Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #181
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Arm79 & Fantz - we get the point. Agree to disagree & move on....
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #182
djmaker

well i picked up my car on monady i was unable to pick it up on the friday so they charged me $3.50 extra evrey day and you cant even pick it up on weekends.... as for the speeding charge i will probly be going to see a solicitor on wensday to see what he has to say... i also wanted to mentione the fact that about 1min before the police officer was behind me a motorbike flew past me going very fast now that just goes to show they know they cant catch the motorbike whos obviously a much greater risk as he was weaving in and out of traffic compared to my sitting in the right lane and for the record i didnt change lanes once i was sitting in the right lane when ever the car infront of me had seen me coming up they would just change lanes.... but look it seems this topic has gotten a bit out of hand with evreyone arguing with each other... if you want to read my first post again i simply was asking if i had a good chance in court thats all not AM I AN IDIOT SHOULD I BE HIT WITH SOMETHING I DIDNT DO???? maybe you should keep your comments to your self as all i was asking for was a little help i think ill get all the bull crap from the court i dont need to hear it from you guys as well.
djmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #183
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
for the third time.. please read

yeah wooo that looks like a personal attack doesn't it.

i've attempted several times now to explain to you in detail but it doesn't seem to be getting through. This will be my last reply to you because i'm banging my head on a brick wall.
PM Sent ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
Arm79 & Fantz - we get the point. Agree to disagree & move on....
Line stealer... That was going to be my next one as I wa sure I wasn going to get a reply from Fantz.

djmaker, Sorry if I have taken anything away from you in this thread. I do feel very sorry for you and what has happened in your situation, it really does suck, and I replied as such.

Good luck in court, I hope you well and truely kick their asses.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #184
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaker
well i picked up my car on monady i was unable to pick it up on the friday so they charged me $3.50 extra evrey day and you cant even pick it up on weekends.... as for the speeding charge i will probly be going to see a solicitor on wensday to see what he has to say... i also wanted to mentione the fact that about 1min before the police officer was behind me a motorbike flew past me going very fast now that just goes to show they know they cant catch the motorbike whos obviously a much greater risk as he was weaving in and out of traffic compared to my sitting in the right lane and for the record i didnt change lanes once i was sitting in the right lane when ever the car infront of me had seen me coming up they would just change lanes.... but look it seems this topic has gotten a bit out of hand with evreyone arguing with each other... if you want to read my first post again i simply was asking if i had a good chance in court thats all not AM I AN IDIOT SHOULD I BE HIT WITH SOMETHING I DIDNT DO???? maybe you should keep your comments to your self as all i was asking for was a little help i think ill get all the bull crap from the court i dont need to hear it from you guys as well.
Good luck with it all mate, but you have to realise if you post on a public forum you're inviting people's opinions, that's just the way forums work. I've been through the legal system a few times (not as the defendant mind you) and it takes its sweet time unfortunately, which is a pain in the back side. However it does give you time to do some research and have some lengthy preparation sessions with your attorney. I know all too well that there are good and bad people in law, and that's unfortunate, yes i have encountered the bad myself too. Makes you lose faith in the system.

I won't post any more in this thread, but i wish you luck in achieving a moral outcome to your case, and remember in most cases you have the right to appeal a decision as well. All the best.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #185
gozza

Bad Luck Man

Its a shame they can actually pull a figure from the air and use it with justification.

If they have no proof of over 45 then you can't be done on the hoon laws i guess....how do they prove speeds in court anyway? Does the radar download info onto a hard drive?

Also he must of been a fool because they don't have to imound the car.......i stupidly did a U banga in close proximity to a cop and he said he could take it then and there.....but didn't

Good luck with the follow on

Sorry i just realised its been resolved
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #186
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaker
.... as for the speeding charge i will probly be going to see a solicitor on wensday to see what he has to say...
Best thing you can do. Don't try and deal with this in court yourself.

IMO the police are pushing it if they say thay can visually estimate your speed to be 150km/h rather than, say, 144km/h. Let your lawyer handle this though.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 03:25 AM   #187
AdamN
Starter Motor

I read the first 2pgs of this thread and it seriously makes me wanna pull a gun on the next cop that pulls me over. I hope they're reading this too..
I've had a cop tell me I was speeding 25km/h over when I was speeding 9km/h over because I was rolling down a hill.. unmarked car with NO RADAR in it... what a load of ****..
I had to stand there for 25mins in the cold 1am air while he then proceeded to search my car for drugs and wouldnt let me get my jumper so I could stay warm.

I'm gonna leave a video camera, notepad and pen in my car from now on.. next time I get pulled over just because I'm the only car on the road in the early early morning.. I'm going to video tape it and write absolutely everything down on paper so I don't get any facts mixed up.
Then I'll be filing a formal complaint (again) to the superior officer of the one that pulled me over...

I dunno about the other states.. but WA has the most corrupt police force.. more cops quit than they can train replacements for.. and we end up with a bunch of cocky ******** traffic cops that cops from other departments call "jelly backs"..
I'm not saying there isn't decent cops out there.. cos I've met heaps.. but the ratio has sharply shifted this year.

Enough ranting from me..
AdamN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 03:37 AM   #188
AdamN
Starter Motor

Ok I just downloaded the WA road traffic act plus the "hoon law" admendments.... basically if a cop says you were hooning.. in the eyes of the court, you were hooning... even if you weren't really.

for example.. this clause..
"the vehicle is driven in a manner that causes one or more of the vehicle’s driving wheels to lose traction with the driving surface;"
.. so if it's wet.. and you're at a red light waiting.. the light turns green.. you accelerate a touch too quick.. back off instantly and take off slowly.. that split second where u lost traction is enough for a cop to pull you over and confiscate your car.

Now to me.. that's giving cops way too much power. Eventually there will be a revolt against all this and it's not gonna be pretty.

P.S. I don't condone driving recklessly or speeding.. I just hate that there's bastard cops out there pushing their luck just because they can
AdamN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #189
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Wow, havent read this thread for a while, just read through most of it now and it has gone off the rails into a cop bashing, djmaker bashing, p-plater bashing madhouse!

Djmaker, i hope all goes well, i mean if what you are saying is the truth then it will all turn out the way you would hope (bet it will be the only time you are hoping for a ticket and a few demerit points!). If not just make sure a court-bashing thread isnt started and accept that perhaps in your moments of anger and while your mind wasnt completely on the road, your mind also decided to forget a few things and maybe you were doing what has been alleged.

Either way i think you have probably learnt a valuable lesson. I think that if you were just given a ticket on the spot, perhaps you wouldnt have thought about it as much and it wouldnt have impacted you as much as the prospect of losing your license and your car for those few days.

As much as life sucks sometimes, at least we are still living...

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #190
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamN
I've had a cop tell me I was speeding 25km/h over when I was speeding 9km/h over because I was rolling down a hill.. unmarked car with NO RADAR in it... what a load of ****..
EXACTLY the same thing happened to me here in WA. I was travelling down Stakehill Road (to Mandurah) and I had cruise control set to 80. I rolled down a hill and the car must of sped up, and at the same time a HWP was coming UP THE HILL, then travelled a bit further after I passed, and he was almost out of my rear view when he decided to hit the lights and hoon back up behind me.

Now, for those that are familiar the hill in question is like a 3 second downhill/uphill deal. There is no way he could of got my speed as he was at the bottom (flat surface) while I was heading downhill.

Anyway, he pulls me over and says I was doing 99 in an 80 zone. I said that's impossible, my cruise control is set to 80, and even going downhill you cant pick up 19km/hr. To his credit he was pretty good, he said 5 or 10 over he can understand but not 19. Fair enough says I, but I wasn't doing 19 over. So I took him for a drive, hit my cruise resume button and spot on it was 80.

He just shrugged once we got back to his car and I still got the 19km/hr fine. It's just BS. And YES same deal, he supposedly couldn't show me my speed on the radar, apparently he "cleared it" or something...

It all seems a bit too dodgy to me. My view of the WA police force though differs, they are mostly top blokes, just the few "jellybacks" as you say that screw it up for the rest of them.

And to djmaker, it sucks that over in VIC they seem to be absolutely anal in terms of motor vehicle infringements. At least you took it on the chin the speed you were ACTUALLY doing, and I admire that, especially in a fresh P plater. The cops are definately seeming to be smart-asses, and I wish you good luck with the solicitor in court : Sometimes it is the police that need examples made of them...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #191
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Cops are not tops.....
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #192
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a TMU officer (if the officer that pulled you over was TMU) can, based on their experience with the TMU (ie a TMU officer of 10-20 years, not 4 months) act as an "expert witness" in the eyes of the law for a reported speed, so you may be out of luck if it's a seasoned TMU officer who pulled you over.

I've had a similar experience myself but it turned out okay, some time ago was pulled over by a cop on a wet night after I'd failed to slow down through a couple of round-abouts (50k zone, very wide footpaths and I could see the roads either side with plenty of distance to brake) - they were coming from a side street and followed me around a turn. When they pulled me over they accused me of fish-tailing up the road when I turned which I most definately did not - the tyres I have and my LSD in good nick do not break traction in those particular conditions (gear, road gradient, surface (even wet) etc.). Cop said he was going to send me a summons and wanted to look at my car the next day to check ride height as it was raining (I assume he cbf doing it there and then)

Anyway I turned up the next day (after a little preparation tying my exhaust up higher with wire) and he was sick (karma?). A different officer ran the wheel under the car and even tho it got "stuck" on the exhaust just rammed it under and said "just" (I measured and it was 101mm on concrete, so on asphalt it would hang just under 100mm). Went back the next day to see the actual cop who pulled me over and he just said he'd be keeping an eye out for me and I wouldn't be getting a summons.

If you manage to get off the 150 and get done for 127 instead you should ask if they will refund the costs involved in your car being impounded (Worth a try) including towing...
Old 13-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #193
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

sounds like they need to fill their quotas, same with the parking officers.. just a shame they can't all be nice :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #194
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

the cops have to fill a quota on a month to month basis. the lawyer should tell u to fight it. it is a word against word scenario and unfortunatly he is a cop. just tell the truth and it's possible the impoundment will be withdrawn from ur record and the fine decreased but if the judge or majistrate hold an anti hoon predjiduce then i dare say ur stuffed. hope it goes well for u. if u still get done for 150km/h send a current affair an email. there has been a few incodents like this on there over the years. could prove helpful.

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 02:26 PM   #195
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
the cops have to fill a quota on a month to month basis.
This is fact is it?
You had this shown to you?
Or is it just what you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTtZ
the lawyer should tell u to fight it. it is a word against word scenario and unfortunatly he is a cop. just tell the truth and it's possible the impoundment will be withdrawn from ur record and the fine decreased but if the judge or majistrate hold an anti hoon predjiduce then i dare say ur stuffed. hope it goes well for u. if u still get done for 150km/h send a current affair an email. there has been a few incodents like this on there over the years. could prove helpful.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #196
Bobman
Regulator

With regards to the quota comments, I was pulled over by a seasoned SNR CONST who was driving 1 up in a marked VZ SS, they seem to be back to 1 up shifts in the TMU during the day again.

He said he had done his "10 quota for the day" and I only received a warning for one tyre, very nice bloke though, pulled away from the road and had a 20 minute chat about policing etc, not all of them are hard-a**es.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #197
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

was told about the quota's by a geelong officer and the lawyer will tell you to fight it coz he needs the money to pay 4 his merc. and it's a plausable case

and just for those who told me to stop sooking, dont be stupid, just drive safe etc in my hoon laws thread, i hope u can understand my point now!!!

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 01:28 AM   #198
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

The laws are new and the higher ups are dying to make an example of people.

These orders to find someone are relayed to the cops on the street and this poor lads case is the result.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #199
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

One thing that I did do when I went to court fighting a copper over a speeding charge (about 25years ago).
was have the RACV test my speedo, as it turned out my speedo was out by 3 KPH this did go to my favor as the copper could not produce anything to prove that theres was correct.
All the best with it.
I know exactly how you feel
Regards Rod

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post