Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2024, 02:21 PM   #1
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Toyota 4WD, ute customers to foot the bill for fines under new Australian emissions targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
All to get us to some unrealistic target that our Govt decided was a good idea !
If a change in government like US when Trump got in (or lobbying from auto industry, like in Europe which still has manufacturers and ze Germans have successfully wound back abandonment of ICE) changed policy in the future here too, perhaps the target would move similarly. And then become a political ping pong ball in this very partisan age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsty
Everyones going to be in the same boat, consumer will pay somewhere, Automakers arent going to cop it.
In the States it seems the legacy automakers paid to the non-polluting ones, and such was the rise of Tesla. Now they have fed their nemesis, I wonder if any execs regret this? Toyota seem to have said flat out 'no' to this, and this is the most interesting aspect of their response: rather than pay their competitors, make their customers pay more. I reckon this might work, as Aussies will pay almost anything for a cruiser.