Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 
Default Christmas pressie for the Focus

Apart from the usual excessive eating at Christmas, I actually did something quite constructive with the Focus.

Let there be light...(please excuse the grubby seats!)

I purchased the Focus light fitting off Ebay a while ago (around $65 from memory) and finally got the time to install it. It was secondhand from a car wrecker, but you wouldn't know it - you don't want to know the price of a new one from a dealer!!

Nice to finally see the floor in the back now. FYI - I have a Jaycar LED Globe in the front , normal globe in the rear - will be upgrading the rear one soon as well.
Link: LED Festoon Light Globe 12VDC 41mm

If anyone wants any daytime shots to see placement/etc, let me know.

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
Blackfocus
Starter Motor

A day time shot would be great if possible

05 SX GHIA Territory
08 Dual Cab XL Ranger
RIP 08 LT CL Focus
:
Blackfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

oooh i like it!

i absolutely hate the fact that the LS/LT's dont have a light for rear occupants! probably my biggest pet peeve with my car.

how hard is it to actually wire in?

do you have a guide on how to do it? because i am very keen to do it!

anthony
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #4
819_FLY

I would imagine you would wire it straight off the front light so when you switch on the front light the rear one illuminates aswell, or you could wire it up by itself so it operates totally independant.

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Would be easy as pie to wire in. The hardest part would be cutting the correct sized hole for it.
But to wire it in, grab a multimeter, pop the front light out, open a door and check to see which is +ve and which is -ve. Run a wire from each (16 gauge) through the roof lining and poke it out the hole that you have cut, then solder the connections into the new light. Bam, easy done .
Did the same thing for my rear lighting and footwell lighting!

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO89
Would be easy as pie to wire in. The hardest part would be cutting the correct sized hole for it.
But to wire it in, grab a multimeter, pop the front light out, open a door and check to see which is +ve and which is -ve. Run a wire from each (16 gauge) through the roof lining and poke it out the hole that you have cut, then solder the connections into the new light. Bam, easy done .
Did the same thing for my rear lighting and footwell lighting!
Yep, very easy to wire in. Didn’t quite go to the trouble of using a multimeter, but did the same as you mention (minus the footwell lighting). Cutting the hole was ok, just had to make it a nice tight fit. Getting the wire from front to rear was a little more challenging though.

Daytime pics to come in the next few days.
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 07-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
Turbodiesel
Torquer

The rear of the Focus is as dark as a bloody dungeon at night :P

That looks good, I like the LED light in the front as well.
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
The rear of the Focus is as dark as a bloody dungeon at night :P
How do you know how dark a dungeon is?? Actually on second thoughts I don't want to know :P

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "How do you know how dark a dungeon is"??

We'll have to ask the expert..........Zetec.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
How do you know how dark a dungeon is?? Actually on second thoughts I don't want to know :P
Yeah you really don't... hahaha
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Daytime shots as requested:

Old 09-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

yep im definatly going to have to do this mod. how much was the light from ford?

how is the light secured into the roof lining? or is it just sitting there?
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #13
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyTDCi
yep im definatly going to have to do this mod. how much was the light from ford?

how is the light secured into the roof lining? or is it just sitting there?
It was a while ago that I got the quote from a dealer, but pretty sure it was over the $150 mark...

The fitting has little tabs on one side, and a metal spring clip that holds it in place - its going anywhere. The good thing is its still relatively easy to remove the clear lens if you need to change a bulb.

Since buying mine, I have seen upper-spec (UK) model fittings that have reading lights in each side.