Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-10-2020, 09:02 PM   #3361
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Morons ...

I just don't get it! These people knowingly park in a risky spot and would most likely become aggro if I were to accidentally chip a window or scuff a wing mirror.
Are they total morons or do you have to carry insurance for damage to cars adjacent the job ?
Just a thought.
Like the trick braking faster and causing a rear ender
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #3362
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

What the heck is going on; I've encountered a near-endless stream of gobshytes today?

Am I the only person in Sydney who actually wants to DO SOME WORK?

Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #3363
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Morons who see that I am either edging or mowing a lawn then park right where I am working, eat their lunch then drive off once I have finished.

Not only does it slow my progress but it also risks me causing damage to the idiots vehicle.

I just don't get it! These people knowingly park in a risky spot and would most likely become aggro if I were to accidentally chip a window or scuff a wing mirror.

This could also be posted in the 'Why Is It' thread too.
Brainless.
Get the same only by other trades wanting to park close by where I'm cutting granite until I explain, so you don't mind having a smashed windscreen.
Usually get a blank dumb stare and then they move.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2020, 03:43 PM   #3364
.:4:.
Kicking back

Hmmmm, so i wont give the back story, but my left hand hasnt been working properly lately. Woke up early this morning and it was twitching. Tried to sleep that off, but its still twitching. It hasnt stopped twitching. Now it hurts because the spasms havent stopped and all the muscles are tired out but still twitch. Its annoying to say the least.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #3365
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wan king too much?

and will you bother visiting a doctor? nahh, Iam a man.
Old 28-10-2020, 06:09 PM   #3366
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
wan king too much?

and will you bother visiting a doctor? nahh, Iam a man.
Its nerve damage.
Old 29-10-2020, 08:00 PM   #3367
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Reading some of the electric scooter details on the JB Hifi site...

Quote:
"Fold-In-Half With 23cms Height
Unlike many other folding kickscooters available in the market, Air T15 folds in half just like a paper. Once folded, Air T15 is only 8.7 inches in height. The folded body size is flat and compact, which can be easily stored whether it’s on the subway or in your car trunk."
Quote:
High-Speed Transportation
The Ninebot by Segway S-PRO reaches top speeds of 17km per hour and travels distances up to 12.5 miles on a single charge! Create new ways to shop, commute, and get around.
Quote:
MAX Mobility
With a range of up to 64km, the longest range on the market, and a 15% climbing angle, the KickScooter MAX allows you to ride from San Francisco Bay Area to Palo Alto with a single charge.
Would it kill somebody to Australianise the text??

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2020, 09:25 PM   #3368
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I'll update my skedyool.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:11 AM   #3369
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The NorthConnex tunnel has opened in Sydney.

Didn’t take long for people to point out that the vernacular claim of “Melbourne to Newcastle without a single traffic light” wasn’t true if you stayed on the M5. More specifically, you need to leave the tunnel network to surface for a few hundred metres, pass through a set of lights, then re-join the tunnels. I’m sure this will be addressed later but you wonder why they couldn’t sort it first go.

#firstworldproblems
Old 01-11-2020, 05:38 PM   #3370
Kicking back

Kinda lucky it happened today not tomorrow as i would have been well away from home. I wasnt going to, but i dropped some stuff to my brother. Got just about home, and the temp rose quickly. Got the car on the driveway and shut it off. Top radiator hose was shredded. So tomorrow morning my brother will pick me up a new hose and we will put it on, then filler back up. I dont think it had enough time to hurt itself. The temp was only over half/¾ for under 400m. Find out tomorrow i guess.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:15 PM   #3371
Kicking back

Turns out nothing appears to be hurt. I back filled the rad untill the thermostat housing had water coming out. The split pipe had enough to re attach. I bled it on just water. It cooled off. The new hose is coming in the morning. The oil is oil, the water is water. The thing ran. Temp guage under ⅓. So new hose tomorrow. Not horrible.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #3372
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I can relate to the concern. 1200km drive in the AU tomorrow, hoping it hangs in there!
Old 01-11-2020, 09:20 PM   #3373
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Turns out nothing appears to be hurt. I back filled the rad untill the thermostat housing had water coming out. The split pipe had enough to re attach. I bled it on just water. It cooled off. The new hose is coming in the morning. The oil is oil, the water is water. The thing ran. Temp guage under ⅓. So new hose tomorrow. Not horrible.
Check tbe consistency of the oil. If it got hot enough, it may have broken down.
I nearly cooked my engine once, all appeared ok except the oil was almost like water.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2020, 10:53 PM   #3374
Kicking back

Well, today, temps were all good, i did remove the thermostat. But being the low girl she is, im always super cautious leaving my driveway, but the car always scrapes. So nothing new, it scraped. This time it snapped the trailer plug off. Thats annoying.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #3375
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Monday before last, broke the 30 year old clutch cable on my daily.

Took the guts to FDA for a re-make.

Still waiting.

Tuesday before last, I ordered an NOS replacement from the UK.

Guess which one I received first?
Old 11-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #3376
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My father has become convinced this afternoon, that he is supposed to have three legs, and one is missing. So he’s shuffling around, looking for the missing foot and slipper. Not kidding.

3 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 05:33 PM   #3377
Kicking back

Had to go get another scan done on my arm today. So on the way i swung into 7/11 for a drink. Go to pay, and the bloke in front takes his sweet **** time deciding what he wants. Then he goes to pay for fuel, but his mate was still filling the car up. So did he step aside like a normal person, no. Then the bell end goes to pay, first card declined, 2nd declined and his mate runs in to get food, and again, this bloke did not step aside. So that was frustrating. Followed by the results of the scan showed nothing wrong, even though my arm still after 3½ years acts up on occasion. To the point where its been twitching all day and that is out of my control. I had to get the lovely lady at the pathology place to fill out my paperwork for me. So nice of her to do that, but another frustration for me. I hate having to ask people to do basic things like that when i cant. It to me feels very belittling.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #3378
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
My father has become convinced this afternoon, that he is supposed to have three legs, and one is missing. So he’s shuffling around, looking for the missing foot and slipper. Not kidding.

Sorry mate but thats kind of funny, my ol boy used to take up all the family documents up too the local Indian dairy/deli owner for safe keeping when he started loosing it, not pleasant at times but there were some funny moments, he ended up in a new secure dementia unit which he then escaped from after a couple of days. (was silently a bit proud of him for that little escapade)
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 06:02 PM   #3379
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It is “facepalm funny”, just hard work!
2 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2020, 07:47 PM   #3380
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got stuck in traffic this morning due to an accident. I diverted onto another road and got stuck in that gridlock.

When I got to work much later than usual, the network has was ****ed all day.

Then got stuck in traffic again this arvo due to another accident on the same ****en road on the way home!

Went to pick up a slab on the way home and their computers and EFTPOS was ****ed so was there sweating balls waiting for that when I just wanted a coldie.

Great day. The Blues better win tonight
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2020, 09:56 PM   #3381
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks like my PS3 (80gb fat model) is officially dead. Got the dreaded YLOD though it is weird because it is usually caused by heat and I've barely used mine in a year and it dies on cold boot. The fan is working.

I pulled it apart and blew the dust out of it and sure the thermal paste aint great but surely it can't get that hot on startup that it ****s itself?

That didn't work so I formatted the HDD and same problem. It would seem to be a MB failure I'm just trying to work out if it is able to be fixed or if I can offload it for parts since I hate throwing **** out unless there are no options.
Old 14-11-2020, 12:01 AM   #3382
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wrong thread
This user likes this post:
Old 15-11-2020, 10:01 PM   #3383
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Poor old DD Pug has the oil pressure light just flickering at hot idle after a good thrash. I’m tempted to go 15W40 instead of HPR10 and see if that staves off a rebuild for six months. Bakers at Molong used to be the place for out-of-block liner bore/hone, so it won’t be a one weekend refresh.

Oh, and I’ll treat it kinder.
Old 16-11-2020, 10:08 AM   #3384
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^ Wouldn't something a bit thicker when fully warmed be better ?? ie if you're currently using a 10/40, then go up to a 10/50.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #3385
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Fair point. I was probably worried about startup in the face of proven wear, more than the hot idle, but can see where you’re coming from. Spent two hours reading up on relief spring swaps and pump drive sprocket changes to further improve.

Rebuild will exceed the car’s value considerably.
Old 16-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #3386
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Poor old DD Pug has the oil pressure light just flickering at hot idle after a good thrash.
Oh, and I’ll treat it kinder.
Don't thrash it, problem solved.

Old 16-11-2020, 05:40 PM   #3387
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rokwiz would have some old used truck oil. that should stop any leaks
Old 16-11-2020, 06:12 PM   #3388
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
rokwiz would have some old used truck oil. that should stop any leaks
Some nice Detroit 40 weight you reckon.

Old 16-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #3389
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess its viscosity it determined by the amount of dust collected in the “catch can”
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #3390
Kicking back

I was stressed out on friday. Had to for irrelevant reasons prove medical records and prove disability and all stuff that is irrelevant to settling an estate im in the will for. But i done that. So i called my mum hoping she'd have something nice to say. She did, but then sho goes the disability thing was probably to do with when i had a stroke. Eh, i dont remember having a stroke. She tells me it was a few weeks before i was born, so a complication. So i asked why she never told me? She never told me because i never asked. But who asks their mum that?