Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-07-2020, 12:15 AM   #181
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Serious question. Who do you guys think Putin and Xi will be rooting for?
Biden because he's a weak and senile old man who can't even make it through a media interview without cognitive issues and will cave to pressure from China.

It's good that the USA and UK are standing up to them, it's about time the world started turning it's back on them.

They either need:

A) Regime change

B) Clean up their poor human rights record with the 1.5M people they have in concentration camps and recognize Taiwan as an independent nation.

C) Everyone refuses to trade with them.

The first one would end in a nuclear war if it was done by traditional methods so hopefully that's off the cards.

Preferably achieving B through option C - hurt them where it counts.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 12:27 AM   #182
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny they think Canada and UK have been "tactful"... I must admit I'm surprised at the lack of noise coming out of the UK.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...623508d89e0f4d

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2020, 12:32 AM   #183
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

It's going to hurt us economically but it's already in the toilet anyway and this should serve as a message to lazy business and politicians that you shouldn't have all your eggs in one basket with a single very aggressive trading partner who is in no way compatible with your own values.

They're picking on us because they know we're a bunch of greedy and weak money hungry monkeys who are in their backyard so they're threatening to take their $2 coin out of the fountain we're fighting each other over.

What's the point of being a rich nation when you can't defend your wealth? We're like a computer geek at high school in Campbellfield with $750 for lunch money.

It's alright let it turn to **** and we'll pick up the pieces, hopefully at the other end after crawling through the sewer we'll come out sparkly and smelling of roses.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 27-07-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 01:17 AM   #184
gooseneck
Banned

I'm a tad concerned over NK rowing a stolen nuke down in between those US/AU ships and setting it off then pointing the finger at China.

But if its low yield I doubt the US/AU will do anything.

Its a highly complex battlefield and if you worry about even just the tiniest little thing you end up getting an anxiety attack.

So I don't worry too much about the nukes. I'm more concerned about the panic and looting that people would do in the event of a breakout of war. Even if a single shell never lands on AUS soil the panic and theft is tremendously damaging.

If we're thrown into 3rd world country status it doesn't matter what you own its what you can grab your hands on and what you can protect with fences.

Just like how it is in South Africa. Fenced off communities keep the poor people out. If you're capable of fencing off your neighborhood then you are golden.

https://qz.com/africa/1175370/johann...-south-africa/

Last edited by gooseneck; 27-07-2020 at 01:43 AM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2020, 02:13 AM   #185
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dear China,
F_ck You, and the horse you rode in on.
5 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #186
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Serious question. Who do you guys think Putin and Xi will be rooting for?
Definitely Biden. He's weak and can be bought off. Remember the time he bragged about his son's Ukraine deal, and how he got the guy investigating his son for corruption fired?

Funny how they went after Trump in his impeachment when Biden admitted on record he had done the very thing they were accusing Trump off. Staggering hypocrisy.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 03:27 PM   #187
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Somehow by watching Avi Yemeni vids posted on this forum I am now receiving emails from yellowvestaustralia.org

These are the t-shirts they were offering for sale

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 04:50 PM   #188
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
They either need:

A) Regime change

B) Clean up their poor human rights record with the 1.5M people they have in concentration camps and recognize Taiwan as an independent nation.

C) Everyone refuses to trade with them.

The first one would end in a nuclear war if it was done by traditional methods so hopefully that's off the cards.

Preferably achieving B through option C - hurt them where it counts.
Horse has bolted to go down C alone, so C alone is not likely. There are many "poor" countries that want to get out of the rat race, and China offers them an opportunity. Part of the angst at the moment is that they are gaining influence? Which suggests they are gaining support? Maybe not from "the allies" but looks like they are in other parts, particular middle east and africa, and possibly pacific islands. And all the noise about them taking over various UN bodies. You get appointed by votes? I dunno I haven't looked into how the various UN bodies work. Is it votes or rotational like the EU? I still think Europe will be the king maker.

Can't see A happening without more support from the rest of the world, particularly Europe. What frightens me most is that they have two mad dogs on their side with nuclear capabilities. Nuclear war in the SCS would be disastrous for the region, and I think we are at the border of that region. Immediate deaths and injuries aside, what is the lingering effect of several nuclear detonations? Will it contaminate the area and for how long? What happens to all the food source that ASEAN rely on. Could the same food source make its way over here? I'm heading over to Goose's backyard if this eventuates.

I think Xi and Putin would back Trump, not because of policies, but because of how the policies would be applied. Trump or Biden, policy on China would be similar. But I think Biden and his team would be far more measured and strategic, making them more dangerous to the enemy.

Whilst some might find the tshirt funny, consider that there are a lot of people originally from China living in Australia. They have nothing to do with their government's policies. Many of them may have left because of the government, but it doesn't mean they hate their country. This is where some people are blurring the lines between issues with the government vs the country and its people. Can' wait for parliament to sit again so I can hear what Pauline has to say, forget about the burka, I wouldn't be surprised if she walked in with the tshirt on :P. Ok, enough of the sermon.
Old 27-07-2020, 11:30 PM   #189
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
I'm heading over to Goose's backyard if this eventuates.
hahaha

Old 28-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #190
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Horse has bolted to go down C alone, so C alone is not likely. There are many "poor" countries that want to get out of the rat race, and China offers them an opportunity. Part of the angst at the moment is that they are gaining influence? Which suggests they are gaining support? Maybe not from "the allies" but looks like they are in other parts, particular middle east and africa, and possibly pacific islands. And all the noise about them taking over various UN bodies. You get appointed by votes? I dunno I haven't looked into how the various UN bodies work. Is it votes or rotational like the EU? I still think Europe will be the king maker.

Can't see A happening without more support from the rest of the world, particularly Europe. What frightens me most is that they have two mad dogs on their side with nuclear capabilities. Nuclear war in the SCS would be disastrous for the region, and I think we are at the border of that region. Immediate deaths and injuries aside, what is the lingering effect of several nuclear detonations? Will it contaminate the area and for how long? What happens to all the food source that ASEAN rely on. Could the same food source make its way over here? I'm heading over to Goose's backyard if this eventuates.

I think Xi and Putin would back Trump, not because of policies, but because of how the policies would be applied. Trump or Biden, policy on China would be similar. But I think Biden and his team would be far more measured and strategic, making them more dangerous to the enemy.

Whilst some might find the tshirt funny, consider that there are a lot of people originally from China living in Australia. They have nothing to do with their government's policies. Many of them may have left because of the government, but it doesn't mean they hate their country. This is where some people are blurring the lines between issues with the government vs the country and its people. Can' wait for parliament to sit again so I can hear what Pauline has to say, forget about the burka, I wouldn't be surprised if she walked in with the tshirt on :P. Ok, enough of the sermon.
hey fifty cent, ccp is going down, its written all over the internet.
and you can,t save ccp on a ford forum.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2020, 05:43 PM   #191
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

IMO having been going back and forth for business to China near on 20yrs I'd love any OS Gov to stick it up the CCP and so much more.......
So for me Trump no matter his screwed up egotistical lack of political background ways I hope he wins re election.....
Maybe it was the meant to be modern day storm in global politics ? who knows.
Putin Xi would root anything for politcal gain no different to them all before and after.
IF we have to suffer in the end one day due to US finally making a proper strategic stand so be it I'll be standing up for it no worries at all.
Sick of them having tenticles everywhere I go, countries need to wake up and stop selling their souls for money/handouts.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 07:16 PM   #192
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
hey fifty cent, ccp is going down, its written all over the internet.

and you can,t save ccp on a ford forum.
I see where you are going with this.

All good.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 28-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #193
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post

Maybe it was the meant to be modern day storm in global politics ? who knows.
Putin Xi would root anything for politcal gain no different to them all before and after.
It's been planned, and for a long time. Timing is everything.

These dip **** are calling Trump a dictator but Putin and Xi Jinping can reign for life?

I buy peanut butter that uses peanuts grown in Australia - protect out farmers regardless of who bought that land.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #194
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
It's been planned, and for a long time. Timing is everything.

These dip **** are calling Trump a dictator but Putin and Xi Jinping can reign for life?

I buy peanut butter that uses peanuts grown in Australia - protect out farmers regardless of who bought that land.
True. Pivot to Asia started in 2012 by Obama....before Xi even took office. John Pilger's documentary called the US military bases surrounding southern China a "noose". At any moment in time they could cut off supplies, and China will effectively starve to death. Hence why I think nuclear war is not out of the equation.

Hmmmm what's this about? Poms rooting for Beijing Biden?

Boris Johnson's government is privately 'desperate' for Trump to lose the election to Joe Biden

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/d...20-7?r=US&IR=T
Old 29-07-2020, 07:15 PM   #195
gooseneck
Banned

It doesn't matter who wants who to fail or wants what or who cuts up their piece of the pie.

We got into debt with China.
The IMF sold debt to the entire 3rd world.

The problem here is debt.
Stop getting into debt and we will be fine.

But we don't want to stop buying stupid SUVs or million dollar McMansions.

Thankfully the last time I bought a tv set was 5 years ago but buying a new phone every year is gratuitious.

Either pay off the debt or prepare for war and seeing as we no longer have any easy resources to pay for the debt...

So war it is. War is good for banks after all.

Didn't some guy a few thousand years ago say something about bankers?

Last edited by gooseneck; 29-07-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old 29-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #196
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
It doesn't matter who wants who to fail or wants what or who cuts up their piece of the pie.

Thankfully the last time I bought a tv set was 5 years ago but buying a new phone every year is gratuitious.

Either pay off the debt or prepare for war and seeing as we no longer have any easy resources to pay for the debt...

Love your updates Makes my day. I thought UK and US held most of our debt? Do you know how China holding $1.3 trillion of US debt plays out in all of this? Is this like someone putting a hit on their loan shark because they don't want to repay the loan? I have no idea how foreign debt works.

What happens if China decides to dump the debt on market? Can they do that? Who will hurt more?

And most importantly, where should I stick my money in these times? Gold has already bolted :(
Old 29-07-2020, 09:05 PM   #197
gooseneck
Banned

Put it into things that will keep you alive.

Fences. Food. Fords.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=177

And whatever I covered in this post.

If you haven't got a place to put it all then get a Farm. Just don't use Finance to buy it with, save up for it.

Last edited by gooseneck; 29-07-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Old 30-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #198
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

hehe very true goose.
Money, some in my circles long ago blamed the greeks re the first coins.

Yep debt, where once we lived by our means and since credit cards etc we live beyond our means. (well many do today)
Damn a new mobile every year isn't cheap if going the high end ones.
Now you can buy 65/75" tv's cheaper than a top spec iphone, go figure.

Funny you bringing up about getting set up of the grid so to speak, only brought this up to friends last week due to covid and all.
Yes a war has to happen sooner or later, man cannot help itself.
Its been too long since WW11 followed by the middle east US raids so its got to come.
Place needs it have to say, we've got too much cancer building up inside.
People are unrest, countries are getting poorer and obviously there always has to be a villian, China is a good one I suppose.
Trouble is they are all as bad as each other and were the lambs to slaughter/callateral damage.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:10 PM   #199
gooseneck
Banned

Australia is a key rare earth mineral supplier for the USA. I'm sure we will be safeguarded by the US.

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/s...61499bf0eb8708

As for domestic problems here in Australia I'm pretty sure that its going to be a complete **** show over the next 5 years.

https://time.com/4737800/meth-austra...ylamphetamine/
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-...study/11633416

Meth is already a strain for the cops here.

I would expect theft to be an everyday thing.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #200
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:

Goose, I can sell you a nice hand built Keep.
Arrow slit windows and boiling fat buckets to ward off those commie marauders are a no cost option.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #201
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Australia is a key rare earth mineral supplier for the USA. I'm sure we will be safeguarded by the US.

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/s...61499bf0eb8708

As for domestic problems here in Australia I'm pretty sure that its going to be a complete **** show over the next 5 years.

https://time.com/4737800/meth-austra...ylamphetamine/
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-...study/11633416

Meth is already a strain for the cops here.

I would expect theft to be an everyday thing.
Hello Goosey,
If you are hanging your hat on rare earths, then I have bad news for you. You see, rare earths aren't really that rare. There is actually lots of it, but its just not economical to dig out and clean at current prices. There is plenty of supply to meet demand. If the tables turn, they can just dig out the same stuff closer to their own backyard. Geologists believe the biggest untapped rare earth mine actually sit in......North Korea. I have more confidence of a rescue mission from King Charles or King Williams. I trust William he seems like a decent chap.

On the subject of China, I see they have built four new VLOCs with more to come. This is not what Australia wants to see. VLOCs can carry large amounts of ore for very long distances.

Drugs are bad mmmkay, but I think we are going to have a bigger problem. Gangs. It has already started. There has been an increase in report of attacks of people of asian decent, particularly in SA. You don't hear much about it on mainstream news but there are plenty of footages if you know where to look. Bad news is, vigilante groups are now forming. That's how gangs start. A small group of people feeling vulnerable so they band together. Then when they realise how much power they have it snowballs into something bigger and more dangerous. It reminds me of the 80s where special task forces had to be set up to deal with it. Not good. You see, drugs I have the choice to stay clear of, to some extent. Gangs, it will come to your door step whether you choose it or not.

Stay safe
Old 09-08-2020, 11:03 AM   #202
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
boiling fat buckets to ward off those commie marauders are a no cost option.
Quote:
Hello Goosey,

Gangs, it will come to your door step whether you choose it or not.

Stay safe
Aww isn't that sweet you guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-MySzAac

Here I am whittling broomsticks into spears.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:04 PM   #203
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another company got into bed with the devil and lost.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ed-car-company
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2020, 01:30 AM   #204
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Another company got into bed with the devil and lost.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ed-car-company
Who the hell in their right mind would make a deal with such a corrupt government that will change the rules to suit them at the drop of a hat???

My goodness...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2020, 03:26 AM   #205
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

China faces a number of fundamental problems:

They're a huge international player, and want to do even more.
But at the same time they are xenophobic, paranoid, and inept at foreign communication.

They want to catch and surpass the world in technical and scientific innovation.
But the entire fabric of their society is based on people not thinking for themselves and not challenging the status quo.

They want to elevate their population to a prosperous middle-class.
But much of their industry is built on horrific exploitation of the working class.

In their thirst to always progress the interests of China, they engage in wholesale corruption, deceit, and treachery.
Yet those same qualities make their corporations and industries hideously inefficient.

They engage in bullying and extortion in their International Trade dealings, feeling secure in the knowledge that collectively China is the biggest participant in most markets, and that therefore "we need them more than they need us."
However they have built their entire economy on International Commerce, and in total they are extremely vulnerable.

They have developed their entire economy buy constantly short-selling their currency. They can only do that by constantly buying up USD reserves. I really don't know how long they can sustain that.

They have a fig up their **** about Taiwan, and insist on constant Sabre-Rattling, threatening of Taiwan, and ****ing off America.
Eventually their own stupid pride will get them into a war with somebody like Trump. So China, whose entire economy depends on Maritime Commerce, will have to take on the US Navy. Good luck with that.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #206
gooseneck
Banned

My fish food comes from Taiwan so. I've been buying food on credit 20kg at a time so I've got at least 6 months supply if anything were to happen.

Same goes for medication, its impossible now to get Tetracycline meds imported from China, which has made my life difficult to say the least as I've got an outbreak of Cottonmouth/Columnaris, I've been buying multicure in those tiny little bottles. You can get Blue Planet Tetracycline locally but its 4x the cost or more. I used to be able to get 4x bottles for the same price as one bottle of 25x tablets.

I might have to find an Aussie manufacturer of aquatic meds.

I have had plans for buying 100% Australian fish food ever since day one but its not time yet to be doing that in my business as I'm far too small to afford the 50% markup above the cost of the fish food from Taiwan. One of these days though I'm sure its going to be difficult to get anything at all from overseas and I'll be forced to buy 100% Australian everything.

I am concerned too about the Australian supplier being able to deliver because I doubt that they can provide a product without China/Asia either.

So I'm doomed if I do and doomed if I don't.

Last edited by gooseneck; 10-08-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #207
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hard to have sympathy when people chasing the $ get burnt. The rewards are huge but so are the risks. When you sign on to get cheap labour and access China's mass market, they usually demand something big back. 9 times out of 10, its to have access to the design. This is not new, and has been going on since day dot. But businesses sign on because they see the big $$$$$. I suspect we are not being told the full story on the Saleen deal. It could also be retaliation for all the "executive orders" and sanctions. I wonder how the Teslas and the Boeings are managing this risk. Have heard some big companies use their own citizens to run sensitive parts of the business. That is good risk management.

If you ever watch Dragon's Den / Shark Tank, the Dragons / Sharks always ask if the presenter holds the patent on a new invention. If the answer is no, they run a million miles. They also run a million miles if the presenter wants to go into external markets, including the US. That or they ask for a big slice of the pie. Why? Because the risks are huge. Other countries don't play by our rules. But fear not, we now have rules that allows us to have full control on foreign investments. FIRB threshold is now set at $0, and the FIRB can force foreign entities to sell at a later date if they deem that it is not of national interest.

Sorry to hear about your plight Goose. The world relies on China to supply the raw ingredients for much of its medicines. Imagine is there is a "executive order" signed to limit export to certain parts of the world. Not out of the question if war breaks out. So maybe look to natural remedies, or start barracking for India. My mate has been trying to source canned tuna with 100% ingredients from Australia. He is struggling. I tell him its fine to get John West, which is Thailand owned, but he thinks all of Asia is the same as China. He can't tell the difference. Typical tradie.....
Old 10-08-2020, 10:33 AM   #208
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
My fish food comes from Taiwan so. I've been buying food on credit 20kg at a time so I've got at least 6 months supply if anything were to happen.

Same goes for medication, its impossible now to get Tetracycline meds imported from China, which has made my life difficult to say the least as I've got an outbreak of Cottonmouth/Columnaris, I've been buying multicure in those tiny little bottles. You can get Blue Planet Tetracycline locally but its 4x the cost or more. I used to be able to get 4x bottles for the same price as one bottle of 25x tablets.

I might have to find an Aussie manufacturer of aquatic meds.

I have had plans for buying 100% Australian fish food ever since day one but its not time yet to be doing that in my business as I'm far too small to afford the 50% markup above the cost of the fish food from Taiwan. One of these days though I'm sure its going to be difficult to get anything at all from overseas and I'll be forced to buy 100% Australian everything.

I am concerned too about the Australian supplier being able to deliver because I doubt that they can provide a product without China/Asia either.

So I'm doomed if I do and doomed if I don't.
Plenty are the same position, catch22..
Old 10-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #209
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Interesting read namely the cost of moving out of China. Products see an increase of 30% - 40% ... and the logistics of making it happen

https://titoma.com/blog/manufacturing-moving-out-china

https://titoma.com/blog/electronic-m...a-alternatives
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #210
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Interesting read namely the cost of moving out of China. Products see an increase of 30% - 40% ... and the logistics of making it happen

https://titoma.com/blog/manufacturing-moving-out-china

https://titoma.com/blog/electronic-m...a-alternatives
Saw a doco on ABC the other day on Australian wool manufacturing. We send our wool over to China for them to wash and clean, then it is sent back here, we make the stuff, then sell it and often back to China.

There were talks about bringing the washing process back to Australia. It will cost $20m per factory, money that your average wool farmer does not have. Then add the labour costs.