Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #61
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Clarkson Suspended by BBC

If they sack him I'm turfing my huge TG DVD collection
Show will never be the same if any of them leave. The BBC would be mad to see the end of top gear. With the fan base and money it generates.
You either love or hate jc. I love him and between all 3 they make the show.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #62
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I just read an article that said JC was "intensely relaxed" about the suspension, haha. His contract is up in a month and the other 2 guys contracts were due to be renewed shortly as well. All the other broadcasters are lined up and chomping at the bit to throw money at Clarkson if he walks away from the BBC and it wouldn't be a big leap to see the other 2 go with him and just start up again at another network.

It seems to me that he looks like he's been organizing an exit strategy for a while now after selling his interest in the show to the BBC last year and then getting more and more provocative towards the BBC since then. Maybe this was a planned "fracas" to give him the out by forcing the BBC to dump him so they take the heat for the demise of Top Gear not him. Very shrewd move I'd say if that's what he's done.
He'll get to walk away clean, take the other 2 with him and start again, and be in the prime position of negotiating his own demands to do the show any way he sees fit.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #63
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

one of the hotel staff posted it up on facebook.

basically, the producer in question who was responsible for organising the hotel etc had told the hotel management that no hot meals would be required (in full knowledge that the crew would be arriving late) and so the hotel's kitchen staff all clocked off.

Clarkson and co roll up after a day out filming, to be presented with a platter of cold ham etc and some bread with soup.

he was less than impressed, kicked off from there.

apparently he didn't punch anybody, but a bit of "pushing and shoving" occurred.

In the end a manager of the Hotel cooked the 3 hosts a hot meal, Jeremy apologised for the fracas in the morning, the Hotel officially has said nothing

anyway, we shall see, if the BBC want to commit yet more financial hardship and loss of audience then go for it (Sky are reputedly offering huge money to them).

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #64
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1227260688325

So the hotel kitchen had closed and he blames the producer.
Old 13-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #65
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1227260688325

So the hotel kitchen had closed and he blames the producer.
This is why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
one of the hotel staff posted it up on facebook.

basically, the producer in question who was responsible for organising the hotel etc had told the hotel management that no hot meals would be required (in full knowledge that the crew would be arriving late) and so the hotel's kitchen staff all clocked off.

Clarkson and co roll up after a day out filming, to be presented with a platter of cold ham etc and some bread with soup.

he was less than impressed, kicked off from there.

apparently he didn't punch anybody, but a bit of "pushing and shoving" occurred.

In the end a manager of the Hotel cooked the 3 hosts a hot meal, Jeremy apologised for the fracas in the morning, the Hotel officially has said nothing

anyway, we shall see, if the BBC want to commit yet more financial hardship and loss of audience then go for it (Sky are reputedly offering huge money to them).
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #66
nightojnr
Starter Motor

Wonder what will happen with the top gear festival
nightojnr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #67
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Without Clarkson, it becomes "STRIPPED GEAR"
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #68
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So it's ok to push and shove someone and carry on like a spoilt child if you're a 'celebrity'

I can't believe anyone would consider accepting or defending that sort of behaviour
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #69
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
So it's ok to push and shove someone and carry on like a spoilt child if you're a 'celebrity'

I can't believe anyone would consider accepting or defending that sort of behaviour
And all because they didn't get a hot meal. For goodness sake, at least you got a damn meal, you pretentious.......

I really wonder what the world is coming to some times

It's one of the lessons of life I am trying to teach my 10 year old daughter: be thankful and appreciative for what you do have and not jealous of what you don't.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2015, 04:28 PM   #70
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
And all because they didn't get a hot meal. For goodness sake, at least you got a damn meal, you pretentious.......

I really wonder what the world is coming to some times

It's one of the lessons of life I am trying to teach my 10 year old daughter: be thankful and appreciative for what you do have and not jealous of what you don't.

Craig H
People like to choose who they stick up for. If it had have been someone like Whincup who did it people would be calling for blood.

He did apologise the next day so at least he even knows he was being a douche. So I guess you could see it was more taking out his emotion on someone. I assume after he got his bottle and had a nap he was all better.
Old 13-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #71
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Tool could have ordered takeaway or something easily enough. Just a tool being a tool, plain and simple.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #72
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
People like to choose who they stick up for. If it had have been someone like Whincup who did it people would be calling for blood.

He did apologise the next day so at least he even knows he was being a douche. So I guess you could see it was more taking out his emotion on someone. I assume after he got his bottle and had a nap he was all better.
He overreacted for sure but who knows how long their filming had been for the day and whether they had eaten. I know if I have been working all day and not much rest/food and I get home or go somewhere and have my mind set on a particular meal and don't get it, I do get a bit shirty but not violent.
I can see it from Jeremy's point of view BUT it doesn't justify the physical contact.
Old 13-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #73
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Clarkson Suspended by BBC

Quote:

Agree - but the facts remain - one shouldn't accept or defend that sort of behavior , yet without JC there's no Top Gear. . I feel for the producers - whichever decision they elect to run with , its going to be the wrong one. How wrong ?
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #74
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation..._homepage.html
Criminal Code WA similar in other States (and UK)

So the assailant and the victim keep retaliating until someone is seriously injured or dead? Civilised rational people should be above this.

No the immature hothead who struck the first blow created all that. And they are usually bullies; although the are probably stupid, they are probably not so stupid that they hit people who are bigger, stronger or skilled in a way which means they can defend themselves.

It doesn't have to be like that for someone to be killed or seriously incapacitated.
Boy with them laws, how many people would not be able to even start work in some jobs because it would constitute assault just to get down on your knees to work.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #75
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If we are being honest, if it were any normal person in any normal workplace he'd probably get a boot in the **** out the door regardless of how good they are at what they do. But in this case he probably has all the leverage rightly or wrongly.

I certainly can't imagine a Top Gear without him and somehow I think he would do just as well if not better without BBC than they would do if they canned him.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #76
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the big baby goes, I found his replacement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-pfIqO-JUk
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #77
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Clarkson is a bell end but i agree with others saying there is no show without him..
The other top gear shows are crap,trying to copy idiot poms will get you nowhere,usa topgear is rubbish and from what ive seen aus topgear is no better...
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #78
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:

It has nothing to do with being a celebrity. It used to be acceptable to chastise people for failing to do their jobs.

Maybe if the producer had done his job and arranged for the catering (which IMO doesn't seem unreasonable and seems to be part of his job role) then none of this would have happened.

Instead, we live in a world where incompetent people in all walks of life stuff up basic work instructions, and people walk on egg shells around an issue instead of telling them they screwed up. Good on Clarkson!
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #79
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 

When they film shows (any show).... they wold normally do several "takes" to get it right (if they forget or fumble words etc)... then surely the whole show is double checked again before going to air... so if Clarkson has said something too offensive, why haven't the producers asked for a retake... and/or the censors taken/bleeped it out, before it goes to air !??

Sure... JC should be a bit more mindful of what he says in the first place (not crossing the "line" if you like)... but there are many opportunities to correct these things and several other people involved in the final product before it is sent off and shown around the world... and yet.... nothing happens until after the fact !?? Then... JC cops the full slap !?? (or so we're lead to believe as no-one else is mentioned)

It takes more than one person to make a show like this... and if something "bad" goes to air.... then everyone who decided it was ok should be included... and the BBC itself should share in the blame for allowing it to go out in the first place ! The BBC are happy to take the free publicity on all the other networks when it gets reported.... and reap the rewards from the shows increased exposure... then blame JC for the whole thing ! Sounds like a lot of BS to me !!

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #80
jandj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
It has nothing to do with being a celebrity. It used to be acceptable to chastise people for failing to do their jobs.

Maybe if the producer had done his job and arranged for the catering (which IMO doesn't seem unreasonable and seems to be part of his job role) then none of this would have happened.

Instead, we live in a world where incompetent people in all walks of life stuff up basic work instructions, and people walk on egg shells around an issue instead of telling them they screwed up. Good on Clarkson!
Agree 100% Cheap, if the producer done his job it wouldn't have gone this far. Only thing I condone is JC shouldn't have put is hands on the producer
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #81
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I don't think we know the whole story; some accounts have the producer not requesting the hot food whereas others make no mention of the producer.

What if the producer had been told the kitchen would be closed at that time and so the producer had at least arranged some food? You shouldn't have to walk around on egg shells fearing how some egomaniac is going to react.

No matter how you cut and dice it there's no excuse for Clarkson getting physical.

He's lucky he didn't throw his tantrum at McDonalds here as he may well have been arrested for intimidation.
Old 14-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #82
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

JC's a twat. BBC should ban him. The show will survive without him. BBC should take the git on.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #83
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Tool could have ordered takeaway or something easily enough. Just a tool being a tool, plain and simple.
Takeaway's ??

Have you seen where the Simonstone Hall Hotel is in Yorkshire ?
Old 14-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #84
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

What like him making regular sexist, racist, homophobic statements on air despite knowing he's not supposed to ?

Celebrity status all too often gives people egos that make them feel superior to others and therefore justifies their tantrums to themselves
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #85
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Takeaway's ??

Have you seen where the Simonstone Hall Hotel is in Yorkshire ?
No but I know the UK well enough that you are never far from a curry and chips :-)
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #86
cram_it_frog
wombat

I have worked away from home a few times in my life laying bitumen and hotels will bend over backwards to make sure the crew is well feed and watered it is a nice little earner for any country pub

some one stuffed up you have a crew of people working all day and going to a hotel /motel after work who ever was responsible for organizing that side screwed up not making sure food required is there

now top gear have been around the world staying in all manner of hotel motels so they should have known what to do

we all make a odd mistake now and then but this was a big mistake made by some one

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #87
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Sounds to me like they "went out on the turps" (something else you would think they were past) instead on turning up for dinner on time and cook has to go home at some point. And http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...13-142xuf.html
Quote:
Clarkson's co-stars were said to have looked on in shock as someone tried to calm the star, who eventually got his own way and tucked into a £21.95 ($42) 8oz cut in a private room.
Old 14-03-2015, 02:30 PM   #88
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

And it sound like he isn't popular with other BBC staff http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...13-142xuf.html :
Quote:
One senior executive reportedly said: "Everyone is convinced he will now go. Clarkson is widely despised and there are a lot of people who would be thrilled."
Old 14-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #89
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
If the big baby goes, I found his replacement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-pfIqO-JUk
When he first mentioned the Lola I literally said F@&! me out aloud, that's one hell of a vehicle!

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
blue sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2015, 11:21 PM   #90
bungarra

The producer involved view point
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post