Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-10-2020, 08:26 PM   #3331
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
We aren't as concerned as some with where we park but we always at least try to park with the least risk but when there are oxygen thieves like this around, what chance is there.

For the record it was a middle aged white male
It's always amuses me lengths some people go to in order make parking harder than it should be. And let me guess, the car park was mostly empty, but he still found the need to park as close to your Mustang as he could.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2020, 01:16 AM   #3332
Lunch
Wait, what?

There were 3 or 4 empty spaces to the left of the photo, yes
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #3333
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
There were 3 or 4 empty spaces to the left of the photo, yes
I'd like to know how you got out of your car given it's a two door and you're quite close to the trolly rack.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:43 AM   #3334
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I'd like to know how you got out of your car given it's a two door and you're quite close to the trolly rack.
Even if there is only 1 space left in a car park, if its next to the trolleys, i wont park there.
But what gets up my goat even more. My mum does this and so does her boyfriend. Mum has a disabled window thing. Its for my grandparents. My grandparents are really old, grandma has a fake hip, grandpa has a fake knee. So fair enough disabled parking when theyre in the car. But parking in disabled spots when you arent disabled but have the window thing from others. Thats not fine by me. My mums boyfriend does the same thing. Hes able bodied. His wife is disabled, and to the point where she is in a ward, rarely even concious, so going in the car isnt even possible. So she qualifys for a disabled parking thing. But if you arent disabled, park in normal places like normal people. Its not like people with physical disabilities get preferential parking because theyre rockstars. Its because they use 4 times the effort and take twice the time to go half as far.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2020, 07:54 PM   #3335
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
My wife was driving, she's a bit smaller than I am
Old 12-10-2020, 07:56 PM   #3336
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Even if there is only 1 space left in a car park, if its next to the trolleys, i wont park there.
Usually have the same idea, not a fan of next to the trolley bay but thought we'd give it a crack....
1st and last you can be sure about that
Old 15-10-2020, 09:34 PM   #3337
Kicking back

Had a doozie today. I know the battery isnt the happiest, same with the starter motor. The starter is tempremental when the motor is warm, fine when the car is cold. But so far its always turned after an attempt or 2. I had a pretty stressful meeting to attend today. The car was fine for the drive there, and fine for the drive back. I swung through the bottlo down the street from my house, and sure enough, today was hot, but sure enough no starter. So i asked one of the blokes in the bottlo for a jump incase it was a bum battery, and if anyone knows electrical, it runs on smoke, so when it releases its smoke that typically means its stuffed. Thats exactly what my starter motor did. So in the heat i walked home. Issue being i have an important appointment tomorrow, so i asked my mum if she could pick me up and give me a lift. She cant. So after dark i walked back to my car for things i needed from it, and to see what it did, and the stupid thing started like nothing happened. So yeah it needs another starter and battery which is an annoyance, this is starter #3 its killed, but its like the car was tormenting me.
Old 15-10-2020, 09:51 PM   #3338
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

I will seek out the car parks away from everyone if possible and keep my car 'door dent free'.
There always seems to be someone that parks their car in the space next to my car despite there being chunks of clear areas elsewhere.

Agree the trolly subject, I do the same but with some thought, isn't that where the trolly is most under control ?
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2020, 11:16 PM   #3339
Trendseeker

The risk of parking near the trolley bay is the trolley man carelessly sorting out the trolleys from the different supermarkets and accidentally clipping your car with one. You know he’ll never leave a note.
Old 16-10-2020, 12:54 AM   #3340
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Had a doozie today. I know the battery isnt the happiest, same with the starter motor. The starter is tempremental when the motor is warm, fine when the car is cold. But so far its always turned after an attempt or 2. I had a pretty stressful meeting to attend today. The car was fine for the drive there, and fine for the drive back. I swung through the bottlo down the street from my house, and sure enough, today was hot, but sure enough no starter. So i asked one of the blokes in the bottlo for a jump incase it was a bum battery, and if anyone knows electrical, it runs on smoke, so when it releases its smoke that typically means its stuffed. Thats exactly what my starter motor did. So in the heat i walked home. Issue being i have an important appointment tomorrow, so i asked my mum if she could pick me up and give me a lift. She cant. So after dark i walked back to my car for things i needed from it, and to see what it did, and the stupid thing started like nothing happened. So yeah it needs another starter and battery which is an annoyance, this is starter #3 its killed, but its like the car was tormenting me.
Chances are you have a sticking solenoid.
Open it up and fill with WD40
Old 16-10-2020, 02:28 AM   #3341
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Chances are you have a sticking solenoid.
Open it up and fill with WD40
I love the smell of burning car in the morning.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2020, 03:11 AM   #3342
Kicking back

Ive done the on the side of the road starter motor replacement on that car before. Its not fun getting to the top bolt. So even if i have to get a tilt tray, and hopefully it holds out for a few days because i have places to be, when i have the time, someone else can get paid to sort it out. My preference is no tow truck, but if need be, so be it. Once i get rid of what i need to get out of the way, ill book it in with my guys. The car only got regoed 2 weeks ago. And it presented with no issues. But its just my luck at the moment. If its not one thing, its another. Thats not talking about the car, that was just another annoyance. Otherwise the car is fine. Runs good, typically starts like a champ. Still not dissapointed with the new exhaust. So no repairs by me, my dodgey arm sort of limits my ability at the moment. So my mechanics can do a starter for me.
I was happy that leaving the car for a few hours then walking back to it, it started and i could park it back on my driveway. It has my tools in the boot, and there is a fair replacement value if they go missing. So im happy mr temprimental is back home keeping his best mate, my driveway, company. They dont share anything, by that i mean my car has never leaked a drip.
Old 16-10-2020, 09:47 AM   #3343
roKWiz
Cabover nut

After everything we have been told about social distancing during 2020.
and not more than 50km away from Shepparton on Wednesday I see the local dumba** politician, member for Indi, HELEN HAINES Shaking hands and hugging some old folks in the street.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #3344
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Don’t you know? Once you get tested, you’re immune.

Or so it seems from the way people think/act!
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #3345
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

warm weather all week so i planned on getting to the beach for an early morning coffee and a walk. wake up to wind and cooler weather... good weather for watching Bathurst on the lounge
Old 16-10-2020, 12:24 PM   #3346
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Don’t you know? Once you get tested, you’re immune.

Or so it seems from the way people think/act!
Seems like the curse of the 2CV is upon us, and it has TDS aswell.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2020, 01:04 PM   #3347
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
warm weather all week so i planned on getting to the beach for an early morning coffee and a walk. wake up to wind and cooler weather... good weather for watching Bathurst on the lounge
That's Newcastle warm one minute, gale force "Pasher Bulker" storm the next.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #3348
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

I hate the **** out of news sites, in particular News.com.au that fill the stories out with ****ing twitter wannabe reporters.
Scroll through a topic and need we need to get past opinion before we get the overall.
Do news sites rely on wannabe reporters today in preference to real journalists ?
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #3349
Kicking back

Hmmmmm. My mums done it again. This time it was a flat out no. She calls me and tells me a couple at her church have had their son start some renos. And once deconstruction was done, reconstruction turns out to be a lot harder. So the only 1 correct fact she spruked was i have worked on construction sites for years. But im not a builder, im a sparky. So i might have picked up a few things over the years, more then the out of work lawyer who started the work would have, but still. I have no idea. Paying a builder, it would be a peice of cake for them to knock up a few walls. Plus i also have a failing left arm, so i dont want to make it worse and make the time it takes for it to get back to normal any longer. My mums as bad as my kid, she also thinks that just because i have tools, i can do anything. But no. If everybody could do everything, there would be no need for builders, plumbers, carpenters, mechanics, electricians etc. Small jobs that just take man sense, fair enough.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2020, 10:42 PM   #3350
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I checked the mail the other day. Picked up a thick as **** envelope and turned it over and saw Supreme Court in the window and I knew instantly it was a jury duty summons.

I didn't even know the ACT had a sheriff's office until I read it

So basically from that date for an indefinite time I can't plan anything, don't know if I'm going to work or in court, and if empanelled that is a heavy weight.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2020, 11:25 PM   #3351
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I checked the mail the other day. Picked up a thick as **** envelope and turned it over and saw Supreme Court in the window and I knew instantly it was a jury duty summons.

I didn't even know the ACT had a sheriff's office until I read it

So basically from that date for an indefinite time I can't plan anything, don't know if I'm going to work or in court, and if empanelled that is a heavy weight.
I have a court date next month if that makes you feel any better. Im the one making the claim so its effectively on me. Its in the high court, but i dont want to go, but kind of have to. Jury duty you still get paid for sort of. Get a letter from your employer to hopefully get you out of it. Or just in the screening interview say your heaps biased towards any form of social issue.
Old 23-10-2020, 11:30 PM   #3352
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have a court date next month if that makes you feel any better. Im the one making the claim so its effectively on me. Its in the high court, but i dont want to go, but kind of have to. Jury duty you still get paid for sort of. Get a letter from your employer to hopefully get you out of it. Or just in the screening interview say your heaps biased towards any form of social issue.
That is an absolute cop out :4:
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2020, 11:47 PM   #3353
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can't get out of it, even my work said I have no chance of exemption.

Work will pay me as if I were still actually working based on the EA. Just as well, because they pay **** all attendance fees. At the moment I'm only in the jury pool.

But that's not what really bothers me, its the part where you could potentially save from or send someone to jail.

We all read the news and snipe from the sidelines, but it's another thing entirely to be on the jury.
Old 23-10-2020, 11:53 PM   #3354
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I can't get out of it, even my work said I have no chance of exemption.

Work will pay me as if I were still actually working based on the EA. Just as well, because they pay **** all attendance fees. At the moment I'm only in the jury pool.

But that's not what really bothers me, its the part where you could potentially save or send someone to jail.

We all read the news and snipe from the sidelines, but it's another thing entirely to be on the jury.
Im not on jury duty, im going to court. But hopefully for your jury duty its some silly little case like a speeding fine or something thats 1 and done.
Old 24-10-2020, 12:30 AM   #3355
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Final results of ACT election are in. I was hoping to wipe out Greens from gov but they went from 2 to 6 seats. ALP 10 and Libs 9.

Compared to ALP 12, Lib 11, Greens 2 in 2016. Both majors lost two seats to the Greens WTF. Woke as **** around here
Old 24-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #3356
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im not on jury duty, im going to court. But hopefully for your jury duty its some silly little case like a speeding fine or something thats 1 and done.
Could be small or could go for days if serious like murder etc,By the way speeding and parking offences DON’T get heard by a jury.
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2020, 12:28 PM   #3357
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd recommend to not avoid jury duty.
You might be surprised how much there is to learn in that environment.
Not only the insight to the system working (or not), but cases can go in strange directions and include people from all walks.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #3358
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

If you’re single, I can say from experience it’s an interesting time at selection if you don’t get empanelled. Lots of people around who’ve told everyone they’re away at least for the day…
Old 26-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #3359
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

30 year old, 330K clutch cable breaking in a carpark, in the rain. Who’da thunk it?
2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2020, 06:42 PM   #3360
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Morons who see that I am either edging or mowing a lawn then park right where I am working, eat their lunch then drive off once I have finished.

Not only does it slow my progress but it also risks me causing damage to the idiots vehicle.

I just don't get it! These people knowingly park in a risky spot and would most likely become aggro if I were to accidentally chip a window or scuff a wing mirror.

This could also be posted in the 'Why Is It' thread too.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: