Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2022, 12:47 PM   #18781
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 17th 2022.

33,633 new cases for Australia and 15 deaths so the CMR is 0.125%.

NZ recorded 5,985 cases and 11 deaths for a CMR of 0.067%.

The UK didn’t report yesterday for a CMR of 0.788%.

12,890 new cases in the USA yesterday and 80 deaths sees CMR at 1.234%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
None

No countries ...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 18-04-2022, 01:11 PM   #18782
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 11,166 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9545 from 0.9314 and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 7,918 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9686 (from 0.9623) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line is still above the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 19-04-2022, 10:55 AM   #18783
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 10,845 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9637 from 0.9545 and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 8,976 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9961 (from 0.9686) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line is still above the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 19-04-2022, 12:17 PM   #18784
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 18th 2022.

34,270 new cases for Australia and 10 deaths so the CMR is 0.125%.

NZ recorded 6,282 cases and 10 deaths for a CMR of 0.068%.

The UK didn’t report yesterday for a CMR of 0.788%.

27,050 new cases in the USA yesterday and 191 deaths sees CMR at 1.233%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 505M;
Oceania passes 10,000 deaths;

Taiwan (1,480) ...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 20-04-2022, 12:51 PM   #18785
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 19th 2022.

39,091 new cases for Australia and 17 deaths so the CMR is 0.125%.

NZ recorded 8,306 cases and 11 deaths for a CMR of 0.068%.

The UK reported 116,306 cases and 482 deaths over Easter for a CMR of 0.786%.

46,667 new cases in the USA yesterday and 188 deaths sees CMR at 1.233%.

Other notable points:
The 7-day average for global cases has dropped below the 1M mark (731.997k);
Europe passes 187M cases;
Asia passes 146M cases;
Turkey passes 15M cases;

Taiwan (1,727) ...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Mexico drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 20-04-2022 at 01:12 PM.
Old 20-04-2022, 12:58 PM   #18786
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 15,414 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0814 from 0.9637 and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 15,414 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.688 (from 0.9961) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

As it was the end of our week yesterday, here are the weekly case numbers with NSW having 54,578 more cases then Victoria last week while Victoria recorded 9,027 less cases than the previous week; NSW recorded 34,208 less, Queensland 11,478 less and WA 150 more. The week totalled 304,266 cases or 17.6% less than last week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2022, 04:00 PM   #18787
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 15,414 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0814 from 0.9637 and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 15,414 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.688 (from 0.9961) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

As it was the end of our week yesterday, here are the weekly case numbers with NSW having 54,578 more cases then Victoria last week while Victoria recorded 9,027 less cases than the previous week; NSW recorded 34,208 less, Queensland 11,478 less and WA 150 more. The week totalled 304,266 cases or 17.6% less than last week.

Hi Russell,

Once again appreciating your daily efforts here.

You have both Vic and NSW recording identical numbers today - maybe a copy/paste mixup?
Old 20-04-2022, 04:15 PM   #18788
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Hi Russell,

Once again appreciating your daily efforts here.

You have both Vic and NSW recording identical numbers today - maybe a copy/paste mixup?
Yep. 10,628 for Vic which I'll fix tomorrow.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 20-04-2022, 04:58 PM   #18789
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Close contact isolation and mask rules to change in Vic from this Friday. Its probably time to do it, but it'll be interesting to see what psychological approach the public will take, given that close contacts no longer have to isolate.

Work is already thinking about maintaining isolation rules for a while longer, as we have some critical processing to perform over the next couple of months, that cannot fail. If close contacts come into the office and infect core operations, it would have a severe impact. Not sure if they can legally enforce isolation rules though?

The new rule requires close contacts to wear masks in public, but lots of people are still voluntarily wearing masks. Will masked up individuals get treated like leppers? Curious to see what the reaction would be if someone walked into a meeting room with a mask on after Friday.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 20-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #18790
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Don't see any issue someone opting to wear a mask in the office, meeting room or anywhere anymore.
Used to it nowadays, heck I used to wonder why travelling Asia so much over the years they wear em even once arrived back here, their choice who cares nowadays.........

I think both States are doing the same I saw earlier this morn.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2022, 06:54 PM   #18791
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Our Governments seem to have not learned much in terms of disease preparedness, after all this. I was told by my pharmacist today that nationwide, vaccines for Japanese Encephalitis are out of stock, no reliable timeframe for replenishment. This illness has the potential to make a good number of people quite sick, it seems to be spreading, and not much is happening to practically combat it.

I really did hope that basic levels of readiness might have been tweaked with knowledge gained, and am starting to wonder if they’ll have enough flu shots.
Old 20-04-2022, 07:01 PM   #18792
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm guessing ACT will follow with same changes.

As for masks, I don't bother wearing at all any more. I've been back in the office first day I could with a couple of positive people for long periods and not caught it.

A lot of people complaining about being forced to come back to the office because of the risk like they are all going to die That's despite them clearly stating if you have certain circumstances you can still WFH full time.

To be fair I don't see why those who want to WFH full time still can't do so but at the same time if they are still going out and about everywhere else they really shouldn't complain about having to go to the office a couple of days.
Old 20-04-2022, 09:05 PM   #18793
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I'm guessing ACT will follow with same changes.

As for masks, I don't bother wearing at all any more. I've been back in the office first day I could with a couple of positive people for long periods and not caught it.

A lot of people complaining about being forced to come back to the office because of the risk like they are all going to die That's despite them clearly stating if you have certain circumstances you can still WFH full time.

To be fair I don't see why those who want to WFH full time still can't do so but at the same time if they are still going out and about everywhere else they really shouldn't complain about having to go to the office a couple of days.

Getting hassled from agents re jobs, almost of all of them emphasise the flexibility to work from home. Its a bit of a deal maker for certain industries now. Many are offering the "hybrid" model. By hybrid I take it they mean you can come and go as you please, might be 10 - 2 one day, 9 to 5 the next, or not at all. Fully flexible. Sounds good to me.

I left work at 5:30pm a couple of tuesdays ago, took me 1hr and 10min to get home. I left at 3pm the week after, took me 35 minutes. This week I said I didn't feel like going in.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 20-04-2022, 10:52 PM   #18794
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Getting hassled from agents re jobs, almost of all of them emphasise the flexibility to work from home. Its a bit of a deal maker for certain industries now. Many are offering the "hybrid" model. By hybrid I take it they mean you can come and go as you please, might be 10 - 2 one day, 9 to 5 the next, or not at all. Fully flexible. Sounds good to me.

I left work at 5:30pm a couple of tuesdays ago, took me 1hr and 10min to get home. I left at 3pm the week after, took me 35 minutes. This week I said I didn't feel like going in.
We do have hybrid and flex hours. Standard 40% WFH either ad-hoc or agreed pattern. I personally do ad-hoc because I prefer to work in the office.

These people are complaining about having to do the 60% in the office because it is too "risky" so want to WFH 100%.

Just reminded me to update my resume because contracting market is way hot at the moment. WFH won't even factor for me, only $$$
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2022, 11:11 AM   #18795
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 14,447 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0457 from 1.0184 and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 10,674 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0150 (from 1.0155) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Total deaths since the start of the pandemic have passed 7,000 in Australia of which nearly 4,800+ are this year.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 21-04-2022, 11:49 AM   #18796
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 20th 2022.

50,482 new cases for Australia and 41 deaths so the CMR is 0.124%.

NZ recorded 11,292 cases and 7 deaths for a CMR of 0.068%.

The UK reported 26,093 cases and 508 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 0.788%.

50,309 new cases in the USA yesterday and 735 deaths sees CMR at 1.233%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 506M;
Europe passes 1.8M deaths;
Asia passes 146M cases;
Belgium passes 4M cases;
Slovenia passes 1M cases;

Taiwan (2,481) ...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Finland drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-04-2022, 11:46 AM   #18797
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 15,283 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0194 from 1.0457 and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 9,439 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9973 (from 1.0150) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line is still above the predictive trend line. Total deaths go past the 600 mark.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-04-2022, 12:12 PM   #18798
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 21st 2022.

54,558 new cases for Australia and 47 deaths so the CMR is 0.124%.

NZ recorded 10,371 cases and 18 deaths for a CMR of 0.070%.

The UK reported 19,472 cases and 646 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 0.790%.

74,715 new cases in the USA yesterday and 755 deaths sees CMR at 1.233%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 507M;
Europe passes 188M cases;
France passes 28M cases;
Finland passes 1M cases;

No countries ...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Finland moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-04-2022, 05:25 PM   #18799
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats the rule on being listed as a close contact in Victoria?

We were meant to be in the office this Wed. I reneged cos....well....I just didn't feel like heading in, weather was crap, had a tonne of admin to do and I didn't see a need to sit in traffic for a couple of hours. One of our team members started to feel unwell Wed night. Got RAT tested but inconclusive. Ratted again on Thursday, still inconclusive. Last night went and got a PCR done, came back positive this morning.

Other team members that went in were all sitting in the same vicinity. No group meetings, but a bit of mingling. Would have been more than 4 hours combined I'd think.

Team has been advised that those who went in, are not regarded as close contact because its not in a "confined" space. Huh? We have an open desk environment, but they are still situated next to each other. How does that work?

Rides (past and present)

Old 22-04-2022, 05:43 PM   #18800
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Whats the rule on being listed as a close contact in Victoria?

We were meant to be in the office this Wed. I reneged cos....well....I just didn't feel like heading in, weather was crap, had a tonne of admin to do and I didn't see a need to sit in traffic for a couple of hours. One of our team members started to feel unwell Wed night. Got RAT tested but inconclusive. Ratted again on Thursday, still inconclusive. Last night went and got a PCR done, came back positive this morning.

Other team members that went in were all sitting in the same vicinity. No group meetings, but a bit of mingling. Would have been more than 4 hours combined I'd think.

Team has been advised that those who went in, are not regarded as close contact because its not in a "confined" space. Huh? We have an open desk environment, but they are still situated next to each other. How does that work?
Simple call the Vic DHHS hotline opened 24/7 1800 675 398 and you will be told precisely where you stand with your concerns.
Old 23-04-2022, 12:22 AM   #18801
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of Mark McGowans kids is in a very bad way in hospital. I hope they pull through I can't imagine how bad that feels.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #18802
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 12,633 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 10.9830 from 1.0194 and the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

VIC records 8,120 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9763 (from 0.9973) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 27-04-2022 at 09:47 AM.
Old 23-04-2022, 01:00 PM   #18803
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 22nd 2022.

48,983 new cases for Australia and 47 deaths so the CMR is 0.124%.

NZ recorded 9,473 cases and 10 deaths for a CMR of 0.070%.

The UK reported 23,697 cases and 320 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 0.790%.

46,645 new cases in the USA yesterday and 353 deaths sees CMR at 1.233%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 508M;
Germany passes 24M cases;
Italy passes 16M cases;
Belgium passes 4M cases;
Serbia passes 2M cases;

Taiwan (3,859) ...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Belgium drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-04-2022, 11:49 AM   #18804
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 11,107 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9731 from 0.9830 and the actual line remains above the predictive trend. NSW also passes 2,000 deaths in 2022.

VIC records 7,104 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9678 (from 0.9763) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st. WA passes 100 deaths for 2022.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-04-2022, 12:21 PM   #18805
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT April 23rd 2022.

41,253 new cases for Australia and 43 deaths so the CMR is 0.123%.

NZ recorded 7,984 cases and 17 deaths for a CMR of 0.071%.

The UK didn’t report for a CMR of 0.790%.

77,293 new cases in the USA yesterday and 576 deaths sees CMR at 1.232%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 509M;
Europe passes 189M cases;

Taiwan (4,204) ...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Cyprus drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-04-2022, 02:37 PM   #18806
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Global 24/4/22 (figures up to 23/04/22)

During the last 14 days, global CMR's have mostly been dropping with only a handful rising and the global average is now at 1.226% compared to 1.244% in the previous period and 2.205% a year ago today.

Case numbers continue to decrease significantly with 10.73M in this period compared to 17.42M in the previous period with 40,779 (a 58% reduction) deaths in the last 14 days for a higher CMR of 0.394% on an unadjusted basis.

Overall the increase in cases numbers was 2.1% but the variance in the number of deaths only 0.65%.

Countries (with >100k cases) that were above 10% growth rate include China (+18.1%); New Zealand (+13.4%); Australia (+11.2%) and South Korea (+10.0%).

Very few countries saw their mortalities increase by much with New Zealand (+29.0%), South Korea (+13.3%);Austria (+10.1%); Iceland (+8.9%); Finland (+8.4%) and Australia (+6.2%) the only significant growth amongst countries with >100k cases.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-04-2022, 08:53 PM   #18807
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Has anyone on here, road-tested the current travel arrangements for Oz-NZ and back for vaccinated, boosted Australians?

It looks like you can take a RAT supervised by a pharmacist, they stamp the form you’ve prepared in advance and that’s sufficient Covid-wise to enter NZ - leaving the sole requirement in NS as self-reporting your Days 1&6 RAT results.

And then returning to most Australian states, you just need to declare no Covid or symptoms?

It seems fairly straightforward, but after two years of fairly stringent rules almost feels like something is missing?
Old 25-04-2022, 09:08 PM   #18808
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Has anyone on here, road-tested the current travel arrangements for Oz-NZ and back for vaccinated, boosted Australians?

It looks like you can take a RAT supervised by a pharmacist, they stamp the form you’ve prepared in advance and that’s sufficient Covid-wise to enter NZ - leaving the sole requirement in NS as self-reporting your Days 1&6 RAT results.

And then returning to most Australian states, you just need to declare no Covid or symptoms?

It seems fairly straightforward, but after two years of fairly stringent rules almost feels like something is missing?
I don't know about the Foggy Isle but Syd, Melb and Bris International terminals here have testing on site and results back in 90mins.

https://www.histopath.com.au/locations/airport
Old 25-04-2022, 10:12 PM   #18809
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I don't know about the Foggy Isle but Syd, Melb and Bris International terminals here have testing on site and results back in 90mins.

https://www.histopath.com.au/locations/airport
This is what I have heard testing for all passengers at the airports before departing overseas, you will have to spend more time at the airport doing test then wait for result before you book in.
Old 26-04-2022, 08:15 AM   #18810
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Here, it says if you’re an Australian citizen a supervised RAT is OK for entry to NZ. There’s a form you can download and print in advance for the appropriate supervisor to ratify your results.

https://covid19.govt.nz/internationa...parture-test-1

Then on arrival you’re given a brace of RATs:

https://covid19.govt.nz/internationa...n-new-zealand/

On return, I think NSW/VIC/ACT/QLD are basically on the same page. Here’s NSW:

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/trav...-from-overseas

Note the implication you should be arriving with unused RATs or have them ready for you. Also note that compared to NZ you only have to report a positive result - not any result. So - it relies more on honesty.
Closed Thread