Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-04-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
01hdd
Starter Motor

Default Bluetooth Issue

Guys I've just bought a 2010 ZETEC and have the Bluetooth connectivity issue however I've upgraded the software as per other forums via the USB input but it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions????

Cheers

Andrew

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
01hdd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Bluetooth Issue

Take it to Ford to update the full module..

Also go to the Ford Australia Website and see if your phone and phone software is compatable to the vehicle. If its not compatable nothing you will do will make it work..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-05-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
01hdd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Take it to Ford to update the full module..

Also go to the Ford Australia Website and see if your phone and phone software is compatable to the vehicle. If its not compatable nothing you will do will make it work..
Thanks mate. Ford can get stuffed. They want $165 just to look at it. It's definitely not the phone, the actual bluetooth on the fiesta keeps turning off and disconnecting when the car is switched on. If the car is off I can use bluetooth perfectly.

Everyone says that the software update will take about 20mins to install. When I run the update it takes about 5mins.

Pretty frustrating.
Old 29-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01hdd View Post
Thanks mate. Ford can get stuffed. They want $165 just to look at it. It's definitely not the phone, the actual bluetooth on the fiesta keeps turning off and disconnecting when the car is switched on. If the car is off I can use bluetooth perfectly.

Everyone says that the software update will take about 20mins to install. When I run the update it takes about 5mins.

Pretty frustrating.
I would try another dealer who is interested in helping you and for a more reasonable price. In this case I beleive it is only a Ford Dealer that will be able to fix your concern. The update anybody can do is different to the one the dealer does. The public site allows you to update the CIP (Consumer Interface Processor) part of the APIM (SYNC Module)not the VIP (Vehicle Interface processor) part of the APIM. The issue I beleive id in the VIP program which only a dealer can update.

What state are you in?
Old 30-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
01hdd
Starter Motor

Quote:
I would try another dealer who is interested in helping you and for a more reasonable price. In this case I beleive it is only a Ford Dealer that will be able to fix your concern. The update anybody can do is different to the one the dealer does. The public site allows you to update the CIP (Consumer Interface Processor) part of the APIM (SYNC Module)not the VIP (Vehicle Interface processor) part of the APIM. The issue I beleive id in the VIP program which only a dealer can update.

What state are you in?
Thanks mate. I'm in Sydney.

Old 30-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #6
Pursya

5 minutes sounds quick.
Where are you getting the update from? Make sure you are getting the full file.
Apart from that, maybe your Bluetooth module has failed. There are threads on here about the module if you search for them.
Alternatively, pull it out yourself, get the relevant part number and eBay will be your friend.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2016, 10:52 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks mate. I'm in Sydney.

I would recommend Peter Warren Smithfield. Give them a buzz and see what they say. Ask for David the Service Advisor, tell him i said to look after you!!
Old 09-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #8
01hdd
Starter Motor

Quote:
I would recommend Peter Warren Smithfield. Give them a buzz and see what they say. Ask for David the Service Advisor, tell him i said to look after you!!
BLUETOOTH UPDATE

I took your advice and booked my Fiesta in to Peter Warren. Apparently I need a new Bluetooth module. Unfortunately for want almost $1000 for it and fitting. STUFF THAT! I will try to update the software again myself. Failing that David did give me a part no. For the new modules so I'll search for a wrecked later model Fiesta and see if I can get a cheaper module.

They were very good guys to deal with though. Shame it's a huge drive from East, haha!

Old 09-12-2016, 08:08 AM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
BLUETOOTH UPDATE

I took your advice and booked my Fiesta in to Peter Warren. Apparently I need a new Bluetooth module. Unfortunately for want almost $1000 for it and fitting. STUFF THAT! I will try to update the software again myself. Failing that David did give me a part no. For the new modules so I'll search for a wrecked later model Fiesta and see if I can get a cheaper module.

They were very good guys to deal with though. Shame it's a huge drive from East, haha!

Just realised you have a Pre-SYNC vehicle that does not have an APIM module, just a Bluetooth Module so my information below does not apply. I had assumed it was the later system.

At least they did try and help...