Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #31
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: a bit stuck on a new car

You said no to the XR6T due to the missus being on her ps yet you're looking at V8s, one being a S/C 5.0 ?
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2016, 07:22 PM   #32
lownloud
Ford Junkie

Hunt around for a low Kms Territory Turbo Ghia and give it a few tweaks. So much sleeper fun to be had!
Old 19-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #33
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsy View Post
hi
i am a bit stuck on what to do with getting a new car, I've had my bf xr8 Ute 6-7 years and been trouble free mostly but thinking of having kids etc and a Ute isn't really the best to haul the minister the dog and kid around in.
so I've basically come down to 3 options all of which id prefer to get a manual
i would also rather not get a gt as id like to be able to drive it around and not have to panic about it being stolen etc
most driving will be highway as i live in the middle of bum **** nowhere with 5 min drives to work

option 1 is a gs 315 sedan - however i took an auto one for a drive and while it goes hard it just did not feel right i do not know if it was cause the leather seats felt more flogged out on it then my old bf but other then the engine it just did not feel special, I am going to take a manual one for a drive hopefully that will be a better experience.
option 2 is a fg xr8 sedan - haven't had a chance to take one for a spin yet so cant really comment on them but my worry here is it wont feel fast enough and with only a slight increase in power over my old xr8 will feel like a let down
option 3 is a bf xr8 sedan - its a known quantity been there done that got the scars etc if i went this way id be getting a stealth supercharger fitted so that way it would have some balls as i find my current xr8 slow

so yeah 3 options all have there good and bad points but just cant make my mind up and just after some oppions
Having a kid might seem like it will be easy, but I'd wait until that's confirmed before doing anything.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #34
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FG XR8 manual with the cloth interior.

I back to back drove a 10,000 K old BFII XR8 auto with leather, a demo FG XR8 auto with leather and a 5,000 old FG XR8 manual with cloth.

Just didn't like the leather in either model, the BFII auto felt lethargic compared to the FG XR8 auto but the stand out was the manual FG XR8, gave you the smile on the dial, ended up buying a new FG manual XR8 with cloth.
I also drove a FG XR6T manual at the time and to be honest, that was the best of the lot but no V8 sound, only thing i'd change on the FG XR8 is the exhaust, not enough V8 sound.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #35
scoupedy

Get the sc v8 as they will hold or go up in value depending on how long you keep it
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post