Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

Default Not happy

Well the drag nationals what great event amazing cars and even more amazing people my day started bad already stuffed from working all night met up with yellow toy in somerton for the drive to Heathcote. It was ****ing down rain all the way there. Stopped at car wash in Heathcote to clean the mud and crap off the cars. Someone else wanted to use the bay after me so I pulled out and turned to the left to park and didn't see the 8inch high solid concrete gutter and bang, I was thinking this can't be good. I was hesitant in looking as it was a very loud crunch,and there it was front mouth piece hanging off,fog lights both broken off and deep grooves in lower bar. Then I arrived at Heathcote and was in charge of judging the show & shine with Gaela some incredible cars well done to the winners. Had a great day then as we were leaving John and I were stopped by a police road block on the road out of the track . What a f/:;()$$& up place for a roadworthy inspection both John and I were defected not happy so all and all a mixed day

Cheers Gary

Old 10-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Not happy

Bit dodgy and blatant for the coppers to be planting a roadworthy inspection on the exit of the event.

Random not.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunately run in with the kerb at the carwash as well ... I'd be spewing ... and seeing prior images of your vehicle .... you keep it immaculate too.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

They've pulled that crap up here in QLD at the raceway near Ipswich numerous times, and they wonder why people go and do their burnouts and drifting in industrial estates.... I don't condone it, but I kind of understand.

This is just a slap in the face for car enthusiasts trying to do the right thing.

Sorry to hear bout your pride and joy, hope she gets fixed up good a new
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 10-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Gary mate, so sorry to hear this happened.
As you know, your car is my favourite BF GT on the forum.
Hope you can get it fixed quick and put it behind you.
You got the defect for the blower? Does that mean you have to remove it? Or will you get it engineered?
All the best.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Old 10-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Its funny you have top quality cars that are engineered to a very high level and you get whacked with a yellow sticker, its b#lls#it.
They should get out and find the real bombs and leave the true enthusiasts alone.
Long weekend there sticker and ticket happy.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 10-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry too hear about ya car mate!!! yes the police seem too always pull that crap at events!!! I have no problem with them being at events too ensure the saftey of everyone but i personally think they go abit too far when they pick on car enthuisists leaving events!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Its funny you have top quality cars that are engineered to a very high level and you get whacked with a yellow sticker, its b#lls#it.
They should get out and find the real bombs and leave the true enthusiasts alone.
Long weekend there sticker and ticket happy.
Nail, head, hit. Agreed 100%
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
boeing
Banned

Defects as bad and inconvenient as they are give you the chance/realisation to make your car even more a complete/legal package and therefore more valuable.

At the end of the day they are just doing their job arent they,making sure cars are legal and safe to be deiven on our roads is all in our best intrests isnt it.

Hope it comes back better than ever
Old 10-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeing
Defects as bad and inconvenient as they are give you the chance/realisation to make your car even more a complete/legal package and therefore more valuable.

At the end of the day they are just doing their job arent they,making sure cars are legal and safe to be deiven on our roads is all in our best intrests isnt it.

While the vehicles that have head/tail lights out are still out there.......
But that's an issue for another day.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
I reckon
Banned

what did they defect you for?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
Gary mate, so sorry to hear this happened.
As you know, your car is my favourite BF GT on the forum.
Hope you can get it fixed quick and put it behind you.
You got the defect for the blower? Does that mean you have to remove it? Or will you get it engineered?
All the best.
No thank god just the height but still a pain hard to make the exhaust 20 mm higher even with the coil overs cheers gary
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so your car has a blower (engeneered?) and your upset because you got a slap on the wrist about having the ride hight too low?

id cop it sweet if i were you sounds like it could have been alot worse.

these events are always surrounded by cops, its nothing new.
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:

I would believe this baloney normally, but when the cops set up shop outside an event like this I find it very deliberate and sinister. Shooting fish in a barrel.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6

This is just a slap in the face for car enthusiasts trying to do the right thing.
+1 for this
Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #15
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

Well 5 posts and you have an opinion like that. Not the same as drink driving but hey if you think that. Not bagging the police some of my best friends are in the force . Not toggies thou. Yes I have been lucky my car is not a death trap unlike so many pieces of crap out there. Been pulled over twice by the highway patrol once for license check both officers commented on what a beautifully presented and maintained vehicle I had the second time was to see why I driving through a side steel at 4.30 in the morning .. I work night shift and was on my way home no problem have a nice day . I have a nice car that I obsess over I am not a noon so that's why I'm not happy about it. Is your car 100% legal if not don't start a keyboard argument if so well good luck to you . Put a pic up of your car.

Last edited by GT; 10-06-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How is this expression of discust any different to someone blowing over the alcohol limit then coming on here to complain they have been done DUI and more than likely told to man up and fix YOUR problems.

Car was to low(what I refered to as DUI)and was delt with accordingly by the law,could have had much worse defects by the look of the car also.

I think forum friendships are interfering with some peoples perceptions of the situation maybe(refer to 1st paragraph)?

Look at it as being done a favour and move on in life,allowing people bagging the police aint going to do anything for you,fixing the suspension definetly will though.
I never stated i was "disgusted" with this. From my observations whilst travelling during my employment, i think a vehicle without the basic safety requirements that are fully functional is more of a safety issue than a well maintained enthusiasts pride & joy.
Travelling home from Heathcote in the rain & fog last night confirmed this. The number of cars passing in the opposite direction with headlights out or not adjusted correctly is far more of a hazard to me than a car that is too low.

What you are referring to are two totally different arguments.
I have only met the OP at previous AFF events twice, so would'nt consider him one of my friends.

For a member who has only joined recently you appear to be very opinionated & somewhat angry in your responses.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There's that many rusted out bombs blowing that much smoke on the roads here in Sydney ... even with yearly pick slip checks as well .... and they are still on the road.

But an enthusiast with a clean/safely modified vehicle gets pulled over.
Doesn't make sense ... but it's the "anti-hoon" mentality that has been brainwashed to the public that has caused this.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #18
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

end of the day ego, yes its a nice car. but you have to admit you got lucky only getting done for the lowered ride height.

its one of those things with modified cars, you take the chance when you head out. and going to something like drags you have to expect extra police presence.

suck it up, get the defect off and fix up the bumper.. job done.
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
Old 10-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Gary - I have moved this thread out of the Bar into the ORSM Club area. If this rubbish continues here we can close it but folks, please report unwanted posts so we can sort ASAP.

Cheers
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #20
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Sorry,I wasnt aware a post quota was to be met to voice my personal opinion?

If you only wanted people to say how sorry they are for you maybe the OP should have been clearer.

To think I was putting your offence in the category of a drink driver shows you really didnt understand my post.Furter more,to assume im starting an argument is a bit immature isnt it,its more like keeping it real I thought.

ATM,my SLE isnt 100% street legal but a quick removal of the 15" staggred 1/4 mile rims replaced with stock polished alloys and the said alterations in my previous post will make it such.215rwkw,11.6@116mph and all street legal,gotto love straight lpg.My XR6T is 100% stock and tbh the only thing I could be picked on for is the factory 1" rust spot in the boot.

Lets just say I have a new found appreciation for the police and seing someone bag them didnt sit right.I honestly wasnt aware I needed to ease myself in so to speak,sorry if I was meant to.

No problem ...

It wasn't about sympathy just wasnt happy they put a police block just out from the gates. Now if I had been done on the highway or such I would agree deal with problem and move on just think not the right thing to do. If they did it on the highway that's a different thing. The gates outside this event is nothing more than revenue raising .

Moderators put this post up to express my being not happy. I dont want it to turn to crap so you have my blessing to now close it

Thanks Gary
Old 10-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Although I think a set up like this is a bit harsh and agree that there are plenty of bombs out there that are still driving and are in some case's, close to death traps that should be repaired or removed from our roads, the fact is what I read that Boeing posted posted is true, either the car is roadworthy or it is not roadworthy.

The timing if his posts may not be ideal as I'm sure it is a sore point with the op.

And yes it can be dangerous to have a car lowered too low and it does not always improve handling.
If we modifiy our cars that render them unroadworthy, we have to expect that a canary may appear on our windscreen at some stage, but as mentioned leaving a car event like this where we are trying to do things legally and safely and then copping a canary is like shooting fish in a barrel

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #22
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OP's request.
Closed Thread