Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
BlackLS

Default Another Focus buyer!

Hi Guys,

Just ordered my Focus LX hatch manual in Black Sapphire with thanks to RATT.

I mainly wanted it as I wanted something that was pretty stylish, good on petrol, could handle and something that is unique. Preferably a Ford.

I was tossing up between:
mazda 3
LR focus optioned up
n15 pulsar hatch sss with a DET conversion and worked
ba falcon XT
new astra
fiesta
corolla

I didnt really concider the latest corolla, something about the front and its shape I don't like...

Astra - The new Astra I liked, they really look the part. But they are becoming very common on the roads and I want to be different. I have also been told that the Focus has it on top of the Astra performance wise.

N15 Pulsar SSS DET- I have a soft spot for these cars, love the shape of them. I know they are a bit common, but that wouldnt stop me buying one and using the left over money to modd it to the max. Thing is that the SSS is classified by insurance companies as a "sport" car and charge accordingly. Being only 18, this makes it a tad expensive for me. If I did go down the turbo route of the SR20DET by by any chance of getting insurance until I'm at least 21...

BA Falcon XT - Way too common, eats petrol, it has handsome yet boring looks, but great performance.

LR Focus - Wanted something more newer and "fresh". New Focus promises marginally better fuel economy and more power as well.

Fiesta - Girls car...joking :
I was really impressed by this car and suprising roominess and performance. I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a small car.

Mazda 3 - Basically the same as the focus in terms of performance, great looks... I still wanted a Ford tho...

Winner - Focus LS - Fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post