Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-06-2020, 09:58 PM   #1
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Back In Focus!

Picked up a demo 2019 Ruby Red Trend today.

Really impressed so far, and I'm nowhere near working out everything it can do. It's not supposed to have any of the optional packs, but it has active cruise control and lane keeping assist, so maybe Ford upped the equipment level in this update (19.75)?

Haven't had a chance to take any pics - it's a very impressive colour - but here's a link to a similar car.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...17469468/?Cr=4

Hers: 2014 Ford Focus LW Trend Mk II: Stock 6-speed DCT

Last edited by In Focus; 26-06-2020 at 10:10 PM.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #2
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back In Focus!

How much did you get it for. It is a nice colour. Don't particularly like the Trend grille but the car itself is great.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$23k. It had about 5000km on it. I think the MY 19.75 version must have had the Driver Assistance Pack (originally a $1250 option) fitted as standard as everything in that, including rear cross-traffic alert, is present.

The auto wipers seem well calibrated, because I haven't had to override them manually when the rain comes and goes. The same applies to the automatic headlights.

The engine has enough power for me (and I'm coming from a light hot hatch), and the gearbox always seems to be in the right gear. You've got 8 gears, so that shouldn't be surprising, I suppose!

Overall, very happy so far!

Last edited by In Focus; 28-06-2020 at 01:28 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Quarantine Security Team
Donating Member3

I had a loan car of one of the ST line variants of these earlier in the year, the thing that stood out to me was how nice the steering wheel felt in your hands

Standard weapon of choice for ethnics wearing backwards baseball caps from low socioeconomic-ville
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2020, 01:25 AM   #5
Envi_XR8

Great colour, I got mine ceramic coated and has really gave it more depth, constantly get comments on how nice of a colour it is the by people
Also not sure on the trend models if the chrome on the grill goes all the way across behind the number plate attachment thing but first thing I did was remove it and fit a slime line number plate changed the whole look of the front end
SY Mk II TTG ,2017 LZ Focus Sport ,BA G220 MkII in Blaze ,98 EL Futura ,BA MkII XR8 ,EL II XR8 185kw, 98 EL Fairmont Ghia and SY Territory Turbo
Envi_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I had a loan car of one of the ST line variants of these earlier in the year, the thing that stood out to me was how nice the steering wheel felt in your hands
When I serviced my Falcon FGX XR8 my dealer gave me various day cars, first was a Mustang, then a Ranger. Neither did anything for me.

Then they gave me a Focus ST line hatch, and I loved the steering and general handling, and like In Focus said, the engine felt strong and I thought it was a 2 litre turbo.

Liked it so much that when I found out I could buy a smaller car with same engine and hotter tune with 6 speed manual- could not resist getting a Fiesta ST.

Ford has done a good job with the Focus/Fiesta range

Ford TE 4.1 litre manual, alloy head, valves, waggot cam, holley, extractors, tyre spinning fun that handled like a drunken slug on amphetamines

Ford Festiva 1.3 - married-still alive???

Now

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98 whoohoo
asagaai is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #7
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envi_XR8 View Post
Great colour, I got mine ceramic coated and has really gave it more depth, constantly get comments on how nice of a colour it is the by people
Also not sure on the trend models if the chrome on the grill goes all the way across behind the number plate attachment thing but first thing I did was remove it and fit a slime line number plate changed the whole look of the front end
If you don't mind saying, how much was the Ceramic Coat? I'm up for washing, polishing and waxing, but I've noticed a few stone chips. Coming from a VW group car, that wasn't a problem, but all of the Focuses we've had (LV, LW and now, it seems, SA) seem to have soft paint. If any of these coatings add a little extra protection, I'm definitely interested.

Old 29-06-2020, 07:06 PM   #8
Envi_XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
If you don't mind saying, how much was the Ceramic Coat? I'm up for washing, polishing and waxing, but I've noticed a few stone chips. Coming from a VW group car, that wasn't a problem, but all of the Focuses we've had (LV, LW and now, it seems, SA) seem to have soft paint. If any of these coatings add a little extra protection, I'm definitely interested.
I got it done at Whitworth’s automotive polishing,they uses a product out of the states called SystemX cost me $1200
It’s the first time I’ve had a car done, can’t really say if it helps reducing stone chips
I can say the car never really looks dirty and washing and drying takes half the time it did on my previous focus and best thing I never need to polish and wax again 👍🏻
SY Mk II TTG ,2017 LZ Focus Sport ,BA G220 MkII in Blaze ,98 EL Futura ,BA MkII XR8 ,EL II XR8 185kw, 98 EL Fairmont Ghia and SY Territory Turbo
Envi_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:49 PM   #9
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finished the novel, I mean owner's manual, over the weekend all 400+ pages of it. Fortunately, I was able to skip a few things that weren't relevant, such as setting up kids' seats and stuff about diesel engines and so on.

Tried the lane keeping assist out when I alone on the road, works quite well, not too "jerky", though it maybe waits until you are too close to the line.

Haven't tried out the AEB for pedestrians yet - anyone want to volunteer to be the pedestrian?

4 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #10
White turbo

I said farewell to my FGX Turbo, and now in a Ruby Red SA Focus, St Line wagon, truly amazing!!!! Great handling, the 1.5 Lt is sensational and the 8 speed transmission is awesome. Great finish The technology is simply amazing. I got the Moon Roof option.
White turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2020, 10:16 PM   #11
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by White turbo View Post
I said farewell to my FGX Turbo, and now in a Ruby Red SA Focus, St Line wagon, truly amazing!!!! Great handling, the 1.5 Lt is sensational and the 8 speed transmission is awesome. Great finish The technology is simply amazing. I got the Moon Roof option.
Excellent.

I can't believe Ford struggles to sell these cars.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:38 PM   #12
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone found any scuff/sill plates? Not interested in illuminated ones, just stainless steel or even plastic - something to stop scratches and scrapes for people getting in. I've had the touch up paint out already for something that was present at time of delivery, but don't want to be doing that all the time.

I saw some from a company called Lockwood in the UK which look good, but it was double the cost to freight them here as the cost of the actual product.