Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
dalez84
Starter Motor

Default Bluetooth???

Hi,
I just bought a 2010 focus xr5 turbo. Love it!!!!
I thought you could play music from phone via bluetooth but I can't seem to figure it out....
There is no USB slot in it either which was a bit disappointing but everything else is awesome!!! Goes like a rocket, so smooth, easy to drive, looks great. Money well spent!!!

dalez84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
dalez84
Starter Motor

Default Re: Bluetooth???

Anyone????????????
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Did you check in your centre console under the armrest lid, I have a 2011 Focus Zetec and mine has a USB port in there. I haven't tried to play music from a phone via bluetooth so I don't whether that's possible or not, but with an MP3 capable CD player and USB as options for playing music, I don't find it an issue myself
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Zetec got a USB port, but not the XR5 IIRC. As for streaming, sorry matey, I can do it on my Fiesta Zetec but never tried on a Focus sorry.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
dalez84
Starter Motor

No usb port. i knew that much.

Anyone know anything about playing music fron a phone? and which phones are supported. i hav a galaxy s2....
The phone calls work but i dont thibk i can play music..
Old 09-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

This may or may not answer your question as to why it doesn't work, but it would appear that there's an optional bluetooth module available from Ford to enable streaming capabilities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhFz4robxJU
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
angelo.vs
Starter Motor

My 2011 Focus Zetec streams music etc via Bluetooth from my iPhone. You need to pair your phone first then play the music. On my phone there is an icon on the far right hand side when I'm playing music or Youtube and you need to make sure you select Ford Audio. Also on the Sony head unit, providing it's the same as mine, just keep clicking CD/Aux until it goes to Bluetooth Audio.
angelo.vs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Dustproof

I think the 2010 Focus XR5 only had Bluetooth as an option, I had a look at one before I bought my LV TDCi. I was disappointed to find out that even this level of equipment was left out of the XR5, then they wanted $350.00 to purchase and fit it. The 2011 has Bluetooth, Voice Control and the USB port as far as I am aware, my TDCi definitely has all these functions inside the console.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #9
dalez84
Starter Motor

Mine has bluetooth, voice but no USB.
Don't think I can stream music from the phone but. At least not with s galaxy s or s2 or a Nokia N8.....