Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #151
rprodrive
Starter Motor

Default Re: Mitsubishi 380 - Opinions on reliability, economy etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
The paint problem on yours, rpprodrive: I'd suggest it's had bad chemicals used to wash it or it's been through the laserwash a few times throughout its life. Mine's a 2005 model and the paint is excellent, but I do look after it.
you could be right - but the flaking is only on that plastic bootlid spoiler and I have seen a few other 380GTs and VRXs with same thing. It is not a big deal - I could probably get that spoiler re-painted for $100.
rprodrive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #152
AU Mont
Banned

yep, the paint on top of my lip spoiler is gone......... the only area on the car that has paint fade
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #153
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh yeah, I forgot those lip spoilers were plastic. My bad.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #154
zilo
BANNED

Looks like it's 5 star now...was only 4 when new....LOL

http://m.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/2006/Mitsubishi/380
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #155
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg View Post
Looks like it's 5 star now...was only 4 when new....LOL

http://m.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/2006/Mitsubishi/380
The 5 star rating refers to the "Used car safety report"

Quote:
UCSR are reported annually by the Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC). Ratings are estimated from data on real crashes reported to police in Australia and New Zealand and provide a very high level of confidence. The UCSR report classifies cars according to where their rating lies in relation to a best performance benchmark. The Driver Protection rating measures the relative safety of cars in preventing serious injury to their own drivers in crashes.
That is a quote from the link you posted.

4 stars refers to the ANCAP, or Australasian New Car Assessment Program rating. The two are completely different.

Still, great result for the Aussie made 380.
Old 28-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #156
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85 View Post
The 5 star rating refers to the "Used car safety report"

4 stars refers to the ANCAP, or Australasian New Car Assessment Program rating. The two are completely different.

Still, great result for the Aussie made 380.

Yeah I knew all that lol...just thought it unusual for a car to be getting older and having it's ratings "upped" though.
Old 28-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #157
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They're completely different tests, based on different criteria. Sometimes cars will get a good ANCAP score just because they have a seat belt warning lamp. The fact the 380 didn't have ESC at the time of release was the main reason it didn't receive 5 star ANCAP, but in the real world the structural integrity of the shell and chassis is world class, hence the excellent 5 star rating on the used car report.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #158
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85 View Post
They're completely different tests, based on different criteria. Sometimes cars will get a good ANCAP score just because they have a seat belt warning lamp. The fact the 380 didn't have ESC at the time of release was the main reason it didn't receive 5 star ANCAP, but in the real world the structural integrity of the shell and chassis is world class, hence the excellent 5 star rating on the used car report.
Comparing apples with apples 2007 VZ commodore and BA Falcon UCSR rating still the same as original ANCAP rating (4 star).