Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default New Eibach suspension

Shocks are getting soft, and tyres will need replacing soon.

So have just ordered Eibach Pro-kit shocks and Eibach Anti-roll bars to go with the Eibach Pro-kit springs already installed.

Getting them fitted by the guys at the local JAXquickfit.

Why?

Because Cameron McConville has just bought the franchise at Moorabbin, and is hands on in store. Nice to deal with someone who will take you seriously.

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Are you sure you can trust someone who dominatlly drives Holdens???
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Any particular reason you settled on that tyre?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

The whole Eibach setup will be excellent. Your car will handle like a dream, especially when combined with those sticky Direzza's. Thinking of doing track work?

What size are you getting the Direzza's in? And are you sourcing them locally or are they coming from OS (ie. tirerack.com)?
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Hey steve,

where did you order the Eibach shocks from? i ordered from Euro parts, they didnt have any so they sent me some Bilstien ones in stead.

I got the sways as well. Really awesum.

IM in the market for some new tyres as well. was going to get Conti sport contact 2's for 275 from my local dealer - wondering why you settled for those?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Ordered the shocks and ARBs from Central Florida Motorsports.

They've discounted the shocks down to $293, and the ARBs are about $230. Given the favorable exchange rate, it was a good time to buy.

Why the Direzza Z1 Star Specs?

Basically a track type tyre but with excellent street tyre manners, good tread wear and good wet weather performance

They are also designed by Sumitomo, who are a great tyre brand

And I reckon they look hot!!

They won''t last as long as the Goodyear Eagles I've always had, but are apparently a major improvement in terms of street wear and wet performance compared to most street legal track tyres.

They have had lots of good reviews from enthusiasts in the US as street tyres (or tires lol) so I'm prepared to give them a go.

Cameron is going to try and get them in, but if not I know Stuckey Tyre Service have them in stock in the correct size. (DZ from memory 215/45/ZR17...without running out to the car to check). $315 per tyre

In terms of track days....I'd like to do a couple next year, but we'll see how we go
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
And I reckon they look hot!!
100% agree. They'll look even better on than the Eagle F1's, which already look pretty good!
Old 31-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Eibach suspension

So, I'm looking at getting a mild suspension upgrade - street rather than track.

I'm thinking Eibach lowering springs, plus camber kits (I presume I need front and rear, though I'm only finding rear kits advertised online), plus a Whiteline rear (only) sway bar.

Anything I've missed or should reconsider? Are those items all compatible?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #10
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Eibach springs are a great handling upgrade. They really transform the car. Not to mention that they also help out in the looks department too! The only downside is that my stock front shocks were stuffed after a couple of years on the Eibach springs (hence the Koni upgrade). Try FordPartsUK or European-Parts. I've personally found FordPartsUK to have excellent service and support (got my wheels from there).

You will only need a rear camber kit. Front camber is not a problem.

The rear swaybar (whiteline) is the best bang for your buck suspension mod you can do on the Focus, hands-down. It really cuts down body roll and allows for sharper turn-in.

Overall, sounds like you have a good street setup in mind.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #11
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks, DZ - appreciated.

I've had no issues with FordPartsUK either, and they have good prices.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #12
casabonka
You can call me Chris

i can vouch for the whiteline bar, noticed the difference with stock suspension. whats the $$ on the eibach springs?
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The cheapest Eibach pro-kit springs I've found is about 128 quid from FordPartsUK, but the postage is the killer. I'll get some other stuff at the same time to alleviate the cost.

The cheapest I've found the whiteline 22mm non-adjustable is $180 postage free, and a rear camber kit for around $60 delivered.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #14
bseos

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
The cheapest I've found the whiteline 22mm non-adjustable is $180 postage free, and a rear camber kit for around $60 delivered.
where????
-K&N Pod Filter
-XR5 Rims (Late Model)
bseos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #15
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whiteline Sway Bar: I'm hoping this will fit an LV as well...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Focu...ht_5093wt_1139

Eibach camber kit: I'm assuming these will work ok, as opposed to the bush-type versions.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Focu...ht_2547wt_1139

Eibach Pro-kit springs: To complete the proposed "handling kit" - there's 50 quid freight from this, so maybe get some other stuff if you go for it.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/c/ei...uspension_574/

And if anyone can find better options/prices, post up the links!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #16
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Re: New Eibach suspension

Hmm, finally got word back from suppliers about these. The Whiteline seller seems to think the rear sway bar won't fit an LV, but that may be because the Whiteline site only lists LT/LS.

The FordpartsUk guy wanted a VIN no. then told me it "appears to be an S.A. build". Um, I knew that, you guys wanted the VIN no... I originally asked them to check that the set they sent fit a "2008 facelift equivalent model" but that was too hard apparently.

TO cut a long story short, has anyone fitted the LS/LT sway bar, and the above Eibach pro-kit springs to an LV? A CL model, if it makes any difference. If they don't fit, there will be some available cheaper than normal in the net week or so. It simply didn't occur to me that they wouldn't fit, given these same products fit Mazda 3's.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #17
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The springs should fit. Eibach has the same part number for a 2.0L Focus MkII, for any model, 2004 onwards. As long as they sent you E10-35-016-02-22 springs, you should be fine.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #18
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks. Just got to hope the sway bar fits as well...

Old 11-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #19
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm almost certain it will...as far as I know, the LV Focus was literally just a face-lift - no changes to suspension setup.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Thanks. Just got to hope the sway bar fits as well...
I have this in my XR5. Fits like a glove

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #21
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: New Eibach suspension

Thanks, boys.

Old 22-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #22
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can anyone tell me the price to get the springs, sway bar and camber bolts installed? Haven't got the tools or the confidence to do this. Well, maybe the sway bar, but I might as well get them all done at once.

I got a quote for $1665 from Pedders which nearly made me fall down until I realised they meant supply and installing (though their own springs rather than Eibachs). Even if they're talking 700-800 for the equipment after mark-up, I certainly can't justify $800 for installation, though I could imagine 3-4 hours at maybe $100 an hour being reasonable.

I'm in WA, by the way.

Old 23-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #23
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Don't get the installation done through Pedders.

I've been to 3 different stores in the eastern burbs of Melbourne and have trouble everytime.

First time, i only wanted the ride height adjusted on my coil-overs. They burred the screws.

Second time, i wanted the installation of my sway bars. They left something under the car when they dropped it back onto the ground and dented the muffler badly. Sadly I didn't knotice it until it was far too late to be able to complain about it. Now the muffler has a hole in it thanks to that damage.

Third time, I had the installation of a camber kit and an alignment. This was in preparation of the addition of some really good rubber and didn't want to wear through it faster than nessicary. They did the alignment on 3 of my wheels and left 1 over 1.3 degs out. Now I got to replace 1 of my $400 yokos.

I'll never go back to Pedders again and don't recommend anyone else to either.

Old 23-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #24
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Also price-wise, I don't remember th exact prices, however I'm pretty sure each of the swaybars was under $400 installed and the camber kit was under $200 installed.

Old 23-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #25
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks 'Raptor. Latest quote is $975 for parts (not sure why "install only" is hard to understand) plus $635 install incl wheel alignment from WA Suspensions. They're talking 3-4 hours' labour, which was my guess. This works out to around $140-180 per hour. Pedders came back with $740 for the install.

I've picked up the parts for $540 incl freight from UK & Germany, so a $400-ish saving there. Still seems a high price for the install, though, but maybe this is the going rate?

Old 23-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #26
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My installation of springs, shocks and camber kit was about $500 from Pedders. I did the installation of the rear sway bar myself and saved some coin. This price included wheel alignment.

The $635 installation fee isn't unreasonable - since you are supplying the parts, they have to make money off you somehow!
Old 23-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #27
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, thanks DZ. I'll go with them. They are only about 50m from my workplace, so that's even better.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #28
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A warning to future LV whiteline sway bar installers. The LS/LT sway bar will fit, but the links won't...