripod gauge holders with cobalt meters and FPV push start button. The tripod holder has space for 3 gauges and replaces the factory panel for a better than factory appearance.
The finshed products are proffessionally installed into the vehicles interior and the final results are nothing short of breathtaking.

The start button allows the driver to turn key to on position and press the button to start the vehicle.It adds a factor of prestige to any ford vehicle.

The FPV start button appears to be in short supply at the moment and we are in the process of sourcing other push start buttons.We will post new theads as more comes to light.

Thank you Scott for allowing us to complete your vehicles's installation.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again

Last edited by Stav; 08-04-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
Duke
The Duke

I'm thinking my ute could do with that sort of set up, but way over the top for an xr6 unfortunately... looks great!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
dezzaxr6t
Starter Motor

G'day,
Do u guys still do these FPV start buttons, if so, how much do they cost to install?
regards
Derek
Old 09-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Stav and Stingray still do these installs. Very neat and professional.

Just waiting on putting my new dash in before I do this. (Dash depends on the stroker motor going in so who knows when that will be).

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
XRCUTA
Johny V

can you send me wiring instructions on how to instal the push button start on a ba??
XRCUTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Stav....I'm not after a starter button as I already have one...What I would like though is the ability to start using the conventional method (i.e with my key) should my starter button ever fail. Hear reports about the FPV starter buttons failing without warning and don't wanna be caught in the back of Bourke at midnight unable to start the bastard.

Is that service available mate?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Hey Stav....I'm not after a starter button as I already have one...What I would like though is the ability to start using the conventional method (i.e with my key) should my starter button ever fail. Hear reports about the FPV starter buttons failing without warning and don't wanna be caught in the back of Bourke at midnight unable to start the bastard.

Is that service available mate?
If the button itself fails then yes I can install a hidden bypass switch elsewhere.If it breaks then you can over ride it and drive off. If the relays fail then again I can make a bypass.If the installation isnt up to scratch then I can deinstall and reinstall it properly to increase reliability. If you want I can come onsite and eliminate the potential problems.

Hope this helps
Stav

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again

Last edited by Stav; 01-09-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCUTA
can you send me wiring instructions on how to instal the push button start on a ba??
Sorry I cannot. I got frustrated with the fpv instruction manual and threw them away. I complete the installation by understanding the workings of the product and installing it proffessionally.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
XRCUTA
Johny V

can anyone help me with my puch button starter i purchased one today from ford but it didnt come wit a wiring diagram please help me??
Old 01-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #10
Stav
Smile

Can you please post in the electrical section of the forum .? Thanks

Stav

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Old 01-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #11
XRCUTA
Johny V

you seem like sumone that can help can u??
Old 01-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #12
Stav
Smile

I would like to help you for sure but as mentioned I do not have the particular document you seek.

That is why I am directing you to the particular forum section where you have more chance of getting the wiring diagram information from other members.

If you have no luck there I think it would be wise to contact your ford supplier and ask where are the instructions for their supplied kit.

Kind Regards
Stav

Old 01-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
XRCUTA
Johny V

thanks buddy
Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #14
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Here you go - note this is for an AU, but the principle will be the same for a BA/BF.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...4&postcount=21

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #15
JoshXR

Gday,
dose any one know were i could get the tripod gauges done in melbourne and what sort of $$ ill be looking at
?? want to stick with the cobalt idea as well.
JoshXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
Stav
Smile

Give Jeff at pole position a tingle.He is also a forum sponsor and alround nice guy.
Stav

Old 23-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #17
fordfreak1

firstly stav all ur work looks so neat love it. and was also wondering when installing tripod guage holders etc does any of the dash need to be pulled out/apart etc. sorry if its a dumb question.just never been a fan of some1 riping my dash apart. keep up the great installs.
fordfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #18
Stav
Smile

Fordfreak? Matt? Yes I pull a few panels off as it is neccesary to reach the required wiring

Old 25-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #19
fordfreak1

oh ok cheers for that, and nah im not matt lol
fordfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #20
JC260

Hi Stav, just wonder whats the cost of a tripod gauge install? (i'll provide the guages and tripod)
Also cost for supply and installation of the starter button?

cheers in advance.

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

THE NEW-FAMILY SPEC ZD ESCAPE...
JC260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #21
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC260
Hi Stav, just wonder whats the cost of a tripod gauge install? (i'll provide the guages and tripod)
Also cost for supply and installation of the starter button?

cheers in advance.
Jc I am at traffic lights right now .i will pm you a quote when I get home tonight.Cheers..Stav

Old 15-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #22
JC260

cheers , much appreciated.

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

Old 17-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #23
JC260

Hi stav, I understand you're busy, but any news on that quote?

cheers