Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #1
Blackknight11

Post Fuel gauge not working

A few weeks ago I thought something was going on with the fuel gauge, so this is how it started.just came back from a long trip, only had 50kms left in tank, but the gauge was telling me that it was three quarters full. Filled the tank with diesel, full 75lts,range 780kms, it was reducing as I was driving as normal , but I didn't have the trip meter on, when it got to 610km range the needle fell from three quarters to nearly empty, after each start it was 60km,20km, 10km when it got to 5km fuel system warning ⚠ flash on, I knew that the tank wasn't empty, but just to safe and a hassle I filled it up again, only took approx 35lts, now the gauge is on empty and I have zero range, but it still starts and goes. I had an electric wire burn out on the blower fan, under the dash. Last week, but not sure if it got anything to do with this problem. I welcome your comments, and any recommendations expect for a Ford dealership for repairs as this will be ching ching $$.
Blackknight11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
lincolnland

Default Re: Fuel gauge not working

Disconnect the battery overnight. Let it reset. Replace sender in tank.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
lincolnland is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2021, 05:22 PM   #3
Blackknight11

Ok thanks I will try disconnecting the battery and let you know what happens.
Old 14-04-2021, 09:03 PM   #4
Blackknight11

As I have close to about 500kms in the tank it will be a week or so before I can think about the sender. Cheers
Old 15-04-2021, 11:13 AM   #5
Blackknight11

Unhappy Re: Fuel gauge not working

Well I disconnected the battery last night.reconnected it the next morning,gauge only moved up a friction, 90kms range.
Old 17-04-2021, 09:38 PM   #6
xrplease

My FG had a bent fuel sender. After running out of fuel a few times thinking each time it still had fuel according to the gauge I replaced the sender.
xrplease is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: