Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 07:58 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Australian Protests - George Floyd/BLM movement

Found an interesting clip, probably worth moving our discussions about local protests to a new thread.

I found this clip - its Avi Yemini who is a journalist around Melbourne who attends our protests and tries to interview protesters.

He's released this clip of the protests in Melbourne asking their opinions.

Whats your thoughts?
Old 07-06-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australian Protests - George Floyd/BLM movement

Good on him, not what I was expecting.
Just shows there's a lot of sheep out there that need shearing.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #3
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't agree with everything Avi says, but I love these videos of him at protests asking questions.
Almost everyone he speaks to runs off as soon as he asks a question that requires a little bit of knowledge or thought and cannot be answered by parroting the same old lines they've read online.

Plus it's funny when people call him a Nazi since he's a Jew.

Last edited by Ben73; 07-06-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:11 PM   #4
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"“All love from my end but saying all lives matter is like going to a cancer fundraiser and saying there are other diseases. Yes every life matters and is of equal importance/significance but right now we are highlighting black lives. That’s just my opinion as a black man,” - Nic Naitanui.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:09 PM   #5
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahahaha, *&*&! me!

But at least he didn't get bashed or the town set on fire - there is still hope for them yet.

Ya kids are getting/have been brain washed from the get-go while you're at work paying for all the subscriptions and new devices to keep them in the sheep mode - lets raise the retirement age.

Then you scratch your head.. ''where did I go wrong''
3 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2020, 10:50 PM   #6
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing surprised me about that video.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #7
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Lovely effort by Avi, peeling back a many layers of systemic ignorance.

Best of all these idiots by sheer numbers are in charge of my way of life - Idiocracy is here now.
5 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2020, 03:35 PM   #8
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

People believe what they want to believe. The lefts agenda has always been about identifying someone or some group to hate. Weed out the heretic and set loose the mob. The parallels with religious fanatics has always frightened me. Really the only difference is that most of them abhor organised religion so they can't invoke the authority of god, so they substitute "science". When science doesn't tow the line it becomes "bad science".

But the thing that scares me the most is research that indicates that if you show a fanatic a compelling rational argument that does align with their beliefs it actually INCREASES their resolve!

Am I bad for thinking it wouldn't be so bad is the usual rent a crowd mob got a stack of covids ?
5 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
People believe what they want to believe. The lefts agenda has always been about identifying someone or some group to hate. Weed out the heretic and set loose the mob. The parallels with religious fanatics has always frightened me. Really the only difference is that most of them abhor organised religion so they can't invoke the authority of god, so they substitute "science". When science doesn't tow the line it becomes "bad science".

But the thing that scares me the most is research that indicates that if you show a fanatic a compelling rational argument that does align with their beliefs it actually INCREASES their resolve!

Am I bad for thinking it wouldn't be so bad is the usual rent a crowd mob got a stack of covids ?
The irony over it all is that they shipped in a bunch of Aboriginal elders, if they end up with a COVID outbreak it'll probably be absolutely lethal to their community.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #10
MercuryT
Banned

What really gets me is the image portrayed that Floyd was some top bloke or something?

He was a violent criminal and not a great reflection of dark skinned people whatsoever.

Of course the Police actions were a disgrace, it just grates with me as it's blatantly untrue.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #11
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Che Guevara was a genocidal sociopath, his levels of depravity and inhumanity were too much for even Castro to take.

Hence Castro sent him to South America to carry on with the revolution (anything to get him away from Cuba).

Ignorant idiots worship Che and wear Che t-shirts all the time.

Get ready for the Floyd t-shirts...
Old 08-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #12
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haven't seen any T-shirts yet but I have seen all the murals and it is a good thing those lips weren't drawn by Mark Knight.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2020, 08:48 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
Haven't seen any T-shirts yet but I have seen all the murals and it is a good thing those lips weren't drawn by Mark Knight.
I remember that controversy - that was hilarious

https://twitter.com/damonTheOz/statu...2474942492672?
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #14
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

This the reason why protesters in Australia will not be punished.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #15
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Che Guevara was a genocidal sociopath, his levels of depravity and inhumanity were too much for even Castro to take.

Hence Castro sent him to South America to carry on with the revolution (anything to get him away from Cuba).

Ignorant idiots worship Che and wear Che t-shirts all the time.

Get ready for the Floyd t-shirts...
The american confederacy fought a war to protect slavery that cost hundreds of thousands of lives. Yet there are statues of their generals all over the place and people still wave their flag. What moron would support slave owners today?
Old 09-06-2020, 01:05 PM   #16
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2
The american confederacy fought a war to protect slavery that cost hundreds of thousands of lives. Yet there are statues of their generals all over the place and people still wave their flag. What moron would support slave owners today?
The civil war was never about slavery. That was propaganda and has been perpetuated to justify the north murdering hundreds of thousands of american citizens so they could hold on to the wealth of the south.

Slavery was abolished in the north AFTER the south. Read the source, congressional proceedings leading up to and during the war. It always amuses me that it was the democrats who were pro slavery. Lincoln was a republican.

Don't get your history from the media or the internet. Even a lot of history texts are propaganda organs. Go to the source.

And while you are at it you might like to read about how the only reason the whites overran the indians/native americans was a biological war the spanish accidentally unleashed on them wiping out about 100 million people just before the puritans landed.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #17
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The civil war was never about slavery. That was propaganda and has been perpetuated to justify the north murdering hundreds of thousands of american citizens so they could hold on to the wealth of the south.

Slavery was abolished in the north AFTER the south. Read the source, congressional proceedings leading up to and during the war. It always amuses me that it was the democrats who were pro slavery. Lincoln was a republican.

Don't get your history from the media or the internet. Even a lot of history texts are propaganda organs. Go to the source.

And while you are at it you might like to read about how the only reason the whites overran the indians/native americans was a biological war the spanish accidentally unleashed on them wiping out about 100 million people just before the puritans landed.
Damn, so just about everything I learnt is all wrong then, so many lies out there.
Where do I sign up to become a member of the Flat Earth Society.
5 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #18
superyob
Banned

Guzzis3 is correct jaydee, in that the 'official' historical narratives we are often taught are utter fabrications...
Old 09-06-2020, 03:08 PM   #19
PhilT2

Quote:
The civil war was never about slavery.
Go read Article 4 of the constitution of the confederate states of america.
https://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_csa.asp

Also read the documents where individual southern states set out their reasons for secession.
https://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_texsec.asp

One of their reasons was that the northern states would not return slaves that had escaped to the north.
https://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_geosec.asp

If what you say was true Harriet Tubman and the underground railroad would never have existed.
https://www.biography.com/activist/harriet-tubman

All these documents from the civil war are preserved in museums and can be viewed by those looking for the facts of history.
This user likes this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #20
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

This thread is now CLOSED.

I'm generally happy to allow a reasonable amount of discussion on topics that are of general interest in the community but I'm not providing a platform for either the left or right fringe loonies.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Closed Thread