Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #31
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

From my browsing of FFOC (now a full member as per my other thread), I found a couple pics of members using DI-NOC on their Focus. Bear in mind this is the black, not the graphite colour I plan to use, this is the result (sorry for the big pics!!):

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #32
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the consistancy in that. Looks better than the silver/grey/black etc.

Slightly off topic, but the "fill in" panel around the stereo to make it fit the rectangular
console hole rather than the elliptical one - where can you get them?

Back on topic. I dont think I would have bothered cutting out the stereo removal slots!

Great look though. Good luck doing it on yours.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #33
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey
I like the consistancy in that. Looks better than the silver/grey/black etc.

Slightly off topic, but the "fill in" panel around the stereo to make it fit the rectangular
console hole rather than the elliptical one - where can you get them?

Back on topic. I dont think I would have bothered cutting out the stereo removal slots!

Great look though. Good luck doing it on yours.
You would be looking for this: www.aerpro.com.au/p.php?pcode=FP9145

Expensive to buy in Oz: http://www.fascias.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=129

Pretty sure you can get them from the UK for less than AU$50 shipped.

Should look ok once done, will just have to take my time like I keep reading.
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 12-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #34
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Russ, check out http://carbonfiberwrap.com.au/. This is a friend of mine and they do that kind of wrapping.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #35
elgreko

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Just recently I've been able to grab some used bits off ebay for the Focus, have had an eye out for these for a while. Bought the below for $25 (AUD), sorry for the poor quality pic.

I've had the intention to paint/apply vinyl/etc to make my centre console look a little different, and thought having a relatively cheap extra set to work on would mean I don't have a hole in the centre console and can put the stock one back in when it comes time to sell.

Would be great to get people's thoughts colours/finishes I should go for. Given I have a Momo carbon fibre-look gear knob + leather boot...pic below, and want to keep with the understated look, please make your suggestions.

Some thoughts so far:
  • Piano Black finish (but shows finger prints/dust, and makes a dark cabin look even darker)
  • Apply carbon fibre-look sheeting (decent stuff, not the stuff you find at Superdodge Auto)
  • Apply brushed alloy-look sheeting (again, decent stuff).
  • Titanium Grey, metallic
  • Gloss grey with coloured flake
  • Pearlescent silver (my preferred choice atm - similar to stock, but with more depth and gloss). The stock silver is very flat and dull.
/thinking caps on

Is the gear stick surround the same auto and manual??
Old 12-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #36
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreko
Is the gear stick surround the same auto and manual??
Relatively similar, manual looks better though: link

Old 13-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #37
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You would be looking for this: www.aerpro.com.au/p.php?pcode=FP9145

Expensive to buy in Oz: http://www.fascias.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=129

Pretty sure you can get them from the UK for less than AU$50 shipped.

Should look ok once done, will just have to take my time like I keep reading.
Close! but no banana.

The thing I am on about is an adaptor that turns the standard rectangular 'hole' version in to an elliptical hole. There was one advertised with a sony stereo on Ebay by a forum member, but I cant find it in my pics.

The one you show is for a non standard double din in to the standard rectangular facia.

As you mention though, it may be cheaper and easier to get the whole thing off Ebay UK.
Old 13-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #38
myxr6
Banned

You could try someplace like this.

http://www.dashboardcentre.com.au/in....php?info_id=2
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #39
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey
Close! but no banana.

The thing I am on about is an adaptor that turns the standard rectangular 'hole' version in to an elliptical hole. There was one advertised with a sony stereo on Ebay by a forum member, but I cant find it in my pics.

The one you show is for a non standard double din in to the standard rectangular facia.

As you mention though, it may be cheaper and easier to get the whole thing off Ebay UK.
Bugger!

What you need SHOULD be here: http://www.nexxia.co.uk/search_resul....y=0&go=submit

Old 16-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #40
elgreko

Default Carbon fibre

Hey guys Just went to Unique Coating systems in tullamarine in melb, got a quote to do all the silver parts on console and dash as in previous threads in carbon fibre $450 thought that was very expensive! but they do a fantastic job! very pro!! Any one got a cheeper idea???
Old 16-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #41
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Hey guys Just went to Unique Coating systems in tullamarine in melb, got a quote to do all the silver parts on console and dash as in previous threads in carbon fibre $450 thought that was very expensive! but they do a fantastic job! very pro!! Any one got a cheeper idea???
Depends if you want to DIY or have it done professionally? Most places I've found and have been linked to on here (thanks myxr6) charge $300+, which is more than I'm prepared to spend.

If you were happy to try it yourself, you can pick up a decent amount of carbon fibre wrap (ie enough to wrap the centre console and some other small interior parts) for around $65 shipped. All you need then is an applicator (a couple $), a heatgun/hairdryer, a few hours and some patience. This would be based on using good quality stuff too, you could go cheaper if you wanted.

Old 27-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #42
elgreko

Default My mods!!

All up with radio removal tools cost me $75!!!!!

Last edited by elgreko; 27-07-2010 at 06:18 PM.
elgreko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #43
casabonka
You can call me Chris

looks great. u should do the vent surrounds too!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #44
elgreko

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
looks great. u should do the vent surrounds too!
Thanks! I would do them if i knew how to get them off!!!!
Old 27-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #45
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Quote:
Thanks! I would do them if i knew how to get them off!!!!
Yup - fair call! Was it Leakey who put up how to remove them? I think I remember seeing it on here!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #46
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

looking good real elgreko.

almost like the zetec/xr, but better! DIY?
Old 28-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #47
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Nicely done

What did you end up using? DI-NOC in black?

Old 28-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #48
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very schmick. Well done on a neat job too.
Old 29-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #49
elgreko

Quote:
Nicely done

What did you end up using? DI-NOC in black?
Yep! easier than i thought!! really want to do the silver parts on the vents but cant work out how to get them off and I dont want to break them! Do u think if I do the silver parts on the steering wheel it will be too much??
Old 13-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #50
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Yep! easier than i thought!! really want to do the silver parts on the vents but cant work out how to get them off and I dont want to break them! Do u think if I do the silver parts on the steering wheel it will be too much??
Sorry, missed your question. Not sure how to get those rings off, haven't had a decent look but as you say, you would need to be pretty careful.

I think leave the silver parts on the steering wheel silver - I saw a pic somewhere of someone wrapping them as well and I didn't like the look. You need some colour on the dash/steering wheel/etc to contrast with the abundance of black/grey. Will see if I can dig up the pic for you.

Old 29-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #51
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Update - I DI-NOC'd the centre console bits the other week and finally got around to taking pics. Since these pics I have started to DI-NOC the air vent rings as well. Unfortunately the light wasn't great so the carbon fibre effect doesn't jump a great deal in the pics - please ignore the designer handbag

Really happy with the results. Still undecided on the Momo decals.

I have more goodies to install in the centre console over the coming months...may or may not include a double DIN facia

Old 31-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #52
HUNTER8

While your getting rid of the internal silver get change the colour of the front grille surround as well.
Looks much better imho.

Last edited by HUNTER8; 24-04-2012 at 12:00 AM.
HUNTER8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #53
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

The DI-NOC looks great and you'll have to post up pics of the air vent surrounds once they're finished.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:50 AM   #54
bseos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER8
While your getting rid of the internal silver get change the colour of the front grille surround as well.
Looks much better imho.
Awesome headlights, which ones are they?
-K&N Pod Filter
-XR5 Rims (Late Model)
bseos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #55
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Some better pics of the DI-NOC, in decent light.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #56
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseos
Awesome headlights, which ones are they?
+ 1

Link?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #57
HUNTER8

Sorry guys can't give you exact details as it's my daughters car and she wouldn't have a clue. They were purchased through CarToys here in Adelaide ( http://www.cartoys.com.au/ ) and she also had a black film put on them.
They look good but night time.......
HUNTER8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #58
bseos

*******Delete*
-K&N Pod Filter
-XR5 Rims (Late Model)
Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #59
bseos

Quote:
+ 1

Link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER8
Sorry guys can't give you exact details as it's my daughters car and she wouldn't have a clue. They were purchased through CarToys here in Adelaide ( http://www.cartoys.com.au/ ) and she also had a black film put on them.
They look good but night time.......
Hmm seems to be this one,
-K&N Pod Filter
-XR5 Rims (Late Model)