Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-06-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
whippet_zetec
Supes

Default LR Focus - Side mirror issue

hey folks,

a new issue on the LR not seen before, the drivers side mirror auto-defrost is on the blink. Anyone else have the same problem?

warranty still good, service due in August, will note it with a couple of other small issues and let you all know how it goes.

Todd

Old 21-06-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Nope, mine are still cranking solidly on the frosty mornings!!!!! Such a great feature.

Something the LS guys miss out on, on top of 2-stage airbags, stability control (removing the XR5 Turbo), 3 doors, RDS EON Radio that displays the station name, the handling, the looks... GO THE LR!!
Old 22-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I didn't even realise I had this. Go LR and the Focus early adopters!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
drivers side mirror auto-defrost
Does mine have this?? wow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
stability control
I know my car doesnt have that...? was it a factory option?? i know its on the ST170..
Old 22-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
Does mine have this?? wow..

I know my car doesnt have that...? was it a factory option?? i know its on the ST170..
Zetec get the mirrors, as do LX and Ghia I believe. They're awesome, just come on when you put on your rear demister. Both mirrors are defrosters.

Zetecs, LX and Ghia also get deadlocking. Locks the door handles on the inside to stop people smashing windows to open the indise handles.

Stability Control and Traction Control, known as VDC AdvanceTrac, was available as a $990 option on Zetecs only, standard on ST170. Not available as an option on any LS models except for standard on the German built XR5 Turbo. It's a sensational option, ESPECIALLY on dirt roads. Eddie and Adam can attest to that!!!!

LRs were German built, LS aren't! :

LR's are clearly older, smaller and less efficient, slower in a straight line and not as smooth to drive, but there are a number of features that we got as a result of the car coming from Europe as mentioned above, which were fantastic. I love my LR and will keep it for a while yet! Too good to give up!
Old 22-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

My 89 Pug had mirror defrosters. Work a treat.
Old 23-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I've had no such problem with my auto-defrost but still have an annoying rattle somewhere in the front-end. May be a loose/worn suspension bush? Have taken it back and was told it was "all fixed".

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #8
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Dead road animal stuck in the front end??
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #9
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Sadly I dont have this on mine :(

Would be nice seen as my whole car was covered in ice the other morning :(
Old 24-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Hey Melbzetec,

I can tell you a story about dead roadkill if you want!!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post