Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 19-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #61
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannerman
Hey guys I had my belts done by xb shop and they have turned out fantastic well worth the $$$ to have them redone much better imo than having the after market stuff in there the orange release buttons just dont look right and the buckles dont suit as well. : Just to let you know that xb shop contract the belts out to seatbelt solotions to be rewebed not this was a drama as he did other stuff for me as well and price was the same.

The ford badge I can measure it for you off my coupe we set it out as per the ford manual when we fitted them will have a look in the morning for you if you like
Thanks for the tip on the belts. The measurements for the rear FORD badge would be greatly appreciated!
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #62
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've sent the belts off to Seatbelt Solutions to be rewebbed and rechromed. The buckles were very worn and rusty. I'll post pics when I get them back.

In the meantime, I've had the steering wheel restored. I had the woodgrain finish redone and covered with a coat of clear. My old wheel was so faded I initially didn't even know that it originally had a wood grain finish! The horn rubber and contacts were replaced. The centre pad is still original as it was in excellent condition. I think it looks a million bucks and it feels awesome to touch.

Old 27-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #63
cob115
COUPE WHORE

looks great ,learn some thing new,i was unawere you could get seat belts redone cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #64
LTDHO
The one and only

Hi George
Seems my coupe was originally the colour yours is. Looks awesome.
Wayne

Oh, got any more current pix?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #65
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Hi George
Seems my coupe was originally the colour yours is. Looks awesome.
Wayne

Oh, got any more current pix?
Thanks. I am very pleased I went with the original colour rather than red pepper which was on the cards originally. I'll post some more pics for you soon.
Old 18-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #66
Peter Sellin
Starter Motor

Default Re: gee vee's coupe

Gday mate, I have just received a set of FORD stickers from GT Performance in vic to place on my XB coupe boot. Did you get around to posting the placement measurements please?

This would be really helpful to get it correct.

Cheers
Peter Sellin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post