Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #1
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default RE: MD Mondeo Adaptive Cruise Control

Hi all,

I love how I now have both Cruise Control and Adaptive Cruise Control; but...

Now I no longer have the MC Titanium I am getting used to the MD Titanium.

What I liked about the MC was I could use the buttons SET+ / SET- to increase or decrease the speed by 5km/h. Then in addition I could fine tune via the RES button to increase by 1km/h increments. So I could go from say 60km/h to 62km/h by pressing the RES button twice. Simple!!!

Now on the MD I am facing a challenge from the Owners Manual to what the car actually functions like.

There are only (2) buttons for setting the speed RES+ / SET- and according to the owners manual, each press of the button increases / decreases speed by 1km/h. However in my car it is actually 5km/h.
So inturn I can not fine tune the set speed to say 71km/h or 103km/h for example.

What are other owners experiencing?
Old 20-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
2ndMondeo
Starter Motor

Default Re: MD Mondeo Adaptive Cruise Control

Yes that is how I see it.

It would appear the +/- setting is more for changing to a new speed limit rather than fine control. Personally I am OCD when it comes to setting the speed precisely. For example, I set the speed limiter at 83 for 80 and have to do it by pressing set when the 'needle' is at 83.
2011 Renault Megane RS250 Trophy
2007 MA Mondeo XR5
2ndMondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #3
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

I've found you go by best guess to get to 105kph and then set it, you'll get the actual speed on the dash when you set it. If I'm off a few K's then do it again correcting the speed and set it once again.

Not the greatest solution but it's working for me either on the first go or the next.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #4
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndMondeo View Post

It would appear the +/- setting is more for changing to a new speed limit rather than fine control. Personally I am OCD when it comes to setting the speed precisely. For example, I set the speed limiter at 83 for 80 and have to do it by pressing set when the 'needle' is at 83.
+ 1 for me.
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2016, 10:41 AM   #5
bananasnblow
Starter Motor

on an aside, I use the a speed reporting app on smartphone to give me GPS reported speed so setting ACC to true 100kph is correct. Turns out it's 104kph on my dash display, calibrate often to be sure. Love ACC, use it all the time.
bananasnblow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #6
sailaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
Hi all,

What I liked about the MC was I could use the buttons SET+ / SET- to increase or decrease the speed by 5km/h. Then in addition I could fine tune via the RES button to increase by 1km/h increments. So I could go from say 60km/h to 62km/h by pressing the RES button twice. Simple!!!

What are other owners experiencing?
On my MC I find hitting the SET buttons very marginally increases/decreases the CC speed each push. So little it seems as if it isn't doing anything.

Tried your suggestion of hitting the RESUME button but ran out of road to test it thoroughly although it to did not seem to make a difference.

Will try again this arvo but again just a short bit of freeway to do so in and may have to try another day.

Are you sure the RESUME button does anything else apart from resume the last speed limit after touching the brakes? (As I dig out the Owners handbook)
2010 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCi Diesel

Colour: Frozen White
sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #7
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

I had a bit of a WTF moment with Adaptive CC in the MD.

two lane single direction and I'm approaching an intersection that's changed to green with a vehicle ahead of me that the radar has picked up on (80kph HWY). I notice it starts to slow down as expected from the vehicle ahead so I decide to change into the right lane when is empty, but, there is another lane introduced for those wanting to turn right at the intersection which is quite long.

Because they are stationary and I'm changing lane the radar sees the stationary vehicles in the turning lane and thinks I'm about to have a collision and slows ever harder....wasn't a good feeling I can tell you for a first time experience. On the HWY it's fine and as expected; trouble free and enjoyable but in that situation had it confused.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #8
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway View Post
On my MC I find hitting the SET buttons very marginally increases/decreases the CC speed each push. So little it seems as if it isn't doing anything.

Tried your suggestion of hitting the RESUME button but ran out of road to test it thoroughly although it to did not seem to make a difference.

Will try again this arvo but again just a short bit of freeway to do so in and may have to try another day.

Are you sure the RESUME button does anything else apart from resume the last speed limit after touching the brakes? (As I dig out the Owners handbook)
I can confirm my MC Titanium operates as ope126 suggests.
Once ACC is set, pressing the SET+/SET- will only change speed by 5km/h increments. Then by pressing the RES each time it will only increase the speed in 1km/h increments.

I find I feel 1km/h speed increments quit easily, so 5km/h will push you back into your seat! ACC works fantastically, I love it.

Copied directly from an MC manual p143 (electronic version)
Quote:
Note: Vehicle speed may be increased
and decreased at intervals of 5 km/h.
Smaller increases of 1 km/h may be set
by pressing the RES switch.
Old 29-07-2016, 07:03 AM   #9
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway View Post

If you are referring to the Zetec (in your Sig) then it does not have ACC. So not sure if the above is applicable to your vehicle.
Old 29-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #10
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I must say that the ACC is so much smoother in its operational behaviour than in the MC. I no longer have all the snap, crackle and pops that occurred with the engine braking in the MC. There is absolutely none of that going on in the MD. I just wish I could fine tune the speed more precisely as I could in the MC.
Old 29-07-2016, 07:08 AM   #11
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndMondeo View Post

I hear what you are saying, but it just WORKED better in the MC in relation to the fine control. As for your OCD with setting the speed, it is actually a bit of a luck dip and I am sure you must get angry when you dont pres SET+ in time and end up selecting 84km/h rather than 83km/h like you wanted...

As for the needle, mine is nowhere near the markers on the speedo...
ACC set on 100km/h for example and the pointer of the needle looks like it is saying 96km/h!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:47 AM   #12
RandomThought

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
I had a bit of a WTF moment with Adaptive CC in the MD.

two lane single direction and I'm approaching an intersection that's changed to green with a vehicle ahead of me that the radar has picked up on (80kph HWY). I notice it starts to slow down as expected from the vehicle ahead so I decide to change into the right lane when is empty, but, there is another lane introduced for those wanting to turn right at the intersection which is quite long.

Because they are stationary and I'm changing lane the radar sees the stationary vehicles in the turning lane and thinks I'm about to have a collision and slows ever harder....wasn't a good feeling I can tell you for a first time experience. On the HWY it's fine and as expected; trouble free and enjoyable but in that situation had it confused.
I have had a similar experience in the MC and it scared the you know what out of me. I was travelling down the Bruce Highway and it was a slight right with a turn left lane. The car must of thought I was heading for a car turning left off the highway and felt like it slammed on the brakes for no reason. Luckily no one was behind us.

With the 1 or 5 km/h ACC adjustment, try a long press and a short press of the +\- buttons. Some Falcons used to adjust by 5 on a long press and 1 on a short press of the speed adjust button so maybe that will work?
RandomThought is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #13
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomThought View Post
I have had a similar experience in the MC and it scared the you know what out of me. I was travelling down the Bruce Highway and it was a slight right with a turn left lane. The car must of thought I was heading for a car turning left off the highway and felt like it slammed on the brakes for no reason. Luckily no one was behind us.

With the 1 or 5 km/h ACC adjustment, try a long press and a short press of the +\- buttons. Some Falcons used to adjust by 5 on a long press and 1 on a short press of the speed adjust button so maybe that will work?
Thanks for the idea, but a long press just goes, 60, 65, 70, 75 etc...
It just jumps through the speeds until you release.

I guess I just have to live with it!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #14
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: MD Mondeo Adaptive Cruise Control

Quote:
I hear what you are saying, but it just WORKED better in the MC in relation to the fine control. As for your OCD with setting the speed, it is actually a bit of a luck dip and I am sure you must get angry when you dont pres SET+ in time and end up selecting 84km/h rather than 83km/h like you wanted...

As for the needle, mine is nowhere near the markers on the speedo...
ACC set on 100km/h for example and the pointer of the needle looks like it is saying 96km/h!!!
Whatever the number is just cruise for a for seconds at your required number and hit +. That way you don't accidently get the wrong number. Don't press it while still accelerating. Easy!
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #15
7summit7
Mondeo MD Titanium Hatch

Hi All

Has anybody tried to bring it up with Ford? the 5k step is incredibly annoying.

Cheers

Mark
7summit7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2017, 04:08 PM   #16
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7summit7 View Post
Hi All

Has anybody tried to bring it up with Ford? the 5k step is incredibly annoying.

Cheers

Mark
Yes, no luck...
Old 15-02-2017, 05:22 PM   #17
7summit7
Mondeo MD Titanium Hatch

Quote:
Yes, no luck...
I have tried as well. I am trying some more though. It would be good to know how many people are interested in wanting it changed.

Cheers

Mark
7summit7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2017, 03:20 PM   #18
lotusproject

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7summit7 View Post
I have tried as well. I am trying some more though. It would be good to know how many people are interested in wanting it changed.

Cheers

Mark
Same for me. Can only get a 1 or 2 kph increment with judicious use of the throttle and pressing the lower "set" edge of the button. Anything else is changes the set speed to 5 or 0. Eg if I am travelling at 68 kph a press on the upper edge of the button will take me to 70 kph or 65 kph if I press the lower edge. Distracting and annoying. My earlier MC would go up or down by 1 kph.
lotusproject is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #19
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate this because I will be doing real 100km/h and someone will break to 95 because they see a speed camera but they are in fact then only doing 90...
It's annoying because every car is different.

If you read speed data from the ECU via the OBD port it gives you the unadjusted raw value, so maybe get a separate display hooked up if you want? That's what I have on mine.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #20
happycamper700
Starter Motor

I have had my MD Titanium since new at end of 2015. Early on I contacted Ford about the 5km/h increment problem....many calls ensued - they will NEVER let you speak to an actual engineer: just the customer service ladies who have no deep technical knowledge of the car, but are excellent at customer wrangling! Anyway, the final message was: no, it can't be changed, and why would you want to anyway? I gave up.

On another note, does anyone know if Tyre Pressure Monitoring (TPMS) is available on these cars? Seems it's an option when configuring - but not sure how it is displayed on the dash. And also digital speedo - which is a terrible oversight in these vehicles.

Ideas? Thanks...
happycamper700 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2019, 10:29 PM   #21
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper700 View Post
I have had my MD Titanium since new at end of 2015. Early on I contacted Ford about the 5km/h increment problem....many calls ensued - they will NEVER let you speak to an actual engineer: just the customer service ladies who have no deep technical knowledge of the car, but are excellent at customer wrangling! Anyway, the final message was: no, it can't be changed, and why would you want to anyway? I gave up.

On another note, does anyone know if Tyre Pressure Monitoring (TPMS) is available on these cars? Seems it's an option when configuring - but not sure how it is displayed on the dash. And also digital speedo - which is a terrible oversight in these vehicles.

Ideas? Thanks...
As far as I know, there is no TPMS on the car. As for ACC increments, there may be a technical way to reprogram the system to give you 1km/h increments rather than 5, but it will probably require fiddling with their company software, which Ford will never advise you to do.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #22
Renz
Starter Motor

Hey guys.

Whilst we still cannot do 1km/h increments, I did manage to find a slightly easier way to get it to the incremental speed I want. Try this next time you miss your intended target or simply just get it to the closest 5km/h increment below the desired speed. Then, accelerate (slowly, for now) until you get to the desired speed, then quickly press RES/+ button. Essentially the RES/+ button allows you to set a new speed (not just resume the old one) as long as you are in overide mode (accelerating). This avoids having to cancel CC and then press the SET/-button again. I know this method involves just 1 less click, but it feels a lot easier and more natural to do, than how I was previously doing it.
Renz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-12-2020, 10:51 AM   #23
shellingfox
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper700 View Post

Ideas? Thanks...
I get the TPMS sensors and activate it, this is how it look on the dash:
IMG_0745 (1).jpeg
Old 23-12-2020, 08:18 PM   #24
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellingfox View Post
I get the TPMS sensors and activate it, this is how it look on the dash:
Attachment 103867
It might have been an added feature later on in the model run, because it certainly isn't on my 2016 build ... unless I'm missing something.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2020, 09:23 AM   #25
shellingfox
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
It might have been an added feature later on in the model run, because it certainly isn't on my 2016 build ... unless I'm missing something.
Ah no, I added it by using FORScan and buy new TPMS Sensors kit.