Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-03-2021, 05:42 PM   #31
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: tell us your inflated COVID sale price wins

Boss at work bought a new 200 series VX LC about 12 months ago. The selling dealer contacted him about 5 months ago With an offer to buy it back for $10k more than he paid for it.
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-03-2021, 06:10 PM   #32
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my brother broke even-ish after buying a new 200 in darwin half way into his round aus trip, sold it when he got home after a bit of ARB gear added and pretty much broke even, it was about $83k in darwin for a runout GXL, sold it for almost $90k used.
he liked it for towing but it was like driving a 10 year old truck around town.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2021, 06:49 PM   #33
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been watching the market a while -

- FG1 F6 bottomed out around $20k for the most used / least optioned / high KM examples, cheapest now is $40k. All the examples for sale now aren't really anything special ($25-28k pre covid) - so anything in a desirable colour, with low KM, leather and argents goes pretty quickly at $50k or there abouts.

- FG2 F6 bottomed out around $30k for the most used / least optioned / high KM examples, cheapest now is $56.5k and I think the seller is playing games. Only 2 for sale Aus wide and the second is a manual for $70k. FG2 F6 will rocket if it stays this way, many have started selling quickly at the $55k mark with people not wanting to miss out on what little becomes available. The F6 went out without any fanfare with total FG2 F6 production at 483 units total / 73 manual over 2.5 years.

- Sprint 6 got to mid 40's and now the cheapest is $63k with 11 available Aus wide

- Sprint 8 got to mid 50s and now the cheapest is around $80k with 4 available Aus wide (there was 10 only a few weeks ago)

- GTF gooddddbyeee my chance to own one.

- EF / EL XR bottomed out hard and no one wanted them for years, $2k would easily buy something, and you could get them lower than that if you tried a little harder. $5-6k buys the worst examples now. Seen price is in to the high teens, and some sell (hell I bought a EL XR6 for $12k, got rid of it though)

- EB ED XR as above but prices getting in to mid teens get flamed on FB forums. Try find a Sprint in any condition at the moment though.

- General BA BF Turbo Barra market is at least 25-30% up. The bottom of the market is getting a bit higher in supply, lots of Super Fund cars coming up for sale now at high prices but aren't selling as quick as they used to.

Everyone had the magic 'MARCH 2021' date in mind for the bubble to burst. There may be some action like that in the lower end of the market, but I don't think anyone on JobKeeper is driving around in a FPV or Sprint worth owning.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2021, 06:54 PM   #34
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh yeah, dont forget BF F6 R Spec. Have seen good examples at the $50k mark sell very quickly and a lot of wanted posts.

Just Muscle cars sold a Black BF F6 with 7000KM, manual for $85-90k

They have also bought a red R Spec F6 for around $50k and have listed it on their site without a price tag yet, but my guess is $80k plus!
Old 20-03-2021, 08:50 AM   #35
Terror_Tree
SZ II TS Territory-Black

In July last year my Father-in-Law got himself a brand new poverty Everest RWD for $40,000!

FWD is the Devils work
Terror_Tree is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2021, 04:20 PM   #36
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV414 View Post
Been watching the market a while -

- FG1 F6 bottomed out around $20k for the most used / least optioned / high KM examples, cheapest now is $40k. All the examples for sale now aren't really anything special ($25-28k pre covid) - so anything in a desirable colour, with low KM, leather and argents goes pretty quickly at $50k or there abouts.

- FG2 F6 bottomed out around $30k for the most used / least optioned / high KM examples, cheapest now is $56.5k and I think the seller is playing games. Only 2 for sale Aus wide and the second is a manual for $70k. FG2 F6 will rocket if it stays this way, many have started selling quickly at the $55k mark with people not wanting to miss out on what little becomes available. The F6 went out without any fanfare with total FG2 F6 production at 483 units total / 73 manual over 2.5 years.

- Sprint 6 got to mid 40's and now the cheapest is $63k with 11 available Aus wide

- Sprint 8 got to mid 50s and now the cheapest is around $80k with 4 available Aus wide (there was 10 only a few weeks ago)

- GTF gooddddbyeee my chance to own one.

- EF / EL XR bottomed out hard and no one wanted them for years, $2k would easily buy something, and you could get them lower than that if you tried a little harder. $5-6k buys the worst examples now. Seen price is in to the high teens, and some sell (hell I bought a EL XR6 for $12k, got rid of it though)

- EB ED XR as above but prices getting in to mid teens get flamed on FB forums. Try find a Sprint in any condition at the moment though.

- General BA BF Turbo Barra market is at least 25-30% up. The bottom of the market is getting a bit higher in supply, lots of Super Fund cars coming up for sale now at high prices but aren't selling as quick as they used to.

Everyone had the magic 'MARCH 2021' date in mind for the bubble to burst. There may be some action like that in the lower end of the market, but I don't think anyone on JobKeeper is driving around in a FPV or Sprint worth owning.
Thanks for that report, a really good snap shot of the market.
Old 20-03-2021, 09:58 PM   #37
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Thanks for that report, a really good snap shot of the market.
No worries.

https://www.justmusclecars.com.au/li...-jj013fk5rj77b

R-Spec I mentioned earlier has been listed at $98.9k.
Old 21-03-2021, 01:15 PM   #38
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My daughter and boyfriend flew down from Broome to Perth for a few weeks.
Air fares were pretty high, so decided to buy a bunky and drive back to Broome having a 2 week road trip meeting up with family and friends along the way.
Found a pretty good V6 Camry, with 190 thous on the clock for $1900.
Changed the radiator hoses, drove it up, through a cyclone, never missed a beat.
Sold it in Broome for 3 grand.
Score, and saved on air fares.
4 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2021, 03:58 PM   #39
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Steal....., I mean Dealer offered me 21K for my Car. I'd only paid 20K for it at a dealer 14months ago.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2021, 05:27 PM   #40
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah the BF Typhoon - my choice of Aussie Ford Muscle to collect from the 2000s...
Manager at young one's work had one, high kms admittedly, but it needed a bit of fixing up and he onsold some years ago, 12-15K I think. Shoulda woulda coulda...

R-Specs were always the pinnacle, but to see the list prices, just wow.
Old 23-03-2021, 01:55 AM   #41
JG33

I bought a 2018 Pajero Sport with 9000km on it in Dec 2019 for $37000. Sold it in Feb this year to a dealer for $43000 with 18500km who in turn sold it for $48000.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: