Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-06-2016, 11:23 AM   #211
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: AUII Fairlane Sportsman - BIG AL

But, but, but ... Isn't the fake timber a different colour in the LTDs?

It's more brown than orange tan
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #212
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Yeah it's a different colour... which is why I want yours!

I can recall seeing one other... but only one!
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #213
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFalcon View Post
Yeah it's a different colour... which is why I want yours!

I can recall seeing one other... but only one!
Perhaps if you make me an offer for the headlight switch surrounds that I can't refuse, I'll include the rest of the car for free

I've seen this one on Carsales - White AUII Sportsman, V8, less than 100,000kms on the clock.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-4101627/?Cr=1
Old 04-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #214
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Went for leisurely drive to Wagga today (about 100kms)

The roads are a bit hilly at Tumut end and as I drove into the outskirts of Wagga the fuel consumption had dropped to 11l/100kms.

I don't think she will do any better than that.

I filled the car up and I had covered 245 kms for 49 litres which is about 20l/100kms. A lot of that cold running around Chew-mit.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #215
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Oops, I bin neglecting this thread, but I haven't bin neglecting BIG AL.

He is now wearing some decent 18 inch FGIIXR rims.

Here he is just outside a coffee shop somewhere in Wollongong.

Note bent aerial, the rear door is not scratched BTW
4 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2016, 06:50 PM   #216
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

New plugs and leads

New CO2 sensor

Cleaned intake

3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #217
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Still looks like a scratch.........you'd better buff it out before tomorrow
Old 30-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #218
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cav's Fabulous AUII Fairlane Sportsman

Quote:
FAB - U - LOUS!

Pretty arty farty eh?

I am so talented.
thats awesome cav... Im sporting a 75th anniversary in sandstorm now.. they are glorious to drive....
what happened to all your pics.. they dont work..
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #219
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Oops, I bin neglecting this thread, but I haven't bin neglecting BIG AL.

He is now wearing some decent 18 inch FGIIXR rims.

Here he is just outside a coffee shop somewhere in Wollongong.

That makes me laugh. Not in a bad way, but my wifes mk2 fg came from the second hand lot sporting a set of 17 inch elegance rims off that model lane and I replaced them with the same xr6 18s back in March. Brand new (minus the 27kms, not 27 thousand, 27, the floor stock xr6 had when the dealer had the silly idea of mags actually being selling point for the car) $1100 later with new tyres. They look nice on the big unit
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #220
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Cav's Fabulous AUII Fairlane Sportsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8falcons View Post
thats awesome cav... Im sporting a 75th anniversary in sandstorm now.. they are glorious to drive....
what happened to all your pics.. they dont work..
Must be a simply misfire or sumpting
Old 30-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #221
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Big Al in downtown Chew-Mit

3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #222
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Just discovered this in Photoshop Elements

Old 30-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #223
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #224
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Cav you look a little pale .... I think you need some sun.
Just to keep those good looks more than anything
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #225
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Well folks to day is your lucky day.
Yep, I'm doing another of my how todos today.

The last one I did was on how to remove and replace your windscreen wipers. If you haven't read it, don't bother because I am full of ****.

Today I am going to show you how to get rid of CONDENSATION in ya headlights short of using a hammer and chisel.

This is the problem.

See those drop of water? That my friend is condensation. It happens because it rains and you drive in the rain with ya headlights on. When you stop and turn off ya headlights, the air inside the headlights starts to cool down. As it cools it sucks air into the headlight, if ya seals are a little off, it sucks ****ing wet air from the ****ing rain into ya headlight.

Now you might think that leaving ya headlights on when not raining the wet air would leave. Well no ********. As the seals heat up they expend and seal that ****ing condensation in. **** me.

But never fear, I have a plan. You see I am a genius. this was recognised in my early years of schooling where I went straight from kindergarten to first class. Yep, that's right, I skipped transition class that was full of dumb ugly ****s like youse.

So pay attention peasants while I, your FF current genius, tell youse how to fix this problem.

What we are going to do is blow hot air into the headlight from the back where the bulbs are housed. That will get rid of the ****ing condensation, and then when cooled I'll seal it back up again.

For this youse will need a hair dryer. Don't use yours because you might bugger it. Use someone else's.

This is what a hair dryer looks like.

Now you need to shove this into the back of the headlights.

But wait, there's not enough room!

What idiot put the battery right there stopping access to the back of the headlight with a dryer. Don't these ****ing engineers think of problems that plebs like you and me and the problems we have to deal with. ****ing engineers.

Next job therefore is to remove the battery. For this you will need a ****ing spanner and a ****ing socket; and a ****ing forklift to pull it out.

This is what the battery looks like.

I'm so ****ing angry that youse ****s can figure out yaselves how to get the ****ing battery out.

When out put it on the ground and don't drop it on ya toes, twinkle.

Hay, how do ya like my safety shoes?

You can store the stuff holding the battery in place on the mudguard top just near that famous rust busting invention.

Now you can get access to the back of the headlights.

Holy snaffin bat****!

Oh, I did this deliberately to show youse ****s how the battery can degrade the metal if ya don't do maintenance on the car properly.

I'll show youse how to fix this in a follow up 'how to'.

Now we can get to the back of the headlight

See them two round things? They protect the bulbs for high and low beam from dirt and ****ing moisture. I need to remove the bulbs so I can get hot air circulating into the headlights. because I am a genius, I will only remove one headlight bulb where the hot air gosin, and I only need to loosen off the other one where the hot air goesout. Then Bob's ya uncle.

Now shove the borrowed hair dryer up to the opened bulb recess and turn it to ON and HIGH. That condensation days are numbered. The hot air from the borrowed hair dryer is now converting moisture into a gas and that gas is exiting through the other loosened bulb.

How ****ing easy is this!

This is now the finished product after hours of blood sweat and tears.

Just sit back and admire the work you have done and the fact that you really are a genius. And how just a few hours of your time can save some money by not having to get another headlight.

WTF!

Let this be a lesson to youse idiots out there. Now I have done this on purpose just to show youse that this stupid plan doesn't work.

You see the cover on the headlight is separate to each headlight. All the borrowed hair dryer was doing was blowing hot air into the sealed unit for high beam. There was no moisture, now gas, coming out the other bulb.

So today youse have learnt something.

DON'T DO THIS!

One thing you must do when you have completed working on ya car is to do a final test that everything is now working AOK.

Just like this ...

Old 13-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #226
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Just leave a cover off for a week or so on each light. Condensations soon disappears Cav.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #227
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

No mention of how to seal the headlight so the condensation doesn't happen in the first place ?
Old 13-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #228
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD View Post
Just leave a cover off for a week or so on each light. Condensations soon disappears Cav.

Cheers
Stu
What ****ing cover Stu?
Old 13-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #229
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Love it Cav, highly informative how to. We should have a section dedicated to Cav's how tos

I think an engineer would have removed the headlight and done this properly Just sayin'
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #230
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
No mention of how to seal the headlight so the condensation doesn't happen in the first place ?
EZY don't drive at night with the headlights on when it is raining.

See Gaso, I am more than just a pretty face.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #231
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
What ****ing cover Stu?
I think Stu means the cover you remove to change globes.
Old 13-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #232
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
Well folks to day is your lucky day.
Yep, I'm doing another of my how todos today.

The last one I did was on how to remove and replace your windscreen wipers. If you haven't read it, don't bother because I am full of ****.

Today I am going to show you how to get rid of CONDENSATION in ya headlights short of using a hammer and chisel.

This is the problem.

See those drop of water? That my friend is condensation. It happens because it rains and you drive in the rain with ya headlights on. When you stop and turn off ya headlights, the air inside the headlights starts to cool down. As it cools it sucks air into the headlight, if ya seals are a little off, it sucks ****ing wet air from the ****ing rain into ya headlight.

Now you might think that leaving ya headlights on when not raining the wet air would leave. Well no ********. As the seals heat up they expend and seal that ****ing condensation in. **** me.

But never fear, I have a plan. You see I am a genius. this was recognised in my early years of schooling where I went straight from kindergarten to first class. Yep, that's right, I skipped transition class that was full of dumb ugly ****s like youse.

So pay attention peasants while I, your FF current genius, tell youse how to fix this problem.

What we are going to do is blow hot air into the headlight from the back where the bulbs are housed. That will get rid of the ****ing condensation, and then when cooled I'll seal it back up again.

For this youse will need a hair dryer. Don't use yours because you might bugger it. Use someone else's.

This is what a hair dryer looks like.

Now you need to shove this into the back of the headlights.

But wait, there's not enough room!

What idiot put the battery right there stopping access to the back of the headlight with a dryer. Don't these ****ing engineers think of problems that plebs like you and me and the problems we have to deal with. ****ing engineers.

Next job therefore is to remove the battery. For this you will need a ****ing spanner and a ****ing socket; and a ****ing forklift to pull it out.

This is what the battery looks like.

I'm so ****ing angry that youse ****s can figure out yaselves how to get the ****ing battery out.

When out put it on the ground and don't drop it on ya toes, twinkle.

Hay, how do ya like my safety shoes?

You can store the stuff holding the battery in place on the mudguard top just near that famous rust busting invention.

Now you can get access to the back of the headlights.

Holy snaffin bat****!

Oh, I did this deliberately to show youse ****s how the battery can degrade the metal if ya don't do maintenance on the car properly.

I'll show youse how to fix this in a follow up 'how to'.

Now we can get to the back of the headlight

See them two round things? They protect the bulbs for high and low beam from dirt and ****ing moisture. I need to remove the bulbs so I can get hot air circulating into the headlights. because I am a genius, I will only remove one headlight bulb where the hot air gosin, and I only need to loosen off the other one where the hot air goesout. Then Bob's ya uncle.

Now shove the borrowed hair dryer up to the opened bulb recess and turn it to ON and HIGH. That condensation days are numbered. The hot air from the borrowed hair dryer is now converting moisture into a gas and that gas is exiting through the other loosened bulb.

How ****ing easy is this!

This is now the finished product after hours of blood sweat and tears.

Just sit back and admire the work you have done and the fact that you really are a genius. And how just a few hours of your time can save some money by not having to get another headlight.

WTF!

Let this be a lesson to youse idiots out there. Now I have done this on purpose just to show youse that this stupid plan doesn't work.

You see the cover on the headlight is separate to each headlight. All the borrowed hair dryer was doing was blowing hot air into the sealed unit for high beam. There was no moisture, now gas, coming out the other bulb.

So today youse have learnt something.

DON'T DO THIS!

One thing you must do when you have completed working on ya car is to do a final test that everything is now working AOK.

Just like this ...

Lucky you are good looking and retired, so that you have time to come up with another plan...
Old 13-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #233
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Thanks Gas.

Yes those ones Cav.

Please curb the language please - we know what your intent is.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 13-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #234
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thanks Gas.

Yes those ones Cav.

Please curb the language please - we know what your intent is.

Cheers
Stu
Sorry about all the ***** Stu, it was for effect you understand.

Now about those covers. You see the actual headlights are sealed and the moisture is outside those headlights behind the long cover for both headlights.

Maybe if I drill two holes in the seal for the outside glass and try the borrowed hair dryer on that?
Old 13-04-2017, 03:42 PM   #235
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Sorry about all the ***** Stu, it was for effect you understand.

Now about those covers. You see the actual headlights are sealed and the moisture is outside those headlights behind the long cover for both headlights.

Maybe if I drill two holes in the seal for the outside glass and try the borrowed hair dryer on that?
Thanks Cav.

Trust me, leaving one of the rubber caps off will dry it out - I have done this before.

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 13-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #236
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thanks Cav.

Trust me, leaving one of the rubber caps off will dry it out - I have done this before.

Stu
Having met Cav a few times I can safely say that he's one of these people who believe in the motto....

"Why do it the easy way when there's a hard way available"
Old 13-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #237
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thanks Cav.

Stu
Ok I'll givevitva try

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Old 14-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #238
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Stu wuz right
Old 27-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #239
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

4 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #240
.:4:.
Kicking back

Nice rims mate. I have the same on a 2012 fg g6.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post