Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2019, 07:36 PM   #91
Magee

Default Re: New 40 km speed limit NSW when blue & red lights are flashing on roadside

I hope Victoria follows NSW lead and changes this rule on freeways here to slow down to a safe speed.

I was on the Ring Road this morning and we had the police pulled over with flashing lights, some people slowed to 40 km/h and others did not, which resulted in a nose to tail occurring in the far right lane. Traffic stopped to allow the one damaged car to exit across the lanes to the emergency lane.

Only problem was the far left lane was empty and a van travelling at speed nearly cleaned up the girl in a damaged small hatchback trying to slowly get off the freeway.

Not sure why the cops pulled up the first car, but it is clear this cause one minor accident and nearly a major one.

Last edited by Magee; 18-09-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Grammer
Magee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #92
prydey
Rob

Default Re: New 40 km speed limit NSW when blue & red lights are flashing on roadside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magee View Post
I hope Victoria follows NSW lead and changes this rule on freeways here to slow down to a safe speed.

I was on the Ring Road this morning and we had the police pulled over with flashing lights, some people slowed to 40 km/h and others did not, which resulted in a nose to tail occurring in the far right lane. Traffic stopped to allow the one damaged car to exit across the lanes to the emergency lane.

Only problem was the far left lane was empty and a van travelling at speed nearly cleaned up the girl in a damaged small hatchback trying to slowly get off the freeway.

Not sure why the cops pulled up the first car, but it is clear this cause one minor accident and nearly a major one.
You really think the cop was the cause?
Old 18-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #93
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This makes so much more sense. Glad to see NSW still does a few things right.

Lately I’ve seen a few Highway Patrol cars with someone pulled over on the side of a highway with no red and blue lights flashing.
Two HP cars had the vehicle hazard lights flashing while another one had the orange roof lights flashing. The lights on either side of the electronic message board thing.

HP love road safety so it says a lot if they don’t put their red and blues on.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #94
Magee

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
You really think the cop was the cause?
Not blaming the police they are only doing there job. The issue is rule to go from 100 km/h to 40 Km/m. Some do it progressively, some do it in a panic for fear of a fine and some do not even slow down at all.

When I mentioned the incident to a guy back at work (who I would consider a smart guy) he was not even aware of the flashing red and blue slow to 40 Km/h. This had me wondering how many other people are ignorant of this rule
Magee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #95
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magee View Post
Not blaming the police they are only doing there job. The issue is rule to go from 100 km/h to 40 Km/m. Some do it progressively, some do it in a panic for fear of a fine and some do not even slow down at all.

When I mentioned the incident to a guy back at work (who I would consider a smart guy) he was not even aware of the flashing red and blue slow to 40 Km/h. This had me wondering how many other people are ignorant of this rule
My point is, driving standards are atrocious in this country. Very few people just drive their car and pay attention. Add to that the selfish nature of many and that's why there are accidents. Nothing to do with any rules.

Once upon a time you didn't need a rule to tell someone to slow down and be careful if someone was stuck on the roadside.