Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-12-2023, 11:30 PM   #1
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default Diesel engine oil

Hi guys, new to the Mondeo forum, new owner.....got a 06/2016 MD Diesel 2.0lt today, it's done 205k ,just getting other members oil brands(I'll give it a full service soon ,replace all fluids & filters) so not looking to start an oil war thread ,just looking to see what everyone uses, so feel free to mention engine oils,coolants ,gearbox oils , brake fluids ect....from my research of the forum so far it seems nothing from the SZ(i also have a tdci 2016 SZ Territory) maybe coolant & brake fluid will be interchangeable between the 2, also if anyone knows the genuine part numbers for all the filters(oil , fuel ,air ,cabin & transmission-sorry i have a preference for factory filters) the other thing from reading so far is(correct me if I'm wrong as I have 0 knowledge of the car)is there is no in tank LP fuel pump? If correct about this what's everyone's experience/process for fuel filter replacement? Anyway sorry for packing so much in 1 thread, but I have been looking but as i say I'm just not sure what relates between models M#/B//C/D,
Any links to anything helpful for the MD Diesel would also be much appreciated.......
Best regards Goz.
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2023, 07:51 AM   #2
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Diesel engine oil

Nylon Dexos 5-30 in the sump
Fuchs in the DSG
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-12-2023, 08:10 AM   #3
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Ford use a lot of castrol world wide,

https://www.castrol.com/en_au/austra...l#tab_5w-30-a5

Penrite:
https://penriteoil.com.au/products/full-synthetic-5w-30

In the end, everyone has their favorite brand.
Also, look into using C2/C3 oils. There are people on this forum that have used eg. Nulon C3 religiously and swear by them.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2023, 07:53 PM   #4
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

From further looking into it I find the Mondeo does have an in tank L.P pump & the fuel filter replacement is simply primed from cycling the ignition......any comments on the pumps reliability?
Old 03-12-2023, 10:29 AM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fuchs C2/C3 engine oil. Nulon is now owned by Fuchs so that would be a lower cost alternative.

Whatever Ford says for the DSG.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2023, 07:48 PM   #6
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goz007 View Post
From further looking into it I find the Mondeo does have an in tank L.P pump & the fuel filter replacement is simply primed from cycling the ignition......any comments on the pumps reliability?
I replace the fuel filter every service, piece of mind.
It takes so getting used to hearing the engine turn over, just to prime the fuel line. I bought a one way squeeze valve https://www.bcf.com.au/p/blueline-uv...mm/115264.html, and prime the fuel lines before starting, just so i don't have to listen to it. Lol

Check out Alan Howat on youtube. He has lots of vids on servicing requirements for Mondeo.
https://www.youtube.com/@alan4x/sear...=fuel%20filter
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2023, 08:24 PM   #7
prydey
Rob

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=5973556

This thread suggests the Ford code is m2c 950a

This equates to 0-30

Most of the main brands (shell, mobil, penrite, castrol etc) have a version that meets the Ford spec.
Old 04-12-2023, 08:32 PM   #8
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Yes I'm also someone who replaced fuel filers & air filters every service (I do with my SZ tdci)....filters are cheap, engines & engine repair is expensive. At this stage I'm leaning towards using Penrite or Valvoline, but i also believe Ford use to use Castrol(not sure they do any more but the era the MD & SZ are from Ford was)....but really just interested to see what other Mondeo owners use,as I have no real world experience with the car or engine. So all suggestions are much welcomed.
Old 04-12-2023, 08:34 PM   #9
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Yes correct prydey that is the spec I'm my owners manual
Old 09-12-2023, 05:38 PM   #10
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

serviced the MD today.....ended up using the 0W30 penrite C2 oil.....car seems happy with it, yes i have the oil leak sitting on the bellhousing & gearbox mount(looks to be coming from the HPFP mount gasket.....is what it is)i'll get to it in good time, biggest fault i noticed is some muppet in the cars service life has broken the release tab on the fuel line from the filter head to the HPFP....looks like there is no repair for this locking mech & its replacment of the fuel line(about$180 from Ford ,but i'll see what i can get one off a wreck for.