Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Old 02-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #271
MickyG
76 Fal Coupe

Default Coupe tailight assemblies and Honeycomb for sale

Hi have two tailight assemblies and one honeycomb for sale on e-bay now if your interested, put them on for starting bid at $0.99. Have to get rid of them as parts keep on going missing from my garage so better to sell it then have the dogs bury it in the backyard somewhere. Originally from XC coupe.

Will be asking alot of questions as Lego is beyond me!
MickyG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #272
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0090
I'm chasing an XC tramp rod (XC 9" diff on XB)
I have XB tramp rods, but apparently don't fit on XC diff due to disc brake at rear.
Just a thought, Would you be better off going originality and chasing an XB 9 inch or housing/axles and brakes?
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #273
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
Just a thought, Would you be better off going originality and chasing an XB 9 inch or housing/axles and brakes?
just need the break set up,if u can get em of a p5ltd,heaps easyer they trying to make some thing up

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #274
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default (QLD) Coupe Seats.....FREE!!!

I have a set of front and rear seats to suit a Coupe, not sure which model they came out off....

They are pretty ratty and have no sliders or windback/layback/layforward mechanisims on them, these are just the frames with the old, old trim on them....

The frames look ok and i would think usable....

Just thought someone here may have a use for them before they go to the dump!!!

If someone wants them just PM me, they need to be gone before the 14th July....

Cheers....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #275
coupe060

Hi GT0090,just found this post and was wondering if you sold the hotwires.pat
coupe060 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #276
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
I have a set of front and rear seats to suit a Coupe, not sure which model they came out off....

They are pretty ratty and have no sliders or windback/layback/layforward mechanisims on them, these are just the frames with the old, old trim on them....

The frames look ok and i would think usable....

Just thought someone here may have a use for them before they go to the dump!!!

If someone wants them just PM me, they need to be gone before the 14th July....
The seats have gone.....

Thanks.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #277
GT0090

Default Hotwire gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe060
Hi GT0090,just found this post and was wondering if you sold the hotwires.pat
Sorry Pat, gone for $1250 to a good home
GT0090 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #278
coupe060

Hi auslandau, just wondering if anyone can put items for sale here or do you have to be a member of the ford coupe club to do so. Gee it's a pity i missed them GT0090 thanks anyway. Pat.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #279
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the following.
L/H remote mirror to suit Landau etc
P5/6 bonnet emblem
Condition of both 8/10.
What are they worth?
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #280
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe060
Hi auslandau, just wondering if anyone can put items for sale here or do you have to be a member of the ford coupe club to do so. Gee it's a pity i missed them GT0090 thanks anyway. Pat.
For sale adds should be made in the For Sale Section then you can advertise here with a link. Seperate adds really shouldn't be placed here as its too hard to keep track of what is sold and what isnt .... Also you need 25 posts to place an add .... nearly there This is just to stop spammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
I have the following.
P5/6 bonnet emblem
Condition of both 8/10.
What are they worth?
About $2.50 each and I will pick up on the weekend

Actually the mirrors are very common ... used for P5,6 & Landau and heaps always on ebay. No pitted my guess around $30.00 ... normal would be $15.00 plus. The emblem about the same

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #281
coupe060

ok thanks for your help.Pat.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #282
351gtw

Looking for a xb rear laplash seat belt the early type in black webbing just the male half or complet thanks.
351gtw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #283
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
I have the following.
P5/6 bonnet emblem
Condition of both 8/10.
What are they worth?
Not wanting to be picky, but the P5 bonnet mascot is different to the P6/FC/FD ones. If P5, then worth heaps more than a P6 etc one.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #284
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
Not wanting to be picky, but the P5 bonnet mascot is different to the P6/FC/FD ones. If P5, then worth heaps more than a P6 etc one.
You are right ..... Put the P6 on the P5 and it points forward.

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #285
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see wheel arch moulds are now being reproduced, Don't know if he is doing XA/XB or XC style moulds. Wonder what quality will be like? I think he is doing sedan and coupe.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #286
DMN8RX

hi guys..gotta start moving some of my coupe stuff but dont know where to start price wise..i have rubys wreck in the backyard getting way too much attention, about to move her into the garage to strip her out..

some of the stuff i'll keep as spares but most has to go..could you guys give me an idea of price?..i recently sold her perfect rust free doors on ebay for way less than i think they were worth and dont want to do that again, she was in fantastic condition..

i have her full interior, retrimmed in beige flock velvet feel stuff, the drivers seat back broke in the accident at the hinge and half way up from the hinge on the outer side so would have to be stripped back and welded..the hinge seems to be okay tho..the passenger seat and rear seat is fine tho watermarked..hood lining is perfect but i dont know if that can be removed without damaging it..

xc sports dash in excellent condition, top isnt cracked..xc sports steering wheel in excellent condition..front passenger side seat belt..centre console was beige colour changed to black and in good condition tho needs to be sprayed again to make mickey mouse..also side vent thingamees, centremount aerial, side mirrors, side indicators, all good..
she also has a very sexy aviation fuel filler, worth around $1000, looks so tough!..

since she copped the huge whallop up the butt then pushed under a semi there arent too many salvageable panels, bonnet, bootlid, rear panel, rear quarters, rear chassis, both bumpers, all gone to god..if i can get dangerous with an oxy torch the roof could be saved, the front guards too with not much work and the sill panels and panel under rear window are perfect and rust free..worth the effort?..

rear seat belts, glass and rear parcel shelf spoken for..as is the diff, tailshaft, suspension, disc brakes, all for trixie..

i also have some other goodies lying around that have to go but i was keeping to ruby for now..if pics would help i'll post them up for you..i think i have pics of the wreck here somewhere i'll post up if i can find them..woul so appreciate help with this guys!!..cheers, pami
DMN8RX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #287
DMN8RX

Unhappy

get ready to cry..

before..

after..

before..

after..hmm..okay, working on it..will be back later to add..too much stuff to list out separately..

pami
Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #288
DMN8RX

oops..have just removed stereo from rubys dash and found the bracket screws had been sheered off with the impact of the crash..upon further investigation found a crack in the dash, top to bottom right down the middle..i'm guessing it could easily be plastic welded but is there much demand for an XC sports dash?..
Old 08-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #289
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Not greatly .... they pop up on ebay often and seem to be quite a few around cheaper than all other X series dashes

Sorry about the coupe :( very depressing to see one like that. Must have been a fair wack! They dont buckle too easily.

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #290
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When i get a chance i'll put up a pic and you guys can tell me which one it is.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #291
74xbkoop
74xbkoop

That must have been one hell of a hit. Shame to see one in ths state. Hope you were not hurt.
74xbkoop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #292
DMN8RX

sorry guys, will post pics of the front when i can get my computer to play nicely with photobucket..

was sitting waiting to turn and got slammed into from behind by a transit van, he told the cops he was doing around 80kph, not looking, hands off the wheel groping for torch batteries on the passenger side floor..night time, raining, never saw me, never touched the brakes, slammed the car in under the side fuel tank of a semi..7 broken ribs, hip, shins, toes, neck and my back is stuffed for life..and he killed my car!..cops threw the book at him..she was insured and i have another gorgeous coupe but not the same..

i do know though that had i been in a newer small car i wouldnt be here........
Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #293
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Man, that's really gotta suck, very sorry for your loss and ongoing medical probs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN8RX
i have her full interior, retrimmed in beige flock velvet feel stuff, the drivers seat back broke in the accident at the hinge and half way up from the hinge on the outer side so would have to be stripped back and welded..the hinge seems to be okay tho..the passenger seat and rear seat is fine tho watermarked..hood lining is perfect but i dont know if that can be removed without damaging it..
It's hard to say what a non-original interior would go for???? It maybe a case of simply listing it and see what happens. I think the value will be in the seats themselves as compared to the re-trimming. However, that said, if the right buyer/s come along, you could do well.

Quote:
xc sports dash in excellent condition, top isnt cracked..xc sports steering wheel in excellent condition..front passenger side seat belt..centre console was beige colour changed to black and in good condition tho needs to be sprayed again to make mickey mouse..also side vent thingamees, centremount aerial, side mirrors, side indicators, all good..
she also has a very sexy aviation fuel filler, worth around $1000, looks so tough!..
GS Dash $50 - $200 depending upon condition
GS wheel $80 - $150
Seat belt/s $????
Re-painted console $50 to $150???
Is it the side vents in the dash? If so, not much. If they are the vents on the quarter panels, then somewhere around $250+++
Aerial $0
Side mirrors $25 - $75 for a second hand pair, perhaps slightly more
Side indicators (front) $? not much, rear $?? hard to say as they don't come up very often. I am chasing a set of these
Fuel filler $?????

Quote:
since she copped the huge whallop up the butt then pushed under a semi there arent too many salvageable panels, bonnet, bootlid, rear panel, rear quarters, rear chassis, both bumpers, all gone to god..if i can get dangerous with an oxy torch the roof could be saved, the front guards too with not much work and the sill panels and panel under rear window are perfect and rust free..worth the effort?..
Perhaps so for the turret. Front guards are nice to have but are dime a dozen as there are heaps out there. However, that said, if they are rust free and in good nic, you should get a good price for them - maybe $100 - $200 for the pair??? Rear speaker panel, definitely!!! The rocker panels I think that you can get repro ones so am not knowing how much demand there would be for your ones.

Quote:
rear seat belts, glass and rear parcel shelf spoken for..as is the diff, tailshaft, suspension, disc brakes, all for trixie..

i also have some other goodies lying around that have to go but i was keeping to ruby for now..if pics would help i'll post them up for you..i think i have pics of the wreck here somewhere i'll post up if i can find them..woul so appreciate help with this guys!!..cheers, pami
Obviously the big dollar stuff will be door top moulds, aft of door moulds, C pillar corner moulds, gutter moulds, rear quarter vents, screen (front and rear)
moulds. And lastly, something that I am also chasing is the A pillar interior plastic moulds. Last set I missed on Ebay went for $205.

If you are keen on selling the rear quarter side markers as well the A pillar interior moulds, let me know. If not no dramas as you should get good money for them on Ebay.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #294
cob115
COUPE WHORE

ouch !! i just bought a pair of side vents for my coupe for $400,as for the xc steering wheel im after one,bugger dont see many coupes pranged up any more,scary

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 09-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #295
DMN8RX

Quote:
Man, that's really gotta suck, very sorry for your loss and ongoing medical probs.

It's hard to say what a non-original interior would go for???? It maybe a case of simply listing it and see what happens. I think the value will be in the seats themselves as compared to the re-trimming. However, that said, if the right buyer/s come along, you could do well.

GS Dash $50 - $200 depending upon condition
GS wheel $80 - $150
Seat belt/s $????
Re-painted console $50 to $150???
Is it the side vents in the dash? If so, not much. If they are the vents on the quarter panels, then somewhere around $250+++
Aerial $0
Side mirrors $25 - $75 for a second hand pair, perhaps slightly more
Side indicators (front) $? not much, rear $?? hard to say as they don't come up very often. I am chasing a set of these
Fuel filler $?????

Perhaps so for the turret. Front guards are nice to have but are dime a dozen as there are heaps out there. However, that said, if they are rust free and in good nic, you should get a good price for them - maybe $100 - $200 for the pair??? Rear speaker panel, definitely!!! The rocker panels I think that you can get repro ones so am not knowing how much demand there would be for your ones.

Obviously the big dollar stuff will be door top moulds, aft of door moulds, C pillar corner moulds, gutter moulds, rear quarter vents, screen (front and rear)
moulds. And lastly, something that I am also chasing is the A pillar interior plastic moulds. Last set I missed on Ebay went for $205.

If you are keen on selling the rear quarter side markers as well the A pillar interior moulds, let me know. If not no dramas as you should get good money for them on Ebay.
wow!!..thankyou so much guys!!..

yep they are the side vents from the rear quarters and told they're not the repro ones..(??)..

she was de-chromed to the max so doesn't have the chrome bits on the doors or top sill, but does have the bit going up the side of the quarter windows..doesnt have the C corner bits..has the chrome windscreen and rear window surrounds (painted over in black but would be easy to remove coz i had to touch it up constantly)..

what are A pillar interior plastic moulds?..are they the ones on the inside of the windscreen turrets?..she has those..and a panel beater told me the windscreen turrets are good..

i dont have the bits that go either end of the parcel shelf/speaker panel either..

dont know that i'll worry about the dash then though i'll keep it if someone wants it for parts, maybe the top can be removed as its in perfect condition..pulled the stereo apart to get the CD out that had been stuck in there since the prang and found lots inside was broken, so i'm guessing some of the dash gauges are probably stuffed from the shock anyway..

so are the door sill panels worth cutting out, sort of right along the bottom from wheel arch to wheel arch?..will probably keep the chrome screw on tread bits for trixie as hers arent as good but i was thinking this is a common place where they rust so maybe the whole panel would be worth saving..and the roof guys, it has a ripple in it but would be very easily fixed..what isnt cut off or out of her is going to scrap..

OR my daughter had the idea that i should pay to get whats left of her crushed into a cube, whack a square of glass on the top and use her for a coffee table so i can keep her forever..
Old 09-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #296
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I would be cutting up everything and keeping as much of the cars intact structure as you can. Specially things like the plenum, rear parcel shelf tray, A pillar blocks, sills, floorpans. The worx.

You know coupes are getting thin on the ground and harder to get anything for them at a decent price. Personally I would be keeping as much as I could possibly store. Just in case. Specially as you guys have a coupe each dont you??

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #297
DMN8RX

hi donny..long term storage for the larger items is a bit of a problem for me as i rent and they are adament in my lease that there be no unregistered vehicles on the property..ruby had just arrived when they did the last inspection and they wont be happy shes still there when they do another later this month..we split a few months back so there is room for her in the garage with trixie but i dont know if moving her in there to strip her will keep them happy..this is a huge secure house with an excellent storage room for bits once she is disassembled but i cant guarantee i'll always have such a massive house to store all my goodies..so thats why i had decided just to keep a few HTF bits and pieces for myself..having had coupes all my adult life i guess i find it hard to accept they are getting RARE..hopefully once i've broken her down into 'parts' i'll get all sentimental and take a different view of what i should hoard..at the moment i spend too much time looking at her and getting sad, just wanting her gone..damn sooky GIRL!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #298
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
..having had coupes all my adult life i guess i find it hard to accept they are getting RARE..hopefully once i've broken her down into 'parts' i'll get all sentimental and take a different view of what i should hoard..at the moment i spend too much time looking at her and getting sad, just wanting her gone..damn sooky GIRL!!!
i know what your saying ,i find it hard to toss out any thing ,,,even wince when i toss out worn break shoes

Old 15-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #299
landau37
Landau Lover

The coupe i got a pacel shelf from had a ripple in the roof from a front end stack. But it popped out once it was cut free of the quarters...
landau37 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #300
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got home from another 2 weeks of work in country Victoria.
The haul included;
A pair of XB coupe/ute doors in very very good cond
a ZG bonnet with very good front mould & badge
XB battery tray, wiper motor & set of Fairmont arm rests.
2 sets of h/light & wiper switches
2 V8 t/bar shifters & surrounds
pair of sedan anti lift wipers
V8 throttle cable
Option 52 rim and cap
1 worn Dunlop Aquajet
Lucas twin horns
Cigarette lighter
Heater control knobs
Various spare screws & bolts
3 "globe" screw on caps
Windscreen washer jets
The lot for $150, (and that's not a wrong keystroke)

The funny thing is, that i found it all by accident.
Just go's to show it is still out there.