Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #241
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Falcon GTHO Revived

It does look tough with the guards chock full of rubber.
Old 24-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #242
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
It does look tough with the guards chock full of rubber.
absolutely, that trailing arm = duel purpose .. better grip / filled guards
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 25-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #243
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
OOOppps,centre cap fell out....

I keep forgetting this is a $45 grand package, always confuse it with $25 grand deal
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 25-05-2019, 07:32 PM   #244
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

$45, 000. Every time I here that amount I image ALL the mods I could do for that cash.

Just say is slowly, forty five thousand dollars..... Thats a hell load of cash.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
4 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2019, 12:10 AM   #245
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Just say is slowly, forty five thousand dollars..... Thats a hell load of cash.[/QUOTE]

Just picturing Eddie Murphy delivering that line in Beverly Hills cop in the opening scene..
Watch my lips, five thousand Dollars
Lol

Previous:
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
This user likes this post:
Old 26-05-2019, 12:06 PM   #246
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
$45, 000. Every time I here that amount I image ALL the mods I could do for that cash.

Just say is slowly, forty five thousand dollars..... Thats a hell load of cash.
Another way of looking at it- a further $7,520.00 was what I had to pay Ford AUS to produce the FGX XR8 manual, including Miami, TR6060 transmission and diff, body, suspension, Brembo brakes, electronic loom, Sync 2 and dash electronics and radio system, upholstery, twin pack metallic paint, staggered alloy wheels with full spare...AND 2 year factory warranty

If you are like me and do not leverage profit off anyone else but what you earn depends of your hourly work-is hard to justify the pain one goes through to make $100,000 to fund this package (tax and costs to earn net income of $45,000).

If you one to whom money comes easily- sure I can see the attraction....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 26-05-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old 26-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #247
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

So what do I do when I tell the guys down the pub about my $25,000 holy grail, how its killa and developed by expects. Then old mate with a $2000 tune spanks me at the drags.

Hangs head in shame and limps away.....

Xtreme Ford Tuning

2 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2019, 04:57 PM   #248
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Checkout the Whichcar episode here (only available for 1month) featuring the Premcar SVT Holy Grail:

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/whichcar
Old 26-05-2019, 07:37 PM   #249
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
So what do I do when I tell the guys down the pub about my $25,000 holy grail, how its killa and developed by expects. Then old mate with a $2000 tune spanks me at the drags.

Hangs head in shame and limps away.....
Same as having an 8k omega seamaster automatic watch and your $20.00 timex quartz keeps better time with less maintenance.
Horology v dont give a cr@p timekeeping.

This HG package ( sorry cant keep mentioning that cringy H*** G**** namesake) offers owners the same level of differentiation. I like what they’ve done and the exclusivity. For me personally its a bit rich, but thats my problem i guess, doesnt make the package a bad one, just makes it unattainable.

If you can afford it and its what you really want cos its the last of its kind engineered by the boffins that were involved with the car in the 1st place, then its value is not measured by $$$ alone.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
6 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2019, 06:40 AM   #250
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or you could quit all the bull sh#t and say .....

Its way over priced , but if you want it and have more $ than brains then go for it and enjoy it for what it is

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 27-05-2019, 10:46 AM   #251
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzman View Post
Or you could quit all the bull sh#t and say .....

Its way over priced , but if you want it and have more $ than brains then go for it and enjoy it for what it is
Most everything for these cars is overpriced....
If people went on brains alone - they'd never have purchased anything from FPV to start with...

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
3 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2019, 02:20 AM   #252
SirMango
Starter Motor

Hey guys
Been following this thread for a while now. I attended the motorex VIP presentation and thought I would make an account just so I could report back haha.
So we were all taken up to this little room. There was about 10 punters all up: 3 old guys who looked about 80, me and two of my mates, and a family of four (mum, dad, 2 kids). I don't think anyone from that presentation signed up for one, and I'll explain why a little bit later.
The presenters were the long haired guy, one premcar engineer, the shockworks guy, Tony Lockett, John Bowe, one punter that had purchased a HG package, and another guy taking photos.

The presentation was pretty awful really, mainly because we couldn't hear what anyone said, even though it was a small room. There was no mics or PA system. I don't think it was planned very well as everyone that came up the front and spoke seemed to be put on the spot.
The presentation went for about an hour, nothing new was really brought up. When it was over they brought out some sandwiches and all of a sudden it became a huge sales pitch. The long haired guy zerod me out and decided he'd come over and convince me to buy one. I let him do most of the talking, and when you let someone keep talking they usually give away things they probably weren't meant to...
So here's what I found out.
The long haired guy's profession is a car salesman. So naturally he has the gift of the gab, and was very pushy trying to sell the kit. I'd say he's probably on a commission.
He mentioned how well they were selling, they'd already taken half a million dollars from customers. Sounds impressive... But if you do the maths, that's only around 10 kits...
I asked him about Premcar as a company and what the future holds. His response was something like this: Premcar is trying to get into aftermarket performance industry, and the holy grail kit is basically their first attempt at showing the industry what they can do. They will not remain Ford-only, they are currently developing kits for other car manufacturers. They probably won't touch the mustang because Tickford and Herrod have got that covered.
I asked him about the claims that HG was 10 seconds faster around the track than a standard GT. The two reference cars were stock standard 2012 GT vs a HG kitted Sprint. He told me how John Bowe was able to brake late and throw the HG through the corners which was gave it the 10 second advantage. I then asked wouldn't the brakes play an important part in the times, seeing as the Sprint has the big 6pot calipers upfront? He didn't really have a response to that. I know for a fact my standard XR8 suffers brake fade after a few good corners...
He went on to ask if I remembered the GT Black concept car from the motorshow. Well apparently, that car way back then had the HG engine mods. The FPV guys had already made a HG prototype and stuck it in the GT Black concept. Which makes me wonder...there was a lot of emphasis that cost of r&d on the HG was the reason for the high retail price, but if it had already been developed by FPV for the GT Black, wouldn't they have done a majority of the r&d back in the Ford days? Seems a bit like double dipping...
Another question I asked was, say I have a HG kit and hypothetically I'm involved in an accident, my exhaust is broken my wheels are damaged my trailing arms are damaged etc etc. What happens when I need to get new parts seeing as it's limited to 100 kits? Well surprise surprise, they're stockpiling more than enough parts for 100 kits. Which leads me to believe that eventually they will sell components individually.
They also claimed that if your car is fitted with a HG kit, Shannon's will value the car at $150grand. Wow.
Anyway, I thanked the man for his time and went on my way, thinking this will be the last I hear from him. Boy was I wrong.
3 phonecalls the following week from him trying to get me to put a deposit down. He offered me everything. Test drives, track days, factory tours, the lot. He said "what's holding you back". I said "mate 45k is a lot of money to throw on a 3 year old car"
"It's not 45k" he responded. "It's 41k"
Interesting...
So this is what leads me to believe they haven't sold an awful lot.

Anyway, that's about all the info I managed to get and can remember at the moment. Hope it's not too incoherent haha.

Peace!
Old 28-05-2019, 08:53 AM   #253
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"They also claimed that if your car is fitted with a HG kit, Shannon's will value the car at $150grand. Wow."

haha This is what I was alluding to way back at the start of the thread, sadly some people believe this BS.

its not a real GTHO
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 28-05-2019, 06:24 PM   #254
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: Falcon GTHO Revived

with my flame suit on "the 4 letters GTHO" should be left alone, to be associated with an era long gone. Its an era which manufacturers and others in the industry try to call on to generate sales, somehow linking todays offerings through some DNA called a brand. I don't know a thing about the new stuff, it looks great and I do like it. I know it goes n stops much better than anything I own now or in the future. Leave the GTHO name out of it, it doesn't belong nor fit. rant over.....
Old 28-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #255
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMango View Post
I said "mate 45k is a lot of money to throw on a 3 year old car"
"It's not 45k" he responded. "It's 41k"
Until you add GST?
Old 28-05-2019, 10:57 PM   #256
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Thanks for the insight Sir Mango.

This thread is lame now. The way Premcar operate I give it 12 months and they will be out of business, or everyone will be able to buy all components separate. They will need to survive somehow. And for the modification for other markets. Well no more falcon or commodore and the VE VF HSV market is already flooded. They wont touch Mustang , because they cant compete.

But they have a great business model (as old mate car salesmen reported). You develop a product with someone else's or public money, then market as your own spouting all the extensive R & D.

But I dont need to report this , many forum members already thought this was the case.

Classic.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

2 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2019, 12:15 AM   #257
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Falcon developement makes me cringe right now especially with these companies selling packages on what the final falcon "should have been". They are not ford. Go else where and enjoy more for less... Far less. Thanks Arron for the humour.

As for the development, bingo far too many people had been there sooner, knew what worked what didn't and what needed to be done to the car.

Last edited by 99AUXR; 29-05-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Old 29-05-2019, 07:21 AM   #258
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any other Knights of the Realm have reviews on the HG

This is getting weird ......or maybe its just a coincidence

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
2 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #259
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift
with my flame suit on "the 4 letters GTHO" should be left alone, to be associated with an era long gone. Its an era which manufacturers and others in the industry try to call on to generate sales, somehow linking todays offerings through some DNA called a brand. I don't know a thing about the new stuff, it looks great and I do like it. I know it goes n stops much better than anything I own now or in the future. Leave the GTHO name out of it, it doesn't belong nor fit. rant over.....
Even Ford/FPV weren't game to use the name. They were going to call it GT-H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm
Thanks for the insight Sir Mango.

This thread is lame now. The way Premcar operate I give it 12 months and they will be out of business, or everyone will be able to buy all components separate. They will need to survive somehow. And for the modification for other markets. Well no more falcon or commodore and the VE VF HSV market is already flooded. They wont touch Mustang , because they cant compete.
You do realise Premcar do a lot of vehicle engineering for OEM's right? Including Ford. This vehicle mod stuff would just be a tiny fraction of their business.
Old 29-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #260
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Australia manufactures a lot of cars these days right ????

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 29-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #261
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Shanghai office as well.
Premcar have a rich history of projects in the following industries:
> Automotive (OEM) – Passenger and Commercial
> Automotive (Aftermarket)
> Aerospace
> Defence
> Heavy Vehicle
> Mining
> Recreational Watercraft
I won't bother listing their OE clients.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by PG2; 29-05-2019 at 07:47 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #262
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

For those of you who have made your opinion(s) clear - no more!!! If you don't like it that's fine, state your opinion and move on.

I really should close the thread but I won't... yet.
Old 29-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #263
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I'm commenting because a post above was edited, not removed, and some details remained..

I don't necessarily see this full "rich history of Premcar" other than by taking a look at their website, which proudly, but vaguely, lists exactly what is stated above in the edited post - including their OE clients which was not. So I guess it was a copy/paste job. I do see their involvement in FPV, having now taken a close look, but a few of them bought out the company 7 years ago so things change. Web searches on them simply return HG now. I would assume any history is just that, nothing that keeps returning a profit for them, that's business when it comes to past customers. So in my mind, it's possible the company may be "extended" as...

One thing is clear to me, from having gone through the posts here, no-one other than the handful who have bought it thinks this is good value for money. Probably, a lot of them don't even think that, even though they are happy to have done so.

Sell 1000 (or more) near half the current price is my thought. It's not bad hardware.

(Happy for the thread to be closed too, obviously, pro-Premcar or con-Premcar posters being impolite makes no difference in my mind, and the other thread was closed for this reason.)
Old 29-05-2019, 10:35 PM   #264
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

We are all entitled to our opinions. But we don't need to be subjected to insults and abusive language.

If you don't like or agree with mine or others opinions , that's just to bad

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 30-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #265
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

lol morning..........what a post.
Everyone takes opinions but its how one replies.
Not all your posts are valid opinions, sarcasm putting it mildly and some memes.
You deserve everything thrown at you and thats my opinion - is that polite for you, tuff titties if not .
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread