Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default FG Fairlane?

Hi Guys. I've never done a project car before and thought it's be a good thing to do once, so I'll outline what it is below.

An opportunity has arisen with a car I basically inherited - I originally swapped my first G6E-T with my dad, as mum had a hip replacement and found the front door on the FG easier to get in and out of, and Dad has fallen in love with the G6 and at 76 years old, he still drives like a hoon (it makes me really proud to watch him keep his driving ability after all these years).

So, the temporary swap whilst mum got better has become permanent and he's given me his BF fairlane in lightning strike with the I6 and a ZF box. Initially I was going to trade this in when I got my G6E-T, but I couldn't bring myself to sell it for what they offered as a trade in (9000.00).
The car has around 135K on the clock and spends most of its time locked up in a garage not being used.
So, inspired by some of the workshop builds on AFF, I thought about doing something that hasn't been done, and that would be to put an FG front on it, as well as modify the rear to the FG spec as well. I have a mate who has over 30 years in metal, and he assures me he can mod the FG doorskins over the BF door frames, as well as re-crease the rear quarters to match etc. Bear in mind I don't want this thing to look like a cheap body kit, or some half assed budget attempt at an upgrade, I want it to look like something Ford would have made should the market wanted the FG in a long wheel base. I plan on it being painted in Velvet, with stock G6E-T 19" wheels.

Power would probably be another I6 (although a V8 is tempting), as I can get a 2000klm old FG turbo motor from another mate who has put a 700kw monster in his XR6 for around 5 grand with wiring harness and all the other necessary stuff to make it work.

The interior (which is black now) will be completely redone in a higher grade cashmere leather, although it will be full leather like in the AU2 LTD I had. So a leather console and the like will be done. I'd also like to put an FG ICC in it, and the associated dash.

Some parts have already made their way to my place such as two LED tail lights from a Cadillac I saw at a parts yard in LA (160USD the pair) - they'll be modified to fit the FG lights, the mates turbo FG motor is in my garage for storage, a G6E-T series 1 front bumper in silk (slightly scratched underneath), some FG wiring looms and other bits and pieces.

Now, I appreciate that there will be many problems and pitfalls to overcome, so I guess in a way before I start stripping the fairlane apart I'd like to ask, what kind of problems would I likely encounter such as; will the ZF box be a problem to upgrade to the higher output motor or should the more heavy duty ZF be sought?

The reason I ask is that I want to get an idea of cost for this transformation, and although I have some estimates there's an awful lot of things I probably haven't even thought of that your experience may shed some light into. Think can of worms, and for those who have upgraded engines any insight would be most valuable.

If I go ahead with it I will definitely put a build thread together, like some of the great ones I've seen here on AFF. I'm pretty determined to do it, just as a show car, any advice?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: FG Fairlane?

Common...... You've been here for years, you know there are no pitfalls/difficulties in modifying cars......

There was a bloke on here, 'Mazillion Mafia' or somfinx who tossed an FG motor and inertia into a BF. It fitted pretty well even the dash which was a little narrow.
Start a thread an give it a go.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
ltd
Force Fed Fords

^^^^^^
Thanks. It's almost a Jeremy Clarkson thing - "How hard could it be?"

I'm under no false impression, this thing will be a money pit and there will never, ever be a chance to recoup the money I put into it, but nevertheless I'd still like to do something different, but respectable.
That and if it's like this year then the next time I go to Summernats I want air conditioning.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 23-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would love to see something like this, and I'm sure Ford would too!
Old 23-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Massive massive job. Could be a great outcome.

But considering your going to replace engine, driveline, interior and exterior, would you not be better off getting and ex taxi or something cheap, rather than chopping up a sweet low km family car?
Old 23-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
Massive massive job. Could be a great outcome.

But considering your going to replace engine, driveline, interior and exterior, would you not be better off getting and ex taxi or something cheap, rather than chopping up a sweet low km family car?
I thought of that, but for me there is intrinsic value with this car; it's been part of my life since 2006 and I do love it.
The transformation of this car will be a labour of love, and if it was just some ex-taxi I may have a cavalier attitude of "that'll be good enough". This Fairlane I want to do properly, and not skimp on any detail.
Essentially, it's going to be a grand older lady with a facelift and some plastic surgery.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 23-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
I thought of that, but for me there is intrinsic value with this car; it's been part of my life since 2006 and I do love it.
The transformation of this car will be a labour of love, and if it was just some ex-taxi I may have a cavalier attitude of "that'll be good enough". This Fairlane I want to do properly, and not skimp on any detail.
Essentially, it's going to be a grand older lady with a facelift and some plastic surgery.
Sounds like a brilliant idea and something to keep you thinking in the middle of a 14 hour sector at 3am. It might take you years but then all good things do.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I'll try and take a photo of it and upload it.
The more I think about it and the reason why, I guess it's because I've always had Fairlanes and LTD's, and the thought of not owning one of these iconic vehicles is a little unfamiliar and unpleasant.
I want to own this car forever and as such, it's going to need to be special. I thought of restoring it to its original glory but recently saw a restored VT commodore in Orange and thought it looked beyond stupid.

I'd love to show it to Ford Australia when it's done as I have massive respect for what they do, and how they still produce cars in Australia. Sort of a celebration, one of a kind fairlane with all the fruit such as heated seats, plush pile carpet, sumptuous leather with rouching and electronics to match. I can get things such as blind spot alert, proper xenon lighting with projectors, custom Ltd grill and loads of tasteful chrome. All the things we talk about here on the forums as to what would have been nice I'll have a crack at.

As such, I'm going to go the T6 route as there is nothing more Australian in automotive terms than the great and trustworthy Aussie 6.

Now where to get either a big "Love it or leave it" or "Southern Cross" sticker from.................

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 23-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
Sprint XR8

It would be a lot easier to stretch a FG sedan.
Sprint XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
ltd
Force Fed Fords

It would, but then it wouldn't be a Fairlane would it. That, and then I'd still have to restore my BF fairlane. Plus, upgrading the engine to a higher output on the fairlane chassis will be much easier to do than cut and stretch a higher output chassis from an engineering certification standpoint.
The BF came with a 230kw V8 on the existing chassis, getting it certified for an extra 40kw will be easy.
Also, I want to leave the roof profile as is, as well as the long boot. I will be having a custom g6 bumper made for the rear, but the rest of the sheet metal should remain the same save for the cut-outs for the FG tail lights. The rear boot will have an impression stamped into it for the number plate and the chrome garnish that houses the reversing camera.
Structurally though, it will still be a fairlane.
I also prefer the back seat of the lane with the two removable head rests than the ones in the G6 which are moulded into the rear seat.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 23-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Sounds like a brilliant idea and something to keep you thinking in the middle of a 14 hour sector at 3am. It might take you years but then all good things do.
Don't do long haul any more.
All the long haul is being passed off onto the A380 now anyway, and I refuse to pull off an absolute greaser only to hear the annunciator go "retard, retard, retard".

That and there's no vertical integration on the big types any more. On long haul, you get one, maybe 2 landings a month, whereas on domestic you get up to 8 a day.

Anyway, being in town often now makes my mind wander toward doing a project car.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 23-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't do long haul any more.
All the long haul is being passed off onto the A380 now anyway, and I refuse to pull off an absolute greaser only to hear the annunciator go "retard, retard, retard".

That and there's no vertical integration on the big types any more. On long haul, you get one, maybe 2 landings a month, whereas on domestic you get up to 8 a day.

Anyway, being in town often now makes my mind wander toward doing a project car.
Well obviously the annunciator has been left in test mode from when CASA were aboard .
I have been on plenty of shorthauls especially into MML when there were quite a number of landings in quick succession

But as far as the engine, as it would be a bit difficult to engineer a PT6 have you thought of a coyote. There are a few about and I know of a R-Spec with only a couple of thousand Ks up here that got a bit soggy over the Australia Day weekend. It was parked so the engine should be ok and a R-Spec powered Fairlane would be a unique item.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #13
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

On long haul, you get one, maybe 2 landings a month, whereas on domestic you get up to 8 a day.
What domestic routes are you flying?

The BF sounds like a good project. Should go nicely with a 4l turbo. You and Gothefalcon could start a niche in factory style modified Fords.
Old 23-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Well obviously the annunciator has been left in test mode from when CASA were aboard .
I have been on plenty of shorthauls especially into MML when there were quite a number of landings in quick succession

But as far as the engine, as it would be a bit difficult to engineer a PT6 have you thought of a coyote. There are a few about and I know of a R-Spec with only a couple of thousand Ks up here that got a bit soggy over the Australia Day weekend. It was parked so the engine should be ok and a R-Spec powered Fairlane would be a unique item.

The annunciator is still an airbus thing, maybe it's been programmed in by the electrical engineer who had to fix all the wiring problems on the prototype at final body join.

I think I have a little more homework to do. A coyote sounds really tempting, we're now moving into a lot more upgrades.
When I've got it apart I'll decide then, the I6T is sitting under a tarp, not likely to be moved soon.

I'll speak to my mate who's been an auto electrician for 25 years and actually worked at city ford for a couple of years who can make sense of all the schematic mumbo-jumbo; he knows how to engineer fixes for electrical issues. He's the type of guy who cuts open a 3 inch thick wiring loom and finds a shorting wire, replaces it and then puts it back together. I've allowed approximately $60.00/hour for his time in my budget (all after hours at his house), and it shouldn't take him more than around 50 hours to get it done. If he thinks a coyote won't present more problems than the I6T, then I'll probably do that.
One thing's for sure, a coyote would certainly sound a lot better, but I was hoping to keep the suspension stock; just all removed, stripped, powder coated and new bushes etc then reinstalled for that new car factory look.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 23-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
What domestic routes are you flying?

The BF sounds like a good project. Should go nicely with a 4l turbo. You and Gothefalcon could start a niche in factory style modified Fords.
Mainly yssy, ybbn, yscb, ymml, ybna, ymlt; it varies a bit.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 23-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

great idea,,,heaps of work and as they say ,,its not always about the final destination,,sometimes its about the trip to get there,,,all the best and cant wait for the build thread,
just thinking ,,have you thought about buying a G6ET and cutting it in half and adding 8 or 9 inches,,lol,,,just taking another road to get to the same place
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Mainly yssy, ybbn, yscb, ymml, ybna, ymlt; it varies a bit.
737s?
Old 23-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about this ??

Last edited by csv8; 04-03-2013 at 12:03 PM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

I love the idea, good luck! I hope to see something absolutely stunning come of this.
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #20
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There's a company in the UK that does limo and hearse versions of the FG as well .... might be able to get some info pics from them as well in what is involved.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #21
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Considering the FG was a totally new body above the rear floor pan and forward of the rear axle, I can't see how this is going to be an easy job, not that you saying it will be of course, but maybe it might be a lot more complex than you're imagining. There would probably be nothing on the front or rear ends that would match FG. Not to mention the doors were all new. So how can fitting FG skins to a BF door be do-able without totally slicing them to pieces to make it fit.

I can certainly see the appeal but this isn't an AU to BA conversion where a lot of stuff underneath is compatible, we're talking an all new body here. But then again maybe its not that far removed, I guess you won't know until you get stuck into it. Good luck with it anyway, props to you if you can pull it off.

It would have been interesting to see what an FG Fairlane would have looked like.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Be easier to start with an FG and get a hearse / limo builder to extend the wheel base and rear door.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #23
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Considering the FG was a totally new body above the rear floor pan and forward of the rear axle, I can't see how this is going to be an easy job, not that you saying it will be of course, but maybe it might be a lot more complex than you're imagining. There would probably be nothing on the front or rear ends that would match FG. Not to mention the doors were all new. So how can fitting FG skins to a BF door be do-able without totally slicing them to pieces to make it fit.

I can certainly see the appeal but this isn't an AU to BA conversion where a lot of stuff underneath is compatible, we're talking an all new body here. But then again maybe its not that far removed, I guess you won't know until you get stuck into it. Good luck with it anyway, props to you if you can pull it off.

It would have been interesting to see what an FG Fairlane would have looked like.
Problems you will face:

* Fitting the dash: Front edge of FG front door cavity protrudes further back into cabin than BF. This means edges of the FG dash when fitted to BF shell will have nothing to secure to. I modified the FG dash end mounts to make it all sit flush with the B-series shell, but then the FG dash ended up being too far forward and wouldn't meet up with FG door trims at all, leaving an ugly gap on both sides. The rest of the BA/BF mounting points on the floor will bolt up directly to the FG dash.

* Centre console: FG trans tunnel/centre console mount sits higher than BA/BF. Handbrake mount completely different. A piece of FG trans tunnel sheetmetal would be handy and you can weld it in to make life easy.

* You will have no traction control or ABS wheel speed sensors for your front end at all, unless you manage to fit a entire FG front K-frame to the B-series (and this is very difficult because FG chassis rails are further apart than BA/BF). Ford run an active front wheel speed sensor in FG integrated into the wheel hub, while BA runs old-school magnetic pickup speed sensors which read off tone wheels. I tried everything to find a solution: SZ territory front speed sensors (SZ runs tone wheels on the front still), FG ute rear speed sensors on the front, FG sedan rear speed sensors on the front and none of them worked. For the rear end, however, FG speed sensors will bolt straight into your BF IRS cradle, with the help of spacers and will actually work to get you a speedometer reading.

* The beltline of the FG is higher than BF, the front/rear door sizes are also different. You may need to fabricate the entire FG-style door skin from bare sheetmetal. Would be easier than trying to make a different size/shape door skin fit. You will need to have custom door trims made up altogether. Door lock mechanisms will also be a challenge as they are completely different design.

* FG bonnet/guards are longer and taller than BF. The A-pillar has a separate panel, whereas in BA/BF the front door edge acts as A-pillar panel. FG bonnet appears to be longer and a different shape. With a good fabricator, though, might be achievable, but even then, I don't think the proportions would ever be right. The headlight is considerably different and wraps around more, while BF headlight is basically squared off. Maybe BF-series 2 front with custom front bar would be a good compromise?

* Electrically, there is no challenge there. Pull all looms out of BF falcon, chuck them in bin , install FG dash/looms/modules/accessories into shell and it will all work. You need FG door ajar sensors installed, as they work in the opposite fashion to BF door ajar sensors (Normally Closed/Normally Open). You will also need to figure out how to open your fuel flap as FG has no remote fuel release.

* Seats are no challenge, BF<->FG seats front and rear will swap in/out with no modifications. Your original BF steering column will bolt up to fg steering wheel. You may even re-use the BF's lower steering shroud cover as its the same as FG .

* Under the bonnet, you will need custom made engine mounts (easy job). If you want forced induction, you will need to modify your radiator support slightly if you wish to use the FG factory intercooler routing (FG pipes/intercooler run in a big loop, while BF runs inlet/outlet pipes to one side of the intercooler). You will also need some custom-made mandrel pipes. Keep your BF air condensor and air con compressor as these are 100% better than the FG ones .
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #24
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just do it........please
Old 25-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #25
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Problems you will face:

* Fitting the dash: Front edge of FG front door cavity protrudes further back into cabin than BF. This means edges of the FG dash when fitted to BF shell will have nothing to secure to. I modified the FG dash end mounts to make it all sit flush with the B-series shell, but then the FG dash ended up being too far forward and wouldn't meet up with FG door trims at all, leaving an ugly gap on both sides. The rest of the BA/BF mounting points on the floor will bolt up directly to the FG dash.

* Centre console: FG trans tunnel/centre console mount sits higher than BA/BF. Handbrake mount completely different. A piece of FG trans tunnel sheetmetal would be handy and you can weld it in to make life easy.

* You will have no traction control or ABS wheel speed sensors for your front end at all, unless you manage to fit a entire FG front K-frame to the B-series (and this is very difficult because FG chassis rails are further apart than BA/BF). Ford run an active front wheel speed sensor in FG integrated into the wheel hub, while BA runs old-school magnetic pickup speed sensors which read off tone wheels. I tried everything to find a solution: SZ territory front speed sensors (SZ runs tone wheels on the front still), FG ute rear speed sensors on the front, FG sedan rear speed sensors on the front and none of them worked. For the rear end, however, FG speed sensors will bolt straight into your BF IRS cradle, with the help of spacers and will actually work to get you a speedometer reading.

* The beltline of the FG is higher than BF, the front/rear door sizes are also different. You may need to fabricate the entire FG-style door skin from bare sheetmetal. Would be easier than trying to make a different size/shape door skin fit. You will need to have custom door trims made up altogether. Door lock mechanisms will also be a challenge as they are completely different design.

* FG bonnet/guards are longer and taller than BF. The A-pillar has a separate panel, whereas in BA/BF the front door edge acts as A-pillar panel. FG bonnet appears to be longer and a different shape. With a good fabricator, though, might be achievable, but even then, I don't think the proportions would ever be right. The headlight is considerably different and wraps around more, while BF headlight is basically squared off. Maybe BF-series 2 front with custom front bar would be a good compromise?

* Electrically, there is no challenge there. Pull all looms out of BF falcon, chuck them in bin , install FG dash/looms/modules/accessories into shell and it will all work. You need FG door ajar sensors installed, as they work in the opposite fashion to BF door ajar sensors (Normally Closed/Normally Open). You will also need to figure out how to open your fuel flap as FG has no remote fuel release.

* Seats are no challenge, BF<->FG seats front and rear will swap in/out with no modifications. Your original BF steering column will bolt up to fg steering wheel. You may even re-use the BF's lower steering shroud cover as its the same as FG .

* Under the bonnet, you will need custom made engine mounts (easy job). If you want forced induction, you will need to modify your radiator support slightly if you wish to use the FG factory intercooler routing (FG pipes/intercooler run in a big loop, while BF runs inlet/outlet pipes to one side of the intercooler). You will also need some custom-made mandrel pipes. Keep your BF air condensor and air con compressor as these are 100% better than the FG ones .

Mate, just read your thread on fitting the interior, what an eye opener.
What I'm planning on doing is massive, major surgery. The only real thing left from the fairlane will be the shell, the glass, and maybe the ZF having an overhaul and update to the higher spec ZF box.
Reading the problems you've had, I'll be putting an FG front end in as well as the FG door locks, speed sensors and master cylinder. I also plan to put an FG fuel tank in it, and other such things to make the transition easier.

For the doors, I'm going to have to make a hybrid with the new skins and the old frames, as I'm not one for cutting the whole car apart. That said, my sheet metal guy wants to actually put a little more reinforcement in the car when it's stripped to bare metal, he plans to spot weld a lot of this in. With the doors apart, he wants to improve the intrusion beam and he does that lead work stuff and filing etc to make things look right.
Suffice to say, he wants to have the modifications to the body engineer certified before we start putting it back together.

I'm not really planning on registering this thing, it's more of a show car than anything else but suffice to say, I'll give it a go. Might take me a couple of months to get myself into gear, but I'm thinking this Fairlane which has a personality to me is going to look awesome in Velvet with an FG and Cashmere interior.

Was looking as well at the G6 parked next to it today, and there is a whole lot of hair pulling days ahead; even the front clip will need serious modifications to fit. I figure however that I want ford to see this thing as a serious attempt at making a fairlane out of the FG, and whilst it will be expensive it will indeed be only one of a kind.

Conversely, I drive an FG cab chassis ute on LPG as a daily as it sits in rooftop parking all day long, and I don't really care much for the interior. Maybe I'll swap the electric leather seats from the fairlane into the ute? The stock 17" fairlane alloys are already on it.

As for power, I'll stick the I6T in it. A bonnet bulge isn't really the look I'm after. That said and for Flappist, there's an out of hours JT8D-9A I can get my hands on for 10 grand. At just over 3 meters long it may be a little too ambitious.

Quote: