Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default the new Everest Trend

woke this morning with the thought ive almost had the Terri sz2 3 years now maybe ill start thinking a new
what to replace it with well all that seams out there atm is the Everest and I'm still not one that wants a 5 cylinder motor (let alone less and yes I know I know) so I'm doing some web checks on the Vehicle and not really seeing much of the whole vehicle
so I thought id go look at a new one and bundled my rough looking self in to my Terry and down to the local ford dealer I went to look over one , well I tell you must be a slow day for car sales as no sooner I got to a new trend and opened the drivers door I was inundated with sales people like fly's on a proverbial piece of brown matter left on my front lawn by a passing dog
needless to say due to all the unwanted attention by more than one jostling for a sale I spent very little time checking out the vehicle
but am surprised they have gone away from in car movie players for the passengers on any of them and the Trend doesn't seem as luxurious as the TS Terri
so I left wondering to my self apart from acquiring a 4wd from an Awd what an I really gaining at upgrading (if you could call it an upgrade) at the moment and if waiting would improve things anyway

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: the new Everest Trend

With Ranger and Everest I find Ford really do make the low and mid grade look and feel cheap. Get in a Navara for example and the ST feels just about as good inside as an ST-X, Mazda’s are the same. Same goes for the exterior.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #3
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if we are still getting the Edge or if the Endura is going to be the Terri so to speak or is the Endura going to be a smaller suv , cant wait to see the specs on it to see where it lines up

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
I wonder if we are still getting the Edge or if the Endura is going to be the Terri so to speak or is the Endura going to be a smaller suv , cant wait to see the specs on it to see where it lines up
I’d normally defend Ford to the end, but if you are looking for a replacement for the SZ2 in the Ford stable, move right along to another brand. Ford have the perfect replacement , the current generation Explorer, but the powers that be decided not to offer that vehicle in RHD or to the Australian market for whatever reason. Must be they classify Australia as third world developing nation and saw it fit that we get the same portfolio of product. Hate to say it, but the Toyota Kluger in its current form may be a good option. It took Toyota nearly a decade to get there, but they finally caught up to the Territory, all their previous attempts were second rate. Mazda isn’t too bad with their SUV’s either.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
I’d normally defend Ford to the end, but if you are looking for a replacement for the SZ2 in the Ford stable, move right along to another brand. Ford have the perfect replacement , the current generation Explorer, but the powers that be decided not to offer that vehicle in RHD or to the Australian market for whatever reason. Must be they classify Australia as third world developing nation and saw it fit that we get the same portfolio of product. Hate to say it, but the Toyota Kluger in its current form may be a good option. It took Toyota nearly a decade to get there, but they finally caught up to the Territory, all their previous attempts were second rate. Mazda isn’t too bad with their SUV’s either.
I think it's a reoccupation that any SUV for our market has to be:
1. already developed in RHD and
2.have a diesel option.

I'm hoping that Ford is looking towards next Gen Explorer as a global product
in RHD with 3.0 V6 Powerstroke. If Ford is refocusing on crossovers and SUVs,
then it's high time that Australia got a few more...
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
Ghiaman
Kinetic FG X XR8

It's a predicament I'm also in so i feel for you OP.
I've got a SZ2 TS provided by my employer and as it's 2 years old next month I would normally be replacing it. What with though?
I don't like Everest - no offence to any current owners. My boss has a Titanium which I've driven plenty of times. Its well kitted out and looks good but it just doesn't drive as nice. I had a PX Ranger before my first Territory.
The 2 Territorys ive had have really spoilt us.
So I've asked if i can keep it for another 12 months during which time ill either novated lease it and take a car allowance or choose something else.
Just can't bring myself to choose any non Ford vehicle at this point.
Maybe you should just hang on to yours?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ghiaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #7
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yer I'm in no actual rush or current need to part with it but timing at the moment rather than letting it devalue to much prier to upgrading
I am looking to replace with another diesel and wanting a 6 can be suv or 4wd but I don't think id be needing to be looking to much above the 70k mark for something
mat be ill look at a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Auto 4x4 MY18 in the next few months and see if its value for money and fitting to my wants ..... oh and needs

Old 29-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #8
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The reality that you can't buy our stuff anymore is starting to hit.

I would seriously consider upgrading it myself.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Friend of mine bought an MUX LS-T $5k cheaper than a Trend and better equipped. He looked at other SUV's in that price range and decided the MUX was value for the money.
Old 29-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #10
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There has to be some kind of update later in the year for the Everest after the Raptor is released. I would be guessing it would have to be getting the 10sp Auto + whatever tweaks they are cooking up.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #11
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

I went from an SZ Titanium to an Everest Trend and the only thing I miss is the leather, (was going to get it done but life got in the way ) the kids are past needing a dvd player, so that's not a problem for me. Other than that IMHO it's better in every way, quieter to drive and tows our caravan better than the Terri too.
I'm very happy with it, 45000ks so far.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2018, 10:42 PM   #12
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I’m a big big fan of the Everest. Even the roof mounted air con vents for the back passengers.

Everest Titanium with the new 18 inch wheel package would be a great all rounder.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2018, 05:39 AM   #13
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I think it's a reoccupation that any SUV for our market has to be:
1. already developed in RHD and
2.have a diesel option.

I'm hoping that Ford is looking towards next Gen Explorer as a global product
in RHD with 3.0 V6 Powerstroke. If Ford is refocusing on crossovers and SUVs,
then it's high time that Australia got a few more...
That would make too much sense. I think the Australian market could support Explorer, Expedition, Aviator, and Navigator. The Bronco will be there for the off-road market, making the Everest unneeded.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #14
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going From a Territory to an Everest I think you would be paying for a 4WD when you don't really need one, and losing out on the car like handling the Territory has.

To me they share the Ford badge but that's about where it ends.

Ford Australia have a big hole in their range IMO.

For me the closest thing would be the JGC, expect to budget around 10 grand more
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #15
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Going From a Territory to an Everest I think you would be paying for a 4WD when you don't really need one, and losing out on the car like handling the Territory has.

To me they share the Ford badge but that's about where it ends.

Ford Australia have a big hole in their range IMO.

For me the closest thing would be the JGC, expect to budget around 10 grand more
Everest comes in 2wd now, but the handling is still not car like, like the Territory.
I still prefer the Everest though.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #16
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGEREST View Post
Everest comes in 2wd now, but the handling is still not car like, like the Territory.
I still prefer the Everest though.
Yes sorry forgot that. when I say 4WD I meant the robustness of the vehicle.

The 2WD Everest is 5 grand cheaper & would be a good option for those Purchasing the vehicle just for towing
Old 30-04-2018, 04:43 PM   #17
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
That would make too much sense. I think the Australian market could support Explorer, Expedition, Aviator, and Navigator. The Bronco will be there for the off-road market, making the Everest unneeded.
Agree that the Australian market could easily support the Explorer. Not sure about the rest. LandCruisers are about as big as SUVs go in Australia, and the Expedition would easily make a LandCruiser look tiny. I'm not sure if something THAT big would sell easily.

Lincoln have no presence in Australia at all. While we're buying premium SUVs, I wonder if a relative unknown (yes, I know, it has existed in the US for decades and is a subsidiary of Ford) in a badge-snob market would gain too much traction.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #18
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Agree that the Australian market could easily support the Explorer. Not sure about the rest. LandCruisers are about as big as SUVs go in Australia, and the Expedition would easily make a LandCruiser look tiny. I'm not sure if something THAT big would sell easily.

Lincoln have no presence in Australia at all. While we're buying premium SUVs, I wonder if a relative unknown (yes, I know, it has existed in the US for decades and is a subsidiary of Ford) in a badge-snob market would gain too much traction.
Infinity seems to be doing alright, and I think Australians are pretty accepting of a dynamic market now. I would like to see Lincoln go global. I think they will have products worthy of it soon. The Expedition is closer in size to a LC200 than the Explorer is. It’s a little longer, but not significantly. Just enough to make it more comfortable. Fuel economy difference between the two is insignificant.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2018, 07:07 PM   #19
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel for you. After owning two Territories myself, one gets very spoilt on the ride, handling, and space combination. However, the harsh reality is that towards the end of its production run, the packaging (particularly the safety kit) was falling further and further behind the market. I nearly bought one of the last manufactured ones as a demo Territory, but the gap in safety features was too wide compared to the Mazda CX-5 (which I eventually bought). I did consider the Everest Trend, but it got ruled out. I didn't need a 4WD and the asking price for the kit provided was too high.

Since Ford has exited that market segment, then in my view the options are something like a Kluger or a CX-9 as a direct replacement for the Territory. (Personally, I would pick the CX-9 over the Kluger.)
whynot is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2018, 07:13 PM   #20
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Except for fuel economy. The V6 in the Klugger is a gas guzzler, uses almost double that of a SZ diesel Territory. My brother in law has a Klugger, it's a piece of shyte.

Toyota appeals to those who know zero about vehicles.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:31 PM   #21
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Except for fuel economy. The V6 in the Klugger is a gas guzzler, uses almost double that of a SZ diesel Territory. My brother in law has a Klugger, it's a piece of shyte.

Toyota appeals to those who know zero about vehicles.
I know a bit about vehicles and after spending two weeks in a Kluger while on holiday covering several thousand kilometres I couldn’t recommend it enough. Yes it drinks a bit more than most others but for the kit you get, the build quality and the power (it’s no slug for an SUV) it’s not bad for the money.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #22
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
I know a bit about vehicles and after spending two weeks in a Kluger while on holiday covering several thousand kilometres I couldn’t recommend it enough. Yes it drinks a bit more than most others but for the kit you get, the build quality and the power (it’s no slug for an SUV) it’s not bad for the money.
Like I said, the Kluger is a gas guzzler around town, ive seen average fuel consumption worse than the Territory Turbo (petrol), with half the performance.

I expect to pick up our Everest Trend 4WD tomorrow.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #23
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Like I said, the Kluger is a gas guzzler around town, ive seen average fuel consumption worse than the Territory Turbo (petrol), with half the performance.

I expect to pick up our Everest Trend 4WD tomorrow.
As far as fuel consumption goes theres not much in it. but you will find the Everest will use more than Ford claims see below. hard to believe a Kluger could be worse than a Territory Turbo.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-rev...-everest-57096

How much fuel does it consume?
Ford claims a combined fuel consumption figure for the Everest RWD of 8.4L/100km, while the AWD versions use 8.5L/100km.

Over a test period of 280 kilometres in a Trend RWD with mixed condition driving, we recorded a dash indicated fuel economy figure of 11.3L/100km, and in a Trend AWD, we recorded a dash indicated fuel economy figure of 12.1L/100km over a test period of 320km.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-rev...a-kluger-54903
How much fuel does it consume?
Toyota claims fuel consumption figures of 9.1L/100km for the 2WD GX and GXL and 9.3 for the Grande front-driver. For the all-paw GX and GXL the claimed figure is 9.5L/100km for all three spec levels. Both official mileage figures are an improvement on the 10.6L/100km for the 2015 model AWD and 10.2L/100km for the FWD.

Our most recent GX FWD test yielded 13.1L/100km. With a fuel tank capacity of 72 litres, that works out at a range of just under 550km to a bone-dry tank. Slightly better was our time with the GXL AWD, which yielded 11.7L/100km (including two long highway runs) and the Grande AWD returned 11.6L/100km in our hands.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Friend of mine bought an MUX LS-T $5k cheaper than a Trend and better equipped. He looked at other SUV's in that price range and decided the MUX was value for the money.
No comparison sorry.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Theres an updated Everest on the way which will fix some of its short comings. Dealers should get stock in August / Sept.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:55 AM   #26
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Theres an updated Everest on the way which will fix some of its short comings. Dealers should get stock in August / Sept.

What will the update have?
Old 02-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #27
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
As far as fuel consumption goes theres not much in it. but you will find the Everest will use more than Ford claims see below. hard to believe a Kluger could be worse than a Territory Turbo.
It may be hard to believe, but then people believe the marketing hype from Toyota and buy their washing machines, dishwashers and cloths dryers, sorry, I mean vehicles.......

My bro in laws Kluger averages 16.8/100km city driving, that's what's displayed on his trip computer. I recent trip to Wave Rock from Perth during Easter holidays saw us get 997kms out of a tank of fuel in the wife's RWD TDCI Territory Titanium. The Kluger managed 600kms to a tank.

These motoring reviews serve to demonstrate demonstrable incompetence when it comes to reviewing and driving test vehicles. But then one can see through the confirmation bias and bias towards Ford.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #28
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It may be hard to believe, but then people believe the marketing hype from Toyota and buy their washing machines, dishwashers and cloths dryers, sorry, I mean vehicles.......

My bro in laws Kluger averages 16.8/100km city driving, that's what's displayed on his trip computer. I recent trip to Wave Rock from Perth during Easter holidays saw us get 997kms out of a tank of fuel in the wife's RWD TDCI Territory Titanium. The Kluger managed 600kms to a tank.

These motoring reviews serve to demonstrate demonstrable incompetence when it comes to reviewing and driving test vehicles. But then one can see through the confirmation bias and bias towards Ford.
I have a Diesel Territory..., its never been remotely close to 997 kms from a tank. that would be in the in the low 7's maybe you had the fremantle doctor behind you

The Everest is a heavier taller vehicle...
Old 02-05-2018, 01:39 PM   #29
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What will the update have?
The new 2.0 biturbo with 10 speed auto (according to Fords online stock ordering system ), keyless entry with push button start, better headlights with led DRLS on Trend, autonomous braking standard, new wheels, a leather option on Trend...

Go into production in July / Aug.

Thats all I know at this stage.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 02-05-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #30
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Fuel economy is a big factor to you, then the 2.0 biturbo with 10 speed auto is worth waiting for.