Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 16-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default My new Supercharger.

Sorry guys. Couldn't help myself.

Here is the reason I'm not getting a supercharger in the Focus in the near future.

I've spent the equivalent (and more!) on this little beauty.

A Viking Professional gas oven from the U.S. Think of it as the V8 of ovens. Mine has 6 burners on top, not 4 as shown, (and therefore two more knobs). Each burner the same size. Each has the ferocity of a wok burner. Each can be turned down so low that it will melt chocolate on a paper plate without burning the plate. On full tilt it will use 3 time more gas than a standard stove. Have had to have 1.5 inch copper gas lines put it to cope with it and other appliances

rrp? $11,990!!!! (But i got a good deal.wink) Absolute indulgence. But this new kitchen is going to last me a long time. I have forever wanted a serious mother****** of a stove. And this is it.

(By the way. My wife doesn't/can't cook. I am the cook and have always loved cooking. My kitchen. My stove)

Have topped it off with a Qasair rangehood (made here in Melbourne) Sucks 1900m3 of air an hour. Twin motors, quiet as a mouse.

So no supercharger for a long while yet,( and now in serious debt) but some serious performance equipment in the kitchen!!

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is just plain Awesome, Im about to go through the process of re constructing my kitchen, And i was looking @ appliance's... But, im affraid that this particular appliance covers the entire cost of my kitchen, excluding my appliance's which i am yet to choose.......
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
By the way. My wife doesn't/can't cook. I am the cook and have always loved cooking
Might have to give the eurofordclub a treat to dinner at your house one night lol

Enjoy the oven Steve

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
That is just plain Awesome, Im about to go through the process of re constructing my kitchen, And i was looking @ appliance's... But, im affraid that this particular appliance covers the entire cost of my kitchen, excluding my appliance's which i am yet to choose.......
Have fun!!!! Mine is all just coming together this week after months of living with no kitchen at all.

Marty, I am in the same boat on costs. The oven and rangehood cost more than the rest of the kitchen!!!!! But that's the way I planned it. You can pay a hell of a lot for chipboard cupboards!!!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
amlohac

Does it go "vrrrooooooooooooowm ****SSSSSSH"?
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 03:16 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

lol upgrading the gas lines even... why does that not surprise me!! If it can be blinged, be sure Stephen has done it! Polish the cat converter cover, siler-ise EVERYTHING and now upgrade the gas lines to his stove!

Honestly, I'm jealous. Mum and Dad got a PHAT 5 burner in Sydney when they renno'd their place, just after I moved out. Cooking on gas CANNOT be beaten, it is so much better than electric. Whoever invented electric should be shot and hung over a gas flame. I miss my gas stove... have lived with the utter crud of electric and it's annoying 2 year heat up and 10 year cooldown, stained glass top, forever cleaning the damn thing.... grrr. Utterly stupid.

Definitely a Eurofordclub bake-off at Steve's place. I'll bring the muffins.