Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 31-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
yum
Starter Motor

Default new model focus - no footrest

G'day guys and gals i'm a newb here and wouldn't mind a little info if someone could help me :
I live in brisbane and i'm about to pick up my new focus CL manual (first car ) tomorrow.

I took one for a test drive a little while back and noticed that there's no footrest.. well actually there was no room at all to the left of the clutch. I know it's a small thing but I like resting my foot to the side when i'm not changing gears.

I was reading some other thread on here and came across this link to some european parts dealer.
Anyway I saw a footrest plate and I'm wondering if they are just for cars with the driver seat on the left or for auto transmission? because I found another pic of focus floor mats and they show a footrest. I haven't driven a auto focus yet or a left side drive focus. so I don't know. hmm

footrest:
http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=303

floor mat:
http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=448

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As far as i know i don't think any of the manual foci have footrests, as for the one you're able to buy, if you were to buy one you could probably make up a small bracket or use a block of wood and attach the footrest plate to that.

On another note i'd had a footrest in every car i'd ever had until my focus but driving without it didn't bother me anymore after abotu a week or so
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

You could also look at the footrest in the MX-5 or Mazda 3. They look pretty good.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yum
I took one for a test drive a little while back and noticed that there's no footrest.. well actually there was no room at all to the left of the clutch. I know it's a small thing but I like resting my foot to the side when i'm not changing gears.
The Fiesta is exactly the same- what are Ford doing?! When I drive a manual I always move my foot off to the left of the clutch, there's no hope of doing that in a Fiesta. I couldn't really care about not having a foot rest, but it does peeve me when there's no space between the clutch pedal and transmission tunnel (particularly when it's a FWD with nothing in that tunnel : )
Old 02-06-2006, 08:07 AM   #5
owens

I thought the exact same thing when buying my car, but it turns out I like it better without the footrest. I'm 6'2" and can stretch my left leg out almost straight. With the footrest I wouldn't be able to do that. The car is so roomy, especially compared the the subaru that we were looking at.
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
silverfocusstar
mmmm...chocolate...

buy an auto next time! LOL!

but nothing comes as close as the focus!
silverfocusstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #7
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I asked the dealer about this issue when I bought my FoFo actually. I asked if it was a cost cutting thing then, he proceeded to show me an FPV manual without a footrest. I think my reply was.. "Oh..."

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #8
kenny21
This is really me :)

Yea ford mustnt like foot rests cause my dad bought the BA Fairlane and even though its an auto it doesnt have footrest either
kenny21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #9
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

I was suprised to begin with,but like others have said it really isn't a problem after a week or so.