Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #421
NormM67

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7181 View Post
The new filter is going well and is definitely more vocal with hard acceleration.
It's been a couple of months Steve, how's the K&N filter going?

I'm running out of mods for my car (had the windows tinted, changed to blue rego plates etc) so I'm thinking about replacing the pod filter next
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #422
shellstar98

so this morning I got the message service engine now neally had a heart attack its only done 1100 k's but its gone now anyone else lz sport focus updated version
shellstar98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #423
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Picked up my 2016 Magnetic Sport Focus 6 manual last Monday.. basically just walked in and bought it.. coming from a V8 falcon tonner and a highly modified 4x4 I am very impressed with this little monster. Im a big guy and have no room issues what so ever.. Ive read a few posts here complaining about the interior.. not sure what these people expect for a car under $30,000 but I love it.
only real let down is the rims.. really a bit boring for a Sport model.. and on dirt roads/driveways the lower profile rubber is purely wa*n*k* factor because its rough as guts unless you are on a smooth road.. something only city folk get the pleasure of daily.But Im sure I will get use to that... Definately would not recommend 18's for anyone other than HWY racers.

SO the usual suspects when it comes to modifications to start..
Darkest Legal Tint
Weathershields
Dashmat
K&N filter

other than that I cant find anything ready to rock n roll in the mod department.
Never thought Id come back to a little car again.. now I cant see myself going back to owning an 8...
so far Im only getting about 9.7/100 but its only got 800km on the clock.

Does anyone else feel like they are labouring the manuals if you change when it suggests you should???

its really hard getting used to being in 6th gear at 70kph
(when I care about consumption)
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-09-2016, 06:56 PM   #424
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G View Post
Does anyone else feel like they are labouring the manuals if you change when it suggests you should???
I think the change up points are programmed a little conservatively. I get the same effect in my Trend auto when changing gears manually in Sport mode. The arrow to change up comes up rather too quickly. It's much more fun to ignore it and let your ears do the talking about when to change up.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #425
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
so far Im only getting about 9.7/100 but its only got 800km on the clock.

By the dash mine is averaging 6.8L/100 and I 'm usually changing on or before the dash suggests.
6th at 60 is a little problematic but at 70 it just purrs along and will still pull alright.
*car is 3 months old now and has just shy of 3000 on the clock.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #426
Gazzzaa

I picked up my new Focus Sport magnetic manual last night and still have under 100kms on the odometer. First impressions are that it’s well built with everything inside and outside neat and tight. The car is quieter than I thought it would be, but the engine note that intrudes is quite rorty and sounds great.

The driving position is very good – with all the adjustment available I have found a position that is very comfortable. The seats are very supportive and under thigh support is good for someone of my height, 175cm. All round vision is good and the instruments are clearly legible. The stop/start feature is good – I thought I might be annoyed but it is very unobtrusive and the car restarts without fuss or bother. The gear lever is quite short and stubby with short travel. This is my first 6 speed manual and the first time in a manual for over 3 years, so it will take some re-acclimatising to work out exactly where the gate ratios are but the box feels tight and direct. One criticism is that the handbrake lever doesn’t fall naturally to hand – it’s about 75mm rearward of where I expected it to be. It looks as if the location has been decided by the aesthetics of the centre console, so it’s something I will get used to in time. The doors close with a reassuring ‘thunk’.

Sync 3 was worth the wait and I do like the layout. I haven’t really explored the boundaries yet but I like what I see. I will have a go at mating Android Auto with it on the weekend and let you all know how it goes. I already love the DAB audio and the sound from 9 speakers is excellent. Back seat accommodation looks to be entirely adequate for the amount of use that I will experience – knee room and head room ok for the average sized person. I’ve heard boot space criticised but it’s where I expected it to be, about half-way between my former Mondeo and Fiesta. I can see how a family holiday for 4 would stretch the friendship but for a couple it fits the bill admirably. I have one of these booked for an 8000+ kilometre jaunt around the US and Canada in 12 months’ time with my wife, so that will be a good test.

Consumption is currently less than 7.0L/100km. I refilled with 91 octane last night and the plan is to alternate between 91 and 98 as my local Costco outlet does not have 95. By the time I refill with 98 next week, I should be more familiar with everything, so it will be interesting to see if the 98 delivers extra grunt, improved consumption or maybe both. I’m guessing that if there is significantly more grunt, then consumption will deteriorate as I take advantage of the excellent chassis. I’m already thinking that at about the 2000 kilometre mark, a bit of fun through the Black Spur just past Healesville could be on the cards, but will have to leave wifey at home.

Last edited by Gazzzaa; 20-09-2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Missed the introduction
Gazzzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #427
NormM67

Quote:

I find myself ignoring the gear shift suggestions when driving mine. Driving in city traffic I find 4th gear would be about as hi as I get unless I'm in a rare 80kmh zone.
If you watch your fuel usage, you'll see some of the gear change suggestions use more fuel. Just drive it the way you're comfortable with.
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #428
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

each day I drive my Magnetic Focus Sport, I like it that little bit more..

so glad I bought this car!!!

2006 BF XL 5.4 3v 220 Barra V8 1 tonne ute. Auto

2003 TJ Wrangler ready to Rock N Roll.. Auto
3 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #429
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

So, my Sport is up to around 13,000kms.

I've had a couple of issue that will be brought up with the dealership. Whether they listen is the other question.

I've had my phone bluetooth drop out three times. I have had to go through the full sync to connect it back up.

The other one is the left front has a slight knock when hitting any bumps. Might have to get them to make sure that the ball joints are fully seated and tight.

There also seems to be a bit of exhaust heat shield rattle on start up or low RPM.

Apart from that, soon I will pass this Focus onto the missus and I'll be jumping into an FGII XR6 turbo ute. The little WQ Fiesta will be on the chopping block. Whether it's a trade in for the ute or sold privately remain to be seen.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #430
Victor1

How many klm per tank are you guys getting.ive done 2500ks and I'm getting just over 600
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #431
WindsorXR

Oh yeah, that's the other thing. My Litres/100km goes a bit weird.
It went right down to 3.1L/100km. Now that is unreal!! haha. I reset it all and now, it has gone there again. Anyone else have this issue?

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 27-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #432
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

I'm getting about 680 to a tank with another 8 to 9 liters still in the tank at refill.
So I think from full to dry I should get mid 750s.

*Manual and all city driving.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #433
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorXR View Post
So, my Sport is up to around 13,000kms.

I've had a couple of issue that will be brought up with the dealership. Whether they listen is the other question.

I've had my phone bluetooth drop out three times. I have had to go through the full sync to connect it back up.

The other one is the left front has a slight knock when hitting any bumps. Might have to get them to make sure that the ball joints are fully seated and tight.

There also seems to be a bit of exhaust heat shield rattle on start up or low RPM.

Apart from that, soon I will pass this Focus onto the missus and I'll be jumping into an FGII XR6 turbo ute. The little WQ Fiesta will be on the chopping block. Whether it's a trade in for the ute or sold privately remain to be seen.
Don't always blame the car it could also be your phone...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #434
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Don't always blame the car it could also be your phone...
The car would usually be the last thing to blame with this issue, but it dropped out the missus iPhone as well.
I have an HTC.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 28-09-2016, 12:43 AM   #435
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Hey all, maybe I'm missing something but I've really taken a shine to the look of the Sport and the LZ in general. Some of you guys really ought to post pics of your new rides! ;)

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #436
Ms_Jam

I now have had the base model LZ manual, the Trend, for almost 9 months.

It still brings a smile to my face.

It represents exceptional value imho.

I find myself in full agreement with the following review (as you will see the reviewer is astute and none the worse for having apparently spent significant time inside a Rugby Union scrum!):

https://youtu.be/L7G3J49H520
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #437
Licky
Starter Motor

Just wondering what people are paying for their LZ Sport?

Looking at getting a LZ manual sport, though the dealer does not want to negotiate much...
Licky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #438
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

I needed a car that weekend so I walked in to the local ford dealer.. test drove a focus loved it.. paid $28,500 and drove home. Didnt really fight too much as I hadnt been there for 4 years since my last purchase and even before I made it known who I was or my intention staff members were greeting me by my first name asking me about my previous purchase.. and a few things discussed 4 years earlier.. you cant put a price on that.

2006 BF XL 5.4 3v 220 Barra V8 1 tonne ute. Auto

2003 TJ Wrangler ready to Rock N Roll.. Auto
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #439
KosCo

Hi all - have just got our new LZ Focus Titanium with the Tech pack. Had it for a couple of days and it seems to be really good.
Ok - 2 questions that some may have an answer for --

Question 1 - as per page 40 of the Owners Manual, the car is supposed to have autolocking of the car doors when the car is traveling. Mine do not seem to be working and have been through the instructions on page 40 to activate this without success Any help here much appreciated.

Question 2 - The sat/nav - when I add a new address to the Favorites, it just adds it to the end of the list. Therefore the Favorites list is not in any sequence beyond the order as they were added. The Sync system in the LW Focus would always arrange the Favorite list in alphabetical sequence and thus helped make it easier to find a particular Favorite. The Sync 3 Favorite system seems to be a step backward with an unsorted list and makes it painful to find a particular favorite. Any comments or solution on this?
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #440
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
Hi all - have just got our new LZ Focus Titanium with the Tech pack. Had it for a couple of days and it seems to be really good.
Ok - 2 questions that some may have an answer for --

Question 1 - as per page 40 of the Owners Manual, the car is supposed to have autolocking of the car doors when the car is traveling. Mine do not seem to be working and have been through the instructions on page 40 to activate this without success Any help here much appreciated.

Question 2 - The sat/nav - when I add a new address to the Favorites, it just adds it to the end of the list. Therefore the Favorites list is not in any sequence beyond the order as they were added. The Sync system in the LW Focus would always arrange the Favorite list in alphabetical sequence and thus helped make it easier to find a particular Favorite. The Sync 3 Favorite system seems to be a step backward with an unsorted list and makes it painful to find a particular favorite. Any comments or solution on this?
The Australian spec LZ Focus does not have drive away locking, but other markets do get it. The owners manual is for all Asia Pacific and there is a disclaimer at the front of the book advising this. Doing the sequence in the book will get you into programming mode, but because there is no autolock function in the vehicle data, you will not be able to program.
Old 29-10-2016, 03:48 PM   #441
CatonaPC©

Quote:
. . . because there is no autolock function in the vehicle data, you will not be able to program.
I don't get it. Why go to all the trouble to leave out the data for such a small market like Australia? I bet NZ get it. Perhaps you can offer a plausible explanation as to why a relatively benign piece of software coding could be left out in our market? Explain also, why the service department at my dealership seemed surprised as to why such a feature was not working and why they are contacting Ford to get an answer as to why it's not working.

No disclaimer at the front of the book is going to make me throw my arms in the air and say "Oh well, we don't have it: bad luck". We're not talking about a gimmick here, we're talking about a genuine safety feature.
Old 29-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #442
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
I don't get it. Why go to all the trouble to leave out the data for such a small market like Australia? I bet NZ get it. Perhaps you can offer a plausible explanation as to why a relatively benign piece of software coding could be left out in our market? Explain also, why the service department at my dealership seemed surprised as to why such a feature was not working and why they are contacting Ford to get an answer as to why it's not working.

No disclaimer at the front of the book is going to make me throw my arms in the air and say "Oh well, we don't have it: bad luck". We're not talking about a gimmick here, we're talking about a genuine safety feature.
Have to agree with this as a safety feature. There have been quite a few recent instances of car-jacking in Australia recently. Think it would be especially helpful for females or particularly with anyone with children or babies in the vehicle.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #443
Victor1

You do have the choice of double unlocking that only opens the drivers door on the first press of unlock and all doors on a further press.
It may not be as good as all doors locking automatically on movement,but it's better than nothing
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #444
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1 View Post
You do have the choice of double unlocking that only opens the drivers door on the first press
Well, that will teach me to not RTFM! Yes, that's better than nothing and I've implemented that, and it works. Still, doesn't make sense why this works and not auto-locking.

Thanks for bringing this feature to our attention.
Old 29-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #445
Joel.
Lost Focus In The Sunset

Really boggles my mind when simple features get left off cars in different regions. Who decided "Oh Australia doesn't need auto-locking, leave it out".
Joel. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2016, 07:46 PM   #446
Licky
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel. View Post
Really boggles my mind when simple features get left off cars in different regions. Who decided "Oh Australia doesn't need auto-locking, leave it out".
My old lw focus had auto locking and so does my PX Ranger.. annoying the lz doesnt so it.
Licky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2016, 08:01 PM   #447
PeCo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Hey all, maybe I'm missing something but I've really taken a shine to the look of the Sport and the LZ in general. Some of you guys really ought to post pics of your new rides! ;)
How about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fantasia Painting(299).jpg (161.1 KB, 59 views)
PeCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2016, 10:09 PM   #448
rustyinsthoz
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1 View Post
You do have the choice of double unlocking that only opens the drivers door on the first press of unlock and all doors on a further press.
It may not be as good as all doors locking automatically on movement,but it's better than nothing
Well, there you go. Have had my car for 5 months and didn't realise you could program the locking to do this.
rustyinsthoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #449
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post

Ford Australia is part of Ford Asia Pacific now not a stand alone as it used to be. Not saying that I agree, but somebody up the chain in AP decided Australia does not get it.

Its not really a safety feature as you are able to manually lock the doors by the button if you see need fit, its just more convenient if the car does it for you.

Not everything in the owners manual is applicable to every vehicle in each market. It is a manual to cover all the vehicles it applies to.

I'm guessing your vehicle was at City Ford???
Old 30-10-2016, 12:19 AM   #450
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Not saying that I agree, but somebody up the chain in AP decided Australia does not get it.
Makes no sense.

Quote:
Its not really a safety feature as you are able to manually lock the doors by the button if you see need fit, its just more convenient if the car does it for you.
I disagree on this point. As someone else pointed out, the rise in carjackings would upgrade such a convenience to a mandatory safety feature.

Quote:
Not everything in the owners manual is applicable to every vehicle in each market. It is a manual to cover all the vehicles it applies to.
I understand this, but it seems strange to have dual unlocking but no autolocking. The former seems a more complex feature to implement.

Quote:
I'm guessing your vehicle was at City Ford???
No.