Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 28-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #31
mickvxbs
bogan

much better option imo
mickvxbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #32
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
what started as a little rust went further
so rather than have a few holes to fix it was easyer and better to remove the old panel n fit a new one ,saved on time as well ,
those panels can be convenient, but from my understanding they can take a long time to get right. they look spot on when sitting on the shelf, but like most rust repair panels, can be a pain in the butt to fit

i do not personally know for sure, but the honeycomb panel area is meant to be a slightly different shape, which may make fitting the honeycomb (if being used) difficult

it will be interesting to know just how easily and well it went together

it should look great with that colour combo. it is good to see someone with the rocks to try something different. not that standard looking coupes are not cute enough, but i certainly like individuality while keeping it along the lines of how ford created it
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #33
Bradxbv8
more cubic inches

Is this one being done down at St Marys also Pat?
Old 29-11-2008, 01:08 AM   #34
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Hope you are fitting either a genuine second hand one or a NOS genuine one as the repo ones are crap. I did mine with a repo one, and it took the beater nearly 2 weeks work to make it resemble the shape it was supposed to be.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 03:52 AM   #35
cob115
COUPE WHORE

thanks for the points gents,il head of this morning to check it out,yes i will be refitting the honey combe,not some thing i gave much thought to ,ie being a little incorect,so thanks for the heads up.no brad not getting ken to dothis one,hes very good but i cant justify spending that type of cash,im useing the same fellow who painted my pine lime xc,iv used a lot of panel beaters over the years n found this old guy to be straight up cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #36
cob115
COUPE WHORE

bit of paint on ,now shes comeing together

going to color the boot spoiler silver,the wheels are goingto be 15x10minilites n 15x8front,they will match a treat,grill n eye brow moulds will be wild plumb,cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 15-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #37
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Pat it is looking great! Love the paint work
Old 15-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #38
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Holy crap, that is going to look so good!! Are you going for a chin spoiler for the front?? That'll finish it off nicely!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #39
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Looks great Pat ...... Pink Goss Special .... almost

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #40
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Fantastic - love the colours.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 06:42 AM   #41
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
Holy crap, that is going to look so good!! Are you going for a chin spoiler for the front?? That'll finish it off nicely!!
thanks guys ,Yes bearman going the chin spoiler,rear side vents ,alumin boot spoiler,cobra bonnet scoop,cheers pat

Old 16-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #42
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
thanks guys ,Yes bearman going the chin spoiler,rear side vents ,alumin boot spoiler,cobra bonnet scoop,cheers pat
All the bling bling
:
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #43
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
All the bling bling
:
oh yeah baby lots of bling bling : : shes got all my good bits iv been stashing away and wont let me have them back : grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 16-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #44
XBCoupeNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Paint job looks excellent - won't stand out much at all LOL

Just going back to the rust repair part. How did you get on with the back panel? Did you use a repro one, and if so, did you have any major issues?
XBCoupeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #45
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

it is going to look great pat - you are creating something different that will look magnificent. congratulations on having the courage and ideas to do it
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #46
Davey Gravy
Regular Kent

Paint job looks sweet Pat......certainly won't miss seeing the car driving around with that colour mate
XW Falcon 6 - 250 2V
Davey Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #47
mickvxbs
bogan

A Goss..ett, nice!
mickvxbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #48
cob115
COUPE WHORE

few pics from yesterday,going silver air nostrils ,silver honey combe ,silver boot spoiler,paint schould be finished buy teusday next week

thanks gents ,xbcoupenz no dramas with repro one ,Cant wait till next teusday ,going to live the dream going to tow the coupe home with my xa walnut glow coupe (has a tow bar) coupe towing a coupe ,talk about jizz in my pants

Old 17-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #49
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

looks a million bucks Pat - she will love it

keep the pics coming
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #50
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Any updates Pat? When you bringing Thelma's car home... (sorry Heather..couldn't resist having another dig at Pat! )

I want to see pics of your coupe towing a coupe.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #51
cob115
COUPE WHORE

gday guys heres n update of my wifes coupe,i got to say it looks tuff asss in real life ,pics dont do it justice ,not long now to my ultimate dream coupe towing a coupe : plenty of pics to come cheers pat

Old 10-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #52
homegrown
hotshot

HI you have a nice selection of coupes. Do you also own a XA coupe? We seen you around gepps cross and my wife seen your coupe (I put her on coupe patrol when we drive around) and now she has seen this project thread and she wants one to herself. I'd love to own a fleet of coupes but just trying to buy another one is going to be hard but she's keen and wants one painted wild plum. Anyway definately keeping an eye on this and can't wait to see it in the flesh.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #53
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking good Pat.
Are you going to paint the grille honeycomb silver as well? I think it would match the bonnet flutes nicely.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #54
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
Looking good Pat.
Are you going to paint the grille honeycomb silver as well? I think it would match the bonnet flutes nicely.
No leaving it black ,todays the big day to tow it ,just for fun im going to tow it with my xa coupe,of to fit the yummy motor ,ohhhh baby coupe towing a coupe grrrrr,
yep homegrown xa walnut glow ,my old mans coupe and tow car of choice : factory tow pack,i wont be breaking speed records but i have to do it ,its gods will he he he

Old 10-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #55
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Hope you get pics of the coupe-tow-coupe in action!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #56
Geez Louise
Awesome

Knowing how this is a dream of Pat's I think you can be assured pics will be taken
Old 11-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #57
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Default sex on 12wheels

,gday guys ,had to post these pics ,i couldnt help my self when i had to move my wifes coupe,i thought wtf lets move a coupe with my xa coupe

the xa done a stirling job towing the coupe,myself n the wife n kids all piled in he with the air con going n no probs

loading up the xa reminded me of what my dad use to do with his xb coupe.back in the 80s dad use to do deliverys in his xb coupe if his trucks wernt avalble ,he some times put 1ton of bags of spuds n onions in the boot n front n rear seats ,i rember the old girl sitting on her bump stops just about,back then not many people were worried about making use of there coupe,the xa wasnt injuried being a tow car in fact i reckon il give it another go :evil3: cheers

Old 11-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #58
Geez Louise
Awesome

Great pics Pat. You got to live your dream : Love the one outside Ford!.. .now if only you can convince Heather to bring it to Echuca... I will be a happy camper

Last edited by Geez Louise; 11-01-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Geez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #59
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks great pat, cant wait to see it in person.
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #60
msgtv8
Priscilla Queen of Coupes

Location: In a house - thank god.... tents let in too much breeze and I would continually fall out a tree,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Great pics Pat. You got to live your dream : Love the one outside Ford!.. .now if only you can convince Heather to bring it to Echuca... I will be a happy camper
Hey Im up for it if the man brings us all.... I'll do anything for a holiday lol....

So do you do any shows etc through the year?

Hugs