Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
pugdriver
Starter Motor

Default focus diesel dash lights adjustment

Hi

I'm currently on holidays in New Zealand. The rental car is a 2007 petrol manual Focus hatch, base model. Lovely car.
The NZ cars are German assembled, so aren't precisely the same as Aussie models, which come from South Africa.

The car I'm driving has no adjustment for the brightness of the dashboard lights, the speedo / tacho is way too bright for me and I find it dazzling. I have searched online and there are several complaints from UK websites that they indeed have no brightness adjustment for the dash lights.
Of course there is no owners manual in the car.

The dash on this car has the earlier dials (equiv to LS LT in Aussie) without the silver grey shroud around the dials. but has the red trip computer (like LV and LV2).
In the menu I can go to settings and the only setting available is steering - sport / normal / comfort.
I can't find any other settings and when I get into the steering settings I can change settings but can't seem to get out - every thing I try results in toggling between sport/normal/comfort but nothing confirms that setting and goes back to menu or progresses through the menu.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a dash brightness setting here somewhere?

Do the Australian (SouthAfrican) DIESEL LV Mk2 cars have a dash lights brightness adjustment? I'm looking at buying one when we get back to Australia. But it would want to have the adjustment... this display is bloody awful, way too bright.

I can't believe Ford would be so miserable as to delete this adjustment. Our Mk1 Cortina when I was a kid had it.

Still, our 99 Barina - the interior light only works on the front doors, not the back doors, there is no switch on the back doors - the GM and Ford ba$tards cut corners, no wonder people buy Jap or Korean...

pugdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
irs

Default Re: focus diesel dash lights adjustment

The dash lights on my TDi LV Mk2 do not dim, or if they do, I don't know how to dim them.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Turbodiesel
Torquer

No you can't dim them. Mine is green backlit and it's just at the right brightness.

But everyone is different.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any way of (safely) putting a tint on the plastic over the dials?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post