Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2024, 06:51 PM   #2881
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
I happened across this youtube channel. A Canadian couple who repair small engines. Pretty interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIUaZKtTiP0
I've seen their videos popping up on my feed but haven't watched yet, looks like I'll have to.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2024, 11:17 AM   #2882
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Question for those here who maintain ther own gear, do you have any suggestions for larger B/C section riveted pulleys? A customer is after a few and my regular sources are unable to supply a couple of sizes
Old 09-04-2024, 10:46 PM   #2883
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Question for those here who maintain ther own gear, do you have any suggestions for larger B/C section riveted pulleys? A customer is after a few and my regular sources are unable to supply a couple of sizes
What is the issue with the pulleys? I was sick ion buying new pulleys for my JD Ride on mower, so I drilled the rivets out and replaced them with small grade 8 bolts, replacement bearings were $4 from the local bearing shop, and JD was charging $45 for a new pulley each time the bearing needed replacing.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-04-2024, 01:53 PM   #2884
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Done the lawns again over the easter break - hopefully with autumn slowly turning up will decrease the fortnightly cuts.
Sure has been a busy summer the growth has been quicker than I can recall - anyone notice that ?
Grass is slowing down now, I’ve removed about one-third of my typical summer bulk from the front lawn. A relief!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #2885
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Grass is slowing down now, I’ve removed about one-third of my typical summer bulk from the front lawn. A relief!
I'm now in that golden period where the heat has disappeared, which makes it easier to for me to work in. While the grass has slowed, its still growing enough to continue my fortnightly services. And rather than having to plough through tall Kikuyu, I'm now just clipping back the top layer. I even did the majority of my run today using the Mulchmaster, so no bin/clipping's management.

And I say golden period because it's genuinely great to be working outdoors in Autumn, sunny days but not too hot, not too cold. It's also that period before all the leaves start dropping and making some of my jobs a two-step process of leaf removal and grass cutting.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #2886
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m very much loving the milder weather, I’ve been on heart meds this summer which have reduced my heat tolerance to zero. Under normal circumstances I change what I am doing mid 30s, this year low 30s = dead.
I’m having a heart op in a month, need to take 3 weeks off. Looking forward to the holiday

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz