Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-06-2019, 12:23 AM   #1
TasFocus07
Starter Motor

Default 2007 LT Focus boot access

[SIZE="3"]Greetings....OK, my central locking all works OK but I cannot access the boot.
The electronic opening switch doesn't respond.
Is there a trick to bypassing this in emergencies?

Cheers,
TasFocus07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2019, 08:49 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: 2007 LT Focus boot access

Apparently not - from the WSM:

The liftgate/luggage compartment lid latch is a mechanical latch with a electric motor to drive the latch release. The liftgate/luggage compartment lid latch has no remote mechanical release facility.

I'm guessing the boot doesn't have a key hole either...

You could try accessing it through the fold down seats.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
TasFocus07
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Apparently not - from the WSM:

The liftgate/luggage compartment lid latch is a mechanical latch with a electric motor to drive the latch release. The liftgate/luggage compartment lid latch has no remote mechanical release facility.

I'm guessing the boot doesn't have a key hole either...

You could try accessing it through the fold down seats.
Thanks....just what I don't want to hear ;o))
I have looked in behind the seats....not a lot of room to manuevre.
I wonder if I can supply a separate electrical connection to see if the drive motor is active?
I have been through all the fuses which seem OK....as I said, the rest of the locking system works fine.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:45 AM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

You possibly could. The wiring schematics are in our technical portal - if you are lucky the wiring runs down the sill and not through the roof lining and you could easily enough tap into it.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 06-06-2019 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:58 AM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

OK. I've had a quick look and the page you want is 501-14-00-17.

The wire colours at the switch are Black with a Yellow Stripe and plain Black. All the switch does is bridge the two together as per the snippet below. It's also powered by Fuse 72 which powers the central locking.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #6
TasFocus07
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
OK. I've had a quick look and the page you want is 501-14-00-17.

The wire colours at the switch are Black with a Yellow Stripe and plain Black. All the switch does is bridge the two together as per the snippet below. It's also powered by Fuse 72 which powers the central locking.

Cheers
Russ
Thanks very much for your trouble and searching...I have downloaded and printed this out....will give something to be going on with ;o))
Old 13-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #7
brucewarring

Have just checked mine and I think you can hook out the rubber boot on the boot switch and power up the switch and see if that works, please let us all know as I am now concerned about my boot operation
brucewarring is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post