Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #1
mrkaka22
Starter Motor

Default 2006 Fiesta Zetec questions

Hi!
I'm looking at purchasing a 06 Fiesta zetec which is on 100,000 kms.
The vehicle hasn't had the timing belt changed and i think its probably a good idea to get it done ASAP.

Are there any good workshops (besides ford)?
Roughly how much am i looking at?

Also can you guys tell me the common faults with these cars and what to look for besides the usual stuff when i go and have a look?

Thanks!!
mrkaka22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2006 Fiesta Zetec questions

A bit early for a Timing Belt Change. They are good for 150,000kms or ten years. I wouldn't worry about it right now.

To get a Water Pump and Timing Belt done on my 04 Fiesta was about $800. Should cost around that.
Old 23-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
Terriplod

Changing the t-belt is a good preventative maintenance option. New head with valves mmm $1500+. I changed a focus t-belt recently at the "recommended 150k" once I removed the belt I saw external cracks, I folded the belt in the direction it is supposed to and it broke through 80% of the rubber (lucky owner). Only other problem I have seen is the throttle bodies have moments and only let the car rev to 2k and has a code in the odometer cluster cant remember E???. Switch off car and start again problem solved until next time.
I would do plugs, belt, w/pump, cam and crank seal (make sure they are requested even if they "aren't" leaking, full brake fluid flush and a new air filter as they suffer from blow by and pcv is fed in just before the air filter.

I still remember the first 2.0l fiesta I roadtested cut snake on train tracks is an understatement. Enjoy your fuel savings too. My terry will use more fuel in the cold start cycle than you may do in a day hahaha
Terriplod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I just had the timing belt done in mine. $735 at Ford in Hobart, though i supplied the oil.
In the 9 years I've had her, she's been pretty much faultless, apart from people backing into her.
I've averaged 7.1L/100km, (Gashog is the first app I ever bought & I've logged every fill for 120k)
Tyres are an odd size & it was cheaper to go up to to a 205/45/16 rather than the original 195. I'm rolling on Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002's & you can push them so hard in the corners you wouldn't believe. Wet or dry.
Old 24-07-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
mrkaka22
Starter Motor

Thanks for the responses!

I will definitely replace the timing belt and water pump just for peace of mind.

Kiwiijohn, i noticed you have put focus clear side indicators in. Are they a straight fit? Would look much better!
mrkaka22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2015, 09:39 AM   #6
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Yes, identical shape & size. They're from a Focus from the same year.