Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-05-2020, 08:04 PM   #1
Mondeomars
Starter Motor

Default MD Mondeo Maintenance Schedule

Hello All,

I've just purchased a 2016 MD Mondeo Wagon (55000km) to replace my 2009 MB Mondeo Wagon. The MD Spec is the 2L Turbo 149kw Petrol engine.

The seller misplaced the logbooks, so I don't have them (however have confirmed with Ford Dealer that all services have been undertaken).

So typically the maintenance schedule would be detailed/located in the logbook, however given that I don't have one I am now trying to locate service schedule online. Spent approximately 2 hours trying to locate, so that I can self perform A/B servicing to Ford's requirements, but unable to locate any information whatsoever. Ford Etis does not provide that information either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the Maintenance Schedule for my spec engine. Would be greatly appreciated.
Mondeomars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: MD Mondeo Maintenance Schedule

The maintenance schedule actually isn't in the Owners Manual - it was an additional supplement. You can download an electronic copy of the owner manual from HERE.

You'll have to convert from miles to kilometres but you can get the maintenance schedule from HERE - select Mondeo 2014.75 as it covers the years up to 2019.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-05-2020, 07:07 AM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The maintenance schedule actually isn't in the Owners Manual - it was an additional supplement. You can download an electronic copy of the owner manual from HERE.

You'll have to convert from miles to kilometres but you can get the maintenance schedule from HERE - select Mondeo 2014.75 as it covers the years up to 2019.
Hi Russell (and Mondeomars),

I've never quite understood why it is but Ford Oz changed the distance interval between services to 15,000 km (or 12 months) for the Mondeo range beginning with the MA model,

The ETIS site shows milage intervals that convert to 20,000 km intervals and this isn't true according to the service intervals shown in the owners documentation provided for the Mondeo when sold in Australia.

I suppose it may have something to do with someone believing that Oz conditions are harsher than exist in Europe and the UK but I suspect that it might have more to do with generating income for Dealers in this country.

On the MA model we previously owned the service dash indicator tripped when passing through the 20,000 km readings, but I have not noticed this happening on the MD we now own. Perhaps the factory makes a software adjustment based on the destination for the vehicle.

However, both our cars had diesel engines, and I remember that the Owners Manual covered all engine models (MA), and I've just checked our MD owners manual and that makes no distinction based on engine type.

If the OP wants me to, I'll be happy to scan the relevant service guide pages and email them to him if he sends me an address vis the PM system.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 13-05-2020 at 07:16 AM. Reason: More information
AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2020, 09:39 PM   #4
Mondeomars
Starter Motor

Hi Russell & Alan,

Appreciate your responses. I have downloaded from Etis per provided link, appreciate your assistance.

Alan - thanks for your offer. I'll run with Etis detail and try and track down a replacement logbook. Not sure if I can get the former Ford servicing dealer to provide a new logbook (at my cost) and then stamp it with servicing conducted by them, might be worth a try.

Cheers
Mondeomars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post