Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2021, 01:48 PM   #751
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

Yes, I would have no issue with his driving offences being prosecuted in light of aggravation (not speeding alone on a back road but being a dunderhead in commuter traffic) and the possibility of impaired driving due to an effective presence of illegal drugs in his body.
Old 28-04-2021, 01:57 PM   #752
hayseed

He won't be getting released in a few Weeks time either..

He's being denied Bail on Other (yet to be heard) Charges ...

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...nd-womans-neck
Old 28-04-2021, 02:06 PM   #753
Vekgib

Hopefully, some fine upstanding member of the community takes Pusey out in the near future. Preferably as he's just about to eat his sushi.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Old 28-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #754
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I wonder if Victoria Police have learned anything by all this?

Demanding a driver stops in an emergency lane on a busy freeway for a speeding ticket?
Then impacting on the traffic flow while waiting for a tow truck driver to tow the speeding vehicle....

As far as I am concerned Pusey is taking the rap for bad policing and bad laws that accommodate them.

10 months jail for speeding 45km/h over the limit?

Crikey I would have done a few life sentences by now....as I am sure others here would also do...
Nope, too pig-headed to realise anything from it. The government are doing all they can to protect the rights of highway patrols to unleash on our roads. Ironic that this is a fitting description of a hoon, right?
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #755
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
You don't have to agree with anyone but freedom of speech is a pillar of a free and democratic society - putting someone in prison over people finding something they've said 'offensive' is a slippery slope and is open to abuse.

Hell I'd be exploiting that If I was in a position to do so, I'd be getting my archaeological hat on and digging through people's social media profiles and see how many people who were pains in my *** I could get sitting in front of magistrates.
Do you honestly believe that Franco?

No ones getting locked up for being offensive unless that offensive is standing over an innocent dying woman, phone in hand whilst blaming her for your dented car.
The bloke is a scumbag for that reason and has paid a price, what they labelled his actions to achieve that price is hardly the point and the least of any normal persons concern.
6 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 03:35 PM   #756
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Do you honestly believe that Franco?

No ones getting locked up for being offensive unless that offensive is standing over an innocent dying woman, phone in hand whilst blaming her for your dented car.
The bloke is a scumbag for that reason and has paid a price, what they labelled his actions to achieve that price is hardly the point and the least of any normal persons concern.
Absolutely I believe that - this is EXACTLY how it starts then you start getting 'scope creep' targeting people who are pains in the *** to certain powerful people.
Old 28-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #757
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My mistake - my issue is with the three months sentence handed down on the 'outraging public decency' charge.

My thoughts are that charging someone over 'offensive behaviour' over what they've said is contradictory to western values in democratic countries - especially in 2021 with how Melbourne behaves.

You don't have to agree with anyone but freedom of speech is a pillar of a free and democratic society - putting someone in prison over people finding something they've said 'offensive' is a slippery slope and is open to abuse.

Hell I'd be exploiting that If I was in a position to do so, I'd be getting my archaeological hat on and digging through people's social media profiles and see how many people who were pains in my *** I could get sitting in front of magistrates.

I thought it was more what he did than what he said.
Old 28-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #758
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Absolutely I believe that - this is EXACTLY how it starts then you start getting 'scope creep' targeting people who are pains in the *** to certain powerful people.
Maybe, but perhaps we should all just wait until we have a bigger sample size before we consider the sky is falling as i doubt many people will see my Pusey as a genuine victim considering.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #759
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Franco, I'm just extremely grateful that it wasn't your brother, sister, son or daughter that was laying there that day critically injured whilst this cretin filmed them on his phone and made derogatory remarks.

Hold a victim's hand, offer a bit of reassurance - anything would have been a whole lot better than what he did.
Old 28-04-2021, 05:10 PM   #760
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
That's a misquote. What was actually said was:

SINGH:“Hi Simon I saw Steve last night ... I’m going through some hard times at home and other things. I need to come and speak to you about some of them. I don’t know who to tell the story to. I’m going to a doctor about it. When can I come see you.”

SUPERVISOR SIMON TUTERU:“Talk this arvo. I will be in office.”

SINGH:“Ok but Steve saids (sic) I’m not fit to drive.”

TUTERU:“Steve is NOT a doctor.”

SINGH: “Ok thanks.”

--

If he had said he agreed with Steve's appraisal, if he'd put up even the slightest argument as to his (non)fitness to drive, the supervisor might have taken it more seriously (or not). But if someone is willing to wait til later to discuss, it wouldnt give me the impression they are desperate to deal with it.

It's easy to say in hindsight what the supervisor should have done, but 3 texts isnt an easy way to diagnose someone's mental state.
So now we have access to the whole events its clear that Singh should have been listened to..

From the court transcript..

Between 8.52 am and 9.12 am, you exchanged text messages with your supervisor, Simon Tuteru. In those exchanges, the following appear:

8.51 am - SINGH: 'Hi Simon, saw Steve last night about it, I'm going through some hard times at home and other things. I need to come and speak to you about some of them, I don't know who to tell the story to, I'm going to a doctor about it, can I come and see you'.

8.53 am – TUTERU: 'Talk this arvo, I will be in the office'.

8.54 am – SINGH: 'Okay, but Steve saids I'm not fit to drive'.

9.00 am – TUTERU: 'Steve is not a doctor'.

9.12 am – SINGH: 'Okay, thanks'.

About 9.15 am you sold an associate 3 grams of cannabis for $50. At about 11 am you went to a house in Cranbourne where you saw Nikita Hawthorne. In describing that meeting she said 'He was off it. He was talking nonsense, he was saying the witches are coming and we have to leave. I've never seen anyone as drug-f’ed in my life. He hadn't slept for eight days, he was falling asleep, he was mumbling as he was falling asleep, though he never actually had a sleep.

At about 1.38 pm, Harrison messaged Tuteru. He said:

'Hi Simon, has Matt called you? He came in to see me last night and I'm concerned about his mental state. He told me he's not in a good spot. He was putting trucks on wrong docks and he had a sleep on the way back from Thomastown and slept in. He didn't get back to Lyndhurst till around 2 am. I was trying to ring him but his phone was off. I don't think he should be driving, I told him to go to the doctor straightaway. I will leave it with you to maybe make contact with him if he hasn't rang already'.

You left home at about 2.45 pm and arrived at the Lyndhurst depot about 3.30 pm. You met Simon Tuteru and the two of you went over to your vehicle and where you spoke and prayed for about 44 minutes. You agreed to deliver a single load to Thomastown and then returned to Lyndhurst. You signed a fitness to drive form and left the deport at 4.50 pm.

At 4.52 pm you stopped to get something out of your car. At 4.48 pm you stopped on Abbotts Road to supply an associate with methylamphetamine. He got into the truck to collect the drugs and then got out again. After you had completed that transaction, which is in explicable in the context, you set out to make your delivery to Thomastown. Three CCTV cameras along the route show you repeatedly drifting into the emergency lane until you crashed into the police officers in and their vehicles on the Eastern Freeway in Kew.
Old 28-04-2021, 06:00 PM   #761
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpacman View Post
Franco, I'm just extremely grateful that it wasn't your brother, sister, son or daughter that was laying there that day critically injured whilst this cretin filmed them on his phone and made derogatory remarks.

Hold a victim's hand, offer a bit of reassurance - anything would have been a whole lot better than what he did.

Sooooo...the next time someone posts a youtube video of a car crash and just stands by...as most people in an accident scene do....you propose that they be jailed for 10 months because they filmed it?

If it was me I would film it too....with what VicPol have done to him in so far as fabricating facts I would see his video of evidence that he DIDN'T kill them.

From what I have seen and heard of the crash scene the trauma was so extensive that those cops were buggered with only moments to live.

Another flawed lynch mob oversight is that Pusey wasn't in shock and traumatised at the scene either.

I can bet that most numb nutter millenials like Pusey live on their smart phones and record everything they do anyway.

Betcha he had one hand on his phone while taking a **** too.

Betcha he wasn't the only spectator using his phone either...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 28-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #762
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sooooo...the next time someone posts a youtube video of a car crash and just stands by...as most people in an accident scene do....you propose that they be jailed for 10 months because they filmed it?

If it was me I would film it too....with what VicPol have done to him in so far as fabricating facts I would see his video of evidence that he DIDN'T kill them.

From what I have seen and heard of the crash scene the trauma was so extensive that those cops were buggered with only moments to live.

Another flawed lynch mob oversight is that Pusey wasn't in shock and traumatised at the scene either.

I can bet that most numb nutter millenials like Pusey live on their smart phones and record everything they do anyway.

Betcha he had one hand on his phone while taking a **** too.

Betcha he wasn't the only spectator using his phone either...
Your response, coupled with your signature message, suggests to me that any retort that I provide would indeed be a pointless exercise. Have a great day champ...
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 07:46 PM   #763
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Yep - Richard Pusey is a sociopath.

I'm dumbfounded that you are surprised that a sociopath behaves like a sociopath and expect anything other than sociopathic behaviour out of him.

Regardless if it was one of my relatives, I would still hold the same opinion over the 'outraging public decency' charge and sentence, it's called having conviction in your beliefs and not putting myself above the 'greater good', which might be a very strange concept to the populist lynch mob who goes from outrage to outrage on their small thinking virtue signalling mission.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-04-2021 at 07:55 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 07:48 PM   #764
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The bulk of the sentence was for being convicted of conduct endangering persons not for speeding or being offensive.

Though the headlines wouldn't tell you that
Old 28-04-2021, 07:48 PM   #765
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to admit I'd pull my phone out at a crash scene as well........and call 000
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
4 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 07:58 PM   #766
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Yep - Richard Pusey is a sociopath.

I'm dumbfounded that you are surprised that a sociopath behaves like a sociopath and expect anything other than sociopathic behaviour out of him.

Regardless if it was one of my relatives, I would still hold the same opinion over the 'outraging public decency' charge and sentence, it's called having conviction in your beliefs and not putting myself above the 'greater good', which might be a very strange concept to the populist lynch mob who goes from outrage to outrage on their virtue signalling mission.
You have honestly lost me with your values and don't tell me you will be banging on about this if it was one of your family members was a victim.
Pusey the grub got what he deserved despite what you think thanks to a magistrate who know the law better than what you think is the law.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 08:16 PM   #767
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
You have honestly lost me with your values and don't tell me you will be banging on about this if it was one of your family members was a victim.
Pusey the grub got what he deserved despite what you think thanks to a magistrate who know the law better than what you think is the law.
You know absolutely nothing about me what so ever except what you can piece together through my posts on AFF and form some sort of piecemeal opinion with poor context.

You didn't know the people involved in this accident, you don't have any relationships with anyone who died, as far as you are concerned it was something you saw on the news and something people are talking about on AFF.

It has had absolutely ZERO impact on your life what so ever so stop pretending like you actually care, because you don't.

4 people died who you didn't know, with two more being put in prison, in a city of 5,000,000 people in a country of 25,000,000 on a planet with 7 BILLION humans.

The only difference between us is honesty - I don't put on a public face and pretend like I care and pandering to the woke lynch mob like the people in this thread.

As far as 'values' - the only values people in Australia share is a vested interest in maintaining house prices.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #768
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think his sentence is on the harsh side based on this country.

Australia is know for giving murderers and hardcore criminals a slap on the wrist. So 10 month jail for Pusey is decent.

I've seen mouth breathers on Facebook say Pusey should be in jail for decades since he is apparently responsible for the deaths since he got himself pulled over. That's stupid. There's rules are regulations in place where it's illegal to crash into police who are stopped on the side of the road. If you fail to do that you should be held responsible.

I guess people who think Pusey should be jailed for 25 years believe that if they are driving down a highway and their brake like goes out, police pull them over to speak to them about it and some druggo crashes then the driver with the blown brake like should be in jail for 25 years for causing the death of an officer since it's their brake like which initiated the traffic stop.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #769
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
You know absolutely nothing about me what so ever except what you can piece together through my posts on AFF and form some sort of piecemeal opinion with poor context.

You didn't know the people involved in this accident, you don't have any relationships with anyone who died, as far as you are concerned it was something you saw on the news and something people are talking about on AFF.

It has had absolutely ZERO impact on your life what so ever so stop pretending like you actually care, because you don't.

4 people died who you didn't know, with two more being put in prison, in a city of 5,000,000 people in a country of 25,000,000 on a planet with 7 BILLION humans.

The only difference between us is honesty - I don't put on a public face and pretend like I care and pandering to the woke lynch mob like the people in this thread.

As far as 'values' - the only values people in Australia share is house prices.
You are right I don't know you from a bar of soap as you don't know me and how would you know what this topic has to do with me whether I'm involved or not in regards to the accident which is just another assumption on your part.
My last comment to you is the presiding magistrate upheld the charges and sentenced Pusey 10 months gaol by law which indicates the police were correct in laying their charges regardless what everyone believes.
Justice was dealt.
Old 28-04-2021, 08:50 PM   #770
prydey
Rob

So much contempt and hatred towards law and law enforcement in this thread.

It's like some have forgotten that no one but Pusey and Mohinda (or whatever his name is) are responsible for their actions.

Pointing fingers and trying to shift the blame around is school yard stuff.
Old 28-04-2021, 08:54 PM   #771
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Your response, coupled with your signature message, suggests to me that any retort that I provide would indeed be a pointless exercise. Have a great day champ...
Yep....your posts are pointless...have a nice day

Old 28-04-2021, 09:00 PM   #772
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
So much contempt and hatred towards law and law enforcement in this thread.

It's like some have forgotten that no one but Pusey and Mohinda (or whatever his name is) are responsible for their actions.

Pointing fingers and trying to shift the blame around is school yard stuff.

Pusey did not kill anyone.

Vic Police failed to create safe workplace practices for their members.

Hope that clears it up for you in where to point the blame correctly.

3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 09:08 PM   #773
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Other than this post, my final comment here, I have no other public comment to make on the subject, it may be seen as outraging public decency, which I now know carries a hefty sentence in Victoria. I'm not even inclined to press the like button for anyone in this thread. I will slow down to 40km/h if I see flashing light coming my way though.
Old 28-04-2021, 09:11 PM   #774
prydey
Rob

Quote:

Yup. It's always someone else's fault.
Old 28-04-2021, 09:11 PM   #775
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

threads got crabs
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 09:39 PM   #776
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Pusey was not charged for killing anyone so what is your point?
Don't see anywhere where work safe stating any wrong doing about police work practices regarding this accident.
Think you should understand what charges were laid against Pusey regarding the accident.
Old 28-04-2021, 09:54 PM   #777
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Pusey was not charged for killing anyone so what is your point?
Where did I say he was?
Quote:
Don't see anywhere where work safe stating any wrong doing about police work practices regarding this accident.
Where does it say it is an unsafe work practice?
4 people died enforcing a speeding ticket in an unsafe location.
Quote:
Think you should understand what charges were laid against Pusey regarding the accident.
Think you should read what I posted before coming out with all guns blazing.

Old 28-04-2021, 10:07 PM   #778
prydey
Rob

Quote:
4 people died enforcing a speeding ticket in an unsafe location.
Correction. 4 people died because a truck driver was off his head on drugs, and sleep deprived, among other things.
Old 28-04-2021, 11:47 PM   #779
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anybody know why four police officers were at the scene or has that been answered already.
Old 28-04-2021, 11:57 PM   #780
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car was being impounded and needed senior officers present I think.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Closed Thread