Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #31
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 
Default Re: How to stop squeaky brakes?

<------------------ Idiot.

Double post.
Read about it all at Cabloid, the web site that has stories and photos about my life driving a taxi at night.
www.cabloid.com.au
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #32
gorep
Starter Motor

I fitted Bendix 4WD pads with 'Stealth Technology' all round on my Territory. These were good for a while (6 months or so) but then started squeaking like buggery. Tried the red CRC stuff but did not work at all. Put it on back of pads, calipers, on the pad retaining clips, anywhere there was metal to metal contact. All it was good for was showing red brake pads through the mags!

What finally fixed it was Bendix Ceramic High Performance Synthetic Lubricant like in the previous post. Pulled pads off and removed all the red rubbery crap from previous fix and cleaned all parts with generic spray can of brake cleaner. Then coated all metal to metal contact points with the lubricant - back of pads, calipers, slide pins, piston, pad retaining clips etc. Absolutely quiet now. This stuff is not cheap ($35 for 255g tube from Repco) but it's worth every cent! Wish I had used this when I first put the pads on.
gorep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2021, 03:16 PM   #33
mark1868
Starter Motor

Ive got knew pads on them all...still the the front and rear right squeak...but i did run up a gutter on the right side...i put heat grease on the brakes...only stopped for a week...driving me fecking nuts
mark1868 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2021, 03:26 PM   #34
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

All brakes make a noise; it's just usually at a frequency that the human ear can't hear (think about it; what would you expect placing any friction material against fast spinning steel disk) and eroding it away. That said, the ability to hear the brakes is usually caused by the pads vibrating (although brake pad dust and rough disk can also be contributors). There are various fixes see my post at https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...=brakes+squeak etc