Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default make a friend (where did you meet your partner) just to keep in mind

hi

just to keep in mind where would you find girls without travelling 2 hrs to adelaide to look even friends of friends that like the area youre in and dont want to move.

to make it easier to have people over which will increase chance is there something you can put on a powered site or free camp sites or overnight stay spots that is as easy to setup and as comfortable as a van and doesnt have all that extra packing and setting up that a tent or tent type camper does that will give you as long as you need to buy or build your van.

the ef as most of you know by now wasnt upto travelling to murray bridge to your cousins and get to know their friends and get the idea how to talk to people without doing the major repairs it needed.

yous recon thats one reason why many other people change cars that are daily driven when they become a hassle even though it costs more to do so than to keep fixing your old one even replacing the engine and transmission or more like is it that its best to not have to buy something in a hurry and make wrong decision
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2018, 05:51 PM   #2
zabatron

Default Re: make a friend (where did you meet your partner) just to keep in mind

It's 2018....internet dating sites have been around for quite a while now and are dirt cheap to use...you don't need to travel long distances anymore to meet girls...or you could just order a mail order bride...if you get one fromThailand just make sure you get a real girl and not on of those lady boys.As for your clapped out EF Falcon,just sell it and buy a newer ,more reliable car...don't keep wasting money on a car that is worth less than the repairs.Good luck.
zabatron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: make a friend (where did you meet your partner) just to keep in mind

the ef is gone now parted it out and going to get a ed to do up for a weekend show car and the ba will be the main daily driver,

would overnight stay free camp be ok to use generators on hot days to run ac in van and when those sites say vehicles must be fully self sufficient what does that exactly mean

to make it easier to have people over which will increase chance is there something you can put on a powered site or free camp sites or overnight stay spots that is as easy to setup and as comfortable as a van and doesnt have all that extra packing and setting up that a tent or tent type camper does that will give you as long as you need to buy or build your van.
Old 17-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #4
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Did you ever think of buying a cheap live aboard boat, would solve all your problems in one go, until it come time to antifoul it of course, then you'll see who your friends really are.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #5
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by car10002 View Post
hi

just to keep in mind where would you find girls without travelling 2 hrs...
wasnt upto travelling to murray bridge to your cousins

nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yous recon that not being able to travel is one reason why many other people change cars that are daily driven when they become a hassle even though it costs more to do so than to keep fixing your old one even replacing the engine and transmission when you divide the cost by 12

or more likely is it that its best to not have to buy something in a hurry and make wrong decision or that there are so many loan deals these days.

what other reasons from others why they change cars when they become a hassle and not put up with it till the engine gives up
Old 18-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #7
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There’s several questions in your post, and I suspect you lead a pretty sheltered life

So I’ll try to answer them respectfully and as easily as possible

Yes most people replace their daily cars when they become unreliable

I really don’t get the caravan, powered site thing, but don’t know your living situation so don’t know how they tie together, but if home isn’t conducive to having people over, there’s nothing wrong with a bbq with a few friends in a park

The best way to meet new people I’ve found is putting myself out there, be it through clubs, volunteering or education, the reason I have found these ways work for me is because you get to know the people more so than wondering in to a bar and buying a beer on your own.

How did I meet my partner, I did a tafe course and was put with this crazy bitch for a group assignment, and I married her

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #8
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
How did I meet my partner, I did a tafe course and was put with this crazy bitch for a group assignment, and I married her
That was how i met my psycho ex wife too.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Met my Ex at someone else's wedding, alas 22 years later she changed sides and now bats for the other team (the 'someone else' isn't married to the same guy either).

Met my current missus on RSVP, you can make the search criteria as broad, or narrow, as you like.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate if it makes you feel better, I have worked my **** off and finally have my own place for a year now and I am still nowhere.

Best of luck to you bud, just be yourself.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #11
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tinder, download the app for your phone it is free and you can probably find a lady in your area so not much travel.

Plenty of fish, oasis, RSVP I think they are the ones you can meet people on.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #12
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
That was how i met my psycho ex wife too.
I’m still very much in love with my crazy bitch

That’s one of her endearing features

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #13
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
Tinder, download the app for your phone it is free and you can probably find a lady in your area so not much travel.

Plenty of fish, oasis, RSVP I think they are the ones you can meet people on.
Is there still going out ways of doing it like you did in 80s & 90s.

With the overnight rv sites can you have generator going if you need to run the ac or to charge batteries on cloudy day or other high powered devices.

Where the signs say vehicle must be fully self contained what exactly does that mean, does it just mean toilet and sink waste can’t be drained on ground and has to go in a grey water tank
Old 26-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #14
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Is there still going out ways of doing it like you did in 80s & 90s.

With the overnight rv sites can you have generator going if you need to run the ac or to charge batteries on cloudy day or other high powered devices.

does it just mean toilet and sink waste can’t be drained on ground and has to go in a grey water tank
I remember the drive ins was the place to meet gals back in the 80s.

No generators in National Parks, roadside rest areas or caravan park sites. Free camping away from the road maybe ok if no one else is around.

Self containment means just that.

Old 26-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #15
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I remember the drive ins was the place to meet gals back in the 80s.

No generators in National Parks, roadside rest areas or caravan park sites. Free camping away from the road maybe ok if no one else is around.

Self containment means just that.
So if you want to use the aircon in hot weather how do you do it as you’d need a pretty big battery bank

What do people do in vans with ac if they need to use it on battery’s, what battery’s and inverter would they need to be able to run possibly for a few days without charge

Also is there ways to meet now like in 80s/90s where you went out
Old 26-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #16
roKWiz
Cabover nut

RVer's if they need AC power for AirCond they use a genset somewhere away from others or go to a CPark and plug in.
It ain't to done thing to camp by others with your genset running for hours, one reason they are being banned in camping area's.
RV ac units are huge power consumers so your going to need a big battery bank and (usually) sinewave inverter to run it.
Viesa truck evaporative cooler http://www.viesa.ca/ are one way of doing some free camping cooling but even then the bank needs recharging to power it. Day
Certainly not the solution but would help cool (a bit) or try one of those portable EC advertised on TV a the moment. 12V fans ???

Old 26-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #17
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If you're up for some no strings attached fun, Uncle Franco can take you places - no caravan required just a few hundred bucks
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #18
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
If you're up for some no strings attached fun, Uncle Franco can take you places - no caravan required just a few hundred bucks
Yeah its not uncommon. But in our gender equal society whats not to say a lady takes you home? Worst case you sleep in the car after because you either got no where or cant be bothered driving home. $300 on drinks or $300 on services is sort of the same isnt it?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #19
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you got someone in family that always takes over with tvs could you find someone in family that needs something done or will you just have to start saving up to fix your own stuff
Old 27-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #20
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi

If you got someone in family that always takes over with tvs could you find someone in family that needs something done or will you just have to start saving up to fix your own stuff
Old 27-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #21
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you got someone in family that always takes over with tvs could you find someone in family that needs something done or will you just have to start saving up to fix your own stuff[/QUOTE]

Old 28-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #22
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
[/QUOTE]

could you just put your hand up to fix someones antenna in family and hope it happens soon or might you just be better to save up and buy the gear to fix your own and hope things get better even though its still ok at moment
Old 28-11-2018, 01:47 AM   #23
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Have you got transvestites in the family that you’re planning to fix you up or am I confused?

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2018, 06:35 AM   #24
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can I ask one small favour?
Next thread you start could you please make the title short and to the point?
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #25
hayseed

Quote:
Hi

Just out of curiosity;

How Old are You..???

What Nationality is Your family....???

Are you Fair Dinkum..???
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #26
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Can I ask one small favour?
Next thread you start could you please make the title short and to the point?
Yes, another forum suggested writing this title.

Is there other ways to find friends close to your age in a small town one reason is so you got a small group to have some functions with that you get to choose what you want to put out.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #27
marty351
Shenanigans..............

....?

Last edited by marty351; 31-12-2018 at 07:46 PM.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #28
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

from all the looking up that been doing of why people dont put up with their car and wait till the engine blew up like they probably did 20-30 years ago and just change the cars when they start needing one thing after another while the one they have is still worth something even though it always costs more to update,

have worked out that its either hassle factor or people need any money they can to go towards the next car or people take up 4wding or camping or buy a van go through other changes and need a different vehicle.

would all that be about right
Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #29
Trendseeker

Yeah, that’s a good summary.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:22 AM   #30
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi again everyone

time will come where you may have to buy a block to store and worn on things but wondered if theres anything that can be done that will give you atleast 5 years hopefully longer to work things out.

dont want to pay as much as a loan in storage fees as you may as well have a loan and pay for something you own.

parents have bought a old van to tear down and rebuild and you just want it and the biggest thing is somewhere to leave it and work on it, so thats reason for wondering if theres any storage thats not going to cost as much as a loan that might give you 5 more years to work things out.

all you know is that your turn will come oneday and your just patiently waiting for it to come.

dont want to pay too much as again youd be better off with a loan and pay for something you actually own.

what would be the cheapest storage that you can also work on things that you dont wonder if youll have to relocate the stuff or have to get rid of them.

would a hyundai santa fe have been ok to tow a van or large trailer upto 2t while the ef needed work, now got a ba and just need the towing accs and parted the ef out and are using the parts for the ed when it happens