Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #31
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
sorry for the thread mine, but I was wondering if you can get the V8 supercar frequencies using a basic 40ch UHF handheld radio?

Also, does anybody know where I can find what the team frequencies are this year?
V8 Supercars site posts them for each weekend, dont know if it changes different weekends, but heres the clipsal one http://www.v8supercars.com.au//v8data/2005/evnt_184/radiofreq.asp?ssn=2005&eid=184&ss=Y|Y&ind=M
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #32
Kryton

some scanners have a thing called trunk tracking whcih enables you to listen to those channels. also some have decoders for CTCSS/DTMF.
mine has both but havent found any need for either where i live.
this is a link to what i have (or you could go look at Unidens site)
http://www.www.premiere-electronics....re/bc246t.html
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #33
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

thanks boys.

Im not sure if my UHF can channel the those frequencies on that V8supercars website. So I guess I'll try, if I dont have any luck I'll give up!

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2005, 05:07 AM   #34
Steve_T

Just if anyone's interested (for those looking to buy), I think AOR scanners are worth a look. I have an AOR AR-8000 which I got years ago for about $1000 (was the benchmark above all other portable scanners at the time) - the latest one is an AR-8200 series 3 I think and still goes for about the same price from memory with some nice new features. Even my 8000 is brilliant though - scans pretty much anything + 1000 memories + plenty of features + computer interface etc.

Also Dick Smith's sell a guide available for various states called the 'Home and Holiday frequency guide' or similar IIRC - it's a very good frequency reference.

www.aor.co.jp

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2005, 04:14 PM   #35
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

iv got a UNIDEN bearcat twin turbo... picks up fire, police, ambos and basicly everything else (including touring cars). retails for about $300....

EDIT: it was recommended to me by other CFA members (needed to replace my last one when it was stolen) as they all think it is one of the best scanners out on the market, it is much better than my last one which was CFA standard issue, before the stoped issuing them a few years ago...

Last edited by kiwikid; 21-03-2005 at 04:19 PM.
kiwikid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 04:20 AM   #36
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Unfortunately NSW, well most of the Metro and majority of the eastern stretch has converted to digital transmission. Digital will eventually find its way to all states.
Encryption is another thing. There are a number of issues. Even though it is relatively easy to do, there is a cost involved. Power use is greater on radios using encryption, thus draining the battery quicker. In some areas the transmissions are not the best, so when encrypting a crappy signal, you end up encrypting all the "crapiness" as well.

On a trunking network, it is difficult to follow a user with a conventional scanner. All the "local" repeaters frequncies need to be programmed in, and then you have to manually scan through those frequncies, trying to follow. In theory it can be done, but its a pain.
There are a lot of users in NSW who use the GRN (Government Radio Network), this trunking network maybe going digital, discussions are stil up in the air.

Regards

Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #37
nick_w

Default Locked every singal channel on my Uniden UBC120XLT

i locked out every singal channel on my Uniden UBC120XLT and i dont know how to undo it so i can start scanning again does anyone know what to press so i can start scanning again or is there a reset button on this scanner
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post