Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
stig_3754

Default Tyre Choices - LW ST

My rear tyres are due for a change. I'm looking to change only the 2 worn tyres and looking to stick with the Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's currently installed. Only problem is there seems to be a lack of stock for them, both online and through the Tyre shops. I placed an order with Kmart but they're on back order and probably won't be delivered until late January at least. It's getting pretty urgent now as the tread is reaching the markers so not sure if I can wait that long.

I can see online through Tyresales & Tyroola that the Asymmetric 2 is sold out, but there appears to be plenty of stock for Asymmetric. The only possible issue is that the Asymmetric is rated at 95W while the Asymmetric 2 is rated at 95Y. Is there any issue with mixing ratings like this? Anyone fitted Asymmetric to their car?
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #2
CatonaPC©

Default Re: Tyre Choices - LW ST

Thread reaching the markers? That means they're not even quite due for replacement either, so you could hold out to easily to late January.

There is no issue mixing rating as long as the new ones are not a lower rating as the other two good ones. I did this when I changed my Continentals. Same thread design, but a higher speed rating.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #3
Mulga
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There seems to be A2's 95Y available through Tempe Tyres in Sydney....they have two available via e-bay.
Mulga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #4
stig_3754

Cheers for the replies guys. I'm thinking I might just hold out until the stock arrives. I'm trying to being as much a tight *** as I can but at the same time I wanna get them done ASAP as I'm also due for rear brakes.

Never ends!
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #5
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just wanted to resurrect this thread and see what people are using on their ST's. Especially now they have been around for so long.

Currently have Kapsens (yes, i haven't heard of them before either) put on brand new at the dealer i bought it from. They have been pretty good, but i feel there is better out there. They have done 16,000kms which included a track day that was pretty hard on them. Not due for replacement yet but definitely time to research new ones.

Hope to hear some thoughts!

A clean car brings a clean mind
fiestaz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post