Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XR5 in short supply

No wonder there's a waiting list on the XR5
Ford Australia can only get 40 per month and that's got to spread over 280 Ford dealers. So hypothetically, if each dealer took one ... that's 1.7 units per year.

Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
Nappa
Impressive...

yeah but not every dealer will be getting them, we are one of the larger dealers so we are getting 1 per month and sometimes more.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
amlohac

And that number isnt a fixed number, if ford notices high demand here as compared to other places we will get a higher allocation.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Its now 25 per month, they changed it 2 weeks ago due to supply issues in Europe.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #5
FocusLX06

So these cars could really be a limited edition?..
Old 26-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
amlohac

No not limited, just hard to get at the moment. Ford is gonna keep making them as long as people want them. Limited means "We have 200 and thats all we are going to make"
Old 26-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #7
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
Its now 25 per month, they changed it 2 weeks ago due to supply issues in Europe.
This must be the reason i haven't seen an XR5T advertised anywhere... :alien2: ....I was in the Ford Dealership in Nambour the other day and you would not know the car existed , there is no mention of the XR5T in there at all :
Old 26-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are three currently listed on Carsales, plus I saw one sitting on the display stand of a major Ford dealer in Adelaide last week.

Perhaps if you're after a certain colour they are hard to get, but if you want one and aren't fussy they're definitely out there for the taking!
Old 30-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #9
01swifty
Starter Motor

Default xr5

drove one tonight dont go as well as i thought it would : : waste of money i say but looks great inside 1 thing its got going for it :1syellow1 but lack of power my swift gti goes harder i reckon but ill find 1 on the street to find out :evilsasmo
01swifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Unless your swift is heavily modified, I doubt it.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 01:45 AM   #11
amlohac

True that tecki
Old 30-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #12
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

There must be some around, someone has entered one in the Dutton rally this weekend. Be good to see how it goes..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #13
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01swifty
drove one tonight dont go as well as i thought it would : : waste of money i say but looks great inside 1 thing its got going for it :1syellow1 but lack of power my swift gti goes harder i reckon but ill find 1 on the street to find out :evilsasmo
I always love these blokes who arrive on the Forum (3 posts), and immediately do the "I reckon this car is crap" posts, with no justification. Sod off I say
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #14
BlackLS

Quote:
More than likely you were driving a Focus Zetec 2.0l NA
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
amlohac

166kw focus? doesnt go hard?...... ok then.

HOLY CRAP A FLYING PIG! I must catch this rare sight, brb everyone!
Old 30-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #16
Gear

yep, i'm pretty sure mine goes a little better than a swift gti ;)
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #17
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A swift GTi wouldnt pull your uncle off your auntie
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #18
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol now now guys no needto be so harsh off the mark, a mate of mine has a swift gti that puts 195kw to the floor, but he's spent upwards of 30,000 and has NOS etc...
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #19
01swifty
Starter Motor

so u guys have driven 1 then i work for ford so i get to drive them wen u drive 1 then u can say wat u want bout it but thats my thoughts rest of the car is great drives nice inside out side needs to b fixed ie paint but ford say they r fixing that prob and my swift is quick ill run any thing any time all power to weight only 630kg to a car that is 1500+kg so go drive 1 and put your post up till then shut the f up now a f6 6speed auto is the way to go now thats a f*#king fast turbo car

Last edited by 01swifty; 30-05-2006 at 10:07 PM. Reason: not much
01swifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Rightio... Swifty. Personal comments aside, I think your findings are quite wrong. My car is slower then the XR5T, and trust me... I can beat a Swift GTI!

You really think a Swift GTI had a claimed 0-100 time of less then 6.9seconds? Yea right mate

On another note; Haha Zetec20 (Dude I already forgot your name. Forgive me?) your mate really has some weird taste. I'd rather be in a nice $40K car then spend my earnings on a Swift GTi

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 30-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #21
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
There must be some around, someone has entered one in the Dutton rally this weekend. Be good to see how it goes..
Just had a look at the draw.. it looks like Wheels magazine entered it... maybe they purchased one? ...they don't have it on as a long termer do they? Either way it'll get good coverage in the mag. :eclipsee_

Quote:
so u guys have driven 1 then i work for ford so i get to drive them wen u drive 1 then u can say wat u want bout it but thats my thoughts rest of the car is great drives nice inside out side needs to b fixed ie paint but ford say they r fixing that prob and my swift is quick ill run any thing any time all power to weight only 630kg to a car that is 1500+kg so go drive 1 and put your post up till then shut the f up now a f6 6speed auto is the way to go now thats a f*#king fast turbo car
whaa... use a f*#king full stop and proper sentences.

Unless the RS eventuates and comes down under there shouldn't be any talk of comparing the F6 to the XR5T, it's a different beast and in a completely different class.
Old 30-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #22
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Can you repeat that in English? Whats that you said? Holden? Astra? Go and work for them.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
Can you repeat that in English? Whats that you said? Holden? Astra? Go and work for them.
Haha - that is what I was thinking!

Quote:
Translated;

Quote:
So you guys have driven one? I work for ford so I get to drive them. You go and drive one and then say what you want about it, but thats my thought. The rest of the car is great drives nice and has a nice interior. Outside needs to be fixed i.e. the paint. But ford say they are fixing that problem.

And my swift is quick i'll run any thing any time. All power to weight only 630kg to a car that is 1500+kg so go drive a Swift GTI and then comment on it, but till then shut it. Now a F6 6spd auto is the way to go. Now thats a fast turbo car

Old 30-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #24
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the translation Teki04, was getting cross-eyed reading it. Wonder what he does at Ford, washing the customers cars after it has been serviced :P

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 01:01 AM   #25
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
Thanks for the translation Teki04, was getting cross-eyed reading it. Wonder what he does at Ford, washing the customers cars after it has been serviced :P
good call. !!! :
Old 31-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #26
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would like to thank Teki personally for the translation, obviously your language skills have developed since purchasing a Frog

01Swift's maths are somewhat lacking like his english skills. Swift GTi

Looks to me the XR5 has a better power to weight ratio....... Ends his argument......
Old 31-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #27
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
On another note; Haha Zetec20 (Dude I already forgot your name. Forgive me?) your mate really has some weird taste. I'd rather be in a nice $40K car then spend my earnings on a Swift GTi
Yeah he does have strange taste, both in cars and girls :P but yeah he got done doing 240 in it beating an r33 gtr and lost his license for a year.

Still guys stop being so hard on him, post some pics of your car mate and we'll judge for ourselves
Old 31-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #28
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
Yeah he does have strange taste, both in cars and girls :P but yeah he got done doing 240 in it beating an r33 gtr and lost his license for a year.

Still guys stop being so hard on him, post some pics of your car mate and we'll judge for ourselves
240kph in a Swift GTi? " Tell him he's dreamin "

Anyone caught speeding that much, would lose their licence forever!
Old 31-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #29
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

I’m noticing a pattern here guys. Over the past 4 or 5 months there have been several occasions in which a new member has made groundless and absurd claims with the sole aim of stirring us up. In fact, this goes right back to a post some months ago, where a person (in their first post) rubbished the Focus and then made a snide remark about buying a Corolla instead.

Anyway, on every occasion the writing style has been very similar. The posts are devoid of punctuation, riddled with spelling errors and very ‘SMS style’. I seem to recall another recent post where a person who “worked for Ford” bagged the XR5, claiming it was underpowered. Interestingly, that author also seemed to lack basic literacy skills (or just can’t be bothered to write properly). So my question is, could it be possible that we are dealing with the same person, and they just keep changing their user name?
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #30
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
240kph in a Swift GTi? " Tell him he's dreamin "

Anyone caught speeding that much, would lose their licence forever!
Lol, I'll ask him if i can scan in a copy of the ticket for you all to have a good laugh at

as for orsest170's observation you could either be onto something or more likely it's the fact that every 13 yr old that uses the internet types the same...