Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-04-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
Kryton

Talking ITS ALIVE!! Xf survives heart surgery

well for those that care, the XF is once again alive. put the head back on today along with all new gaskets. wasnt real sure if i had ****ed it all when i put the tappets back on. book said that if you dont do the TDC thingy right then its broken pushrods and its game over. well i did what i thought was right and then put everything else back on. god there some bolts that are just ****s to get back on.
about 5:30pm i filled the radiator back up and bled the cooling system.
turned the key waiting for some lovely metal breaking snap sounds and it just turned over nicely instead!
marvelous, just what the doctor ordered! few pumps of the pedal and it fired to life, purring along at idle just nicely.
let it warm up and went to move it around the otherside of the shed when i found that i had a rock hard brake pedal and NO brakes....ooppps forgot the vacuum hose from the brake booster. fixed that and all is good.
will drive it tomorrow and see if all is well. hopefully the water will stay in the radiator now.
oh...no more knocking sounds either!!
anyway enough crapping on but as you can tell im thrilled to know that i have done this all myself with a bit of help from some answered questions here.
thanks guys!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats matey ...... Job well done ........ lets hope the test drive goes as smoothly ;)
MotherNature is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post