Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 29-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
helms
Starter Motor

Default '92 Ford Laser GL help installing sound system

hey guys, mums given me her ford laser and i want to go about installing speakers and a head unit. however i'm not sure of what dimensions they are. i'd also be keen in putting in rear speakers however the '92 laser hatch back doesnt have rear speakers. also the car doesnt have a divider between the rear seats and the boot any more so i cant mount speakers in that so i was thinking i might have to build a box to hold the speakers and mount them in the actual boot.. (dunno how else to explain that hope some one understands what i mean)

in other words i really just need some help with dimensions for front speakers and head unit also any tips or suggestions couldnt hurt, or else can some one point me in the direction of where to go for help. cheers michael

helms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
jonezy
Starter Motor

Hey mate,
I just finishing installing a new head unit for my 92 laser and am putting rear speakers in. Head unit was no probs wiring diagram can be found here: http://www.installdr.com/
the speakers in the door are 6.5 inch I think, but just use the cut out found on the back of most boxes the speaker comes in when you buy it.
As for the rear speakers, well I've been having troubles there. The little plastic covers on the back come off but dont' provide very good housing for the speakers. I am thinking of buyin a divider from a wrecker or something. Or possibly cutting a whole around the plastic on the flat surface as there is already a roughly 6 inch circle there. (Hope you know what I mean lol)
Dunno if this helps, if you find a better solution for the rear post and let us know
jonezy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
moparman440
Starter Motor

hows it ive got a 1990 hatch back wif no boot tray either so i jst got sum 5mm - 6mm mdf painted up cut the holes 4 the 6+9s nd mounted them to the plastic surrond wif sum small metal shelf holders from mite 10 works great for me, nd as 4 mynew head unit as well fited straight in jst gotta b a bit careful of the wre colour changes
moparman440 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post