Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
nash777
Starter Motor

Default Whinning noise at high speeds

Just a quick question...

has anyone else noticed a whinning noise coming for the centre console at high speeds.. happens at about ***+kms..

just very very wierd...

Last edited by nash777; 08-11-2005 at 12:28 AM.
nash777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:35 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's aero noise from the wippers.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
nash777
Starter Motor

nah its not that... it sounds like its INSIDE the cabin... like its the "speed signal" acting strange coming from the stereo... if you lower the speed it goes away... speed up its back... it comes back..nothing to do with rpm only actual car speed

note- ive had my car over a year now and ive only just found this forum.... hello all..
Old 07-11-2005, 11:57 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE!!!!!

Go over *edit* an wind passage at ***kmh and you can hear it.

I was on a drive day the other week, and whilst playing catch up to meet people for lunch, i was continuously doing 110 kmh.... lets just say that the sound comes and goes. It is VERY odd. I have reported this to Ford, but they think there is nothing wrong with the window seals etc. So im not sure what the problem is. It has to do with whether the car is going against the wind or not.

And yes, it is VERY loud inside the car! Gets louder then the stereo AND engine noise!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by fordel; 08-11-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
nash777
Starter Motor

yup but mine does NOT come on under *** ever!!! but will not go unless i slow down... sounds def like the stereo. so wierd

Last edited by nash777; 08-11-2005 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash777
yup but mine does NOT come on under *** ever!!! but will not go unless i slow down... sounds def like the stereo. so wierd
Mine sometimes comes at about ***kmh.... only in high wind.

Its not the stereo.... because if you turn off the stereo, its still there

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by fordel; 08-11-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #7
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im 99.99% certain it's aero noise from the wippers.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 AM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Just a quick question...

has anyone else noticed a whinning noise coming for the centre console at high speeds.. happens at about ***kms..

just very very wierd...
Could be the gearbox whining.

Also, It's not the best idea to post up speeds like that on the forums so casually like it happens all the time. We do get police looking in here and crap like that is frowned upon if we're to be taken seriously as a club or family forum.

I suggest if you wanna stop hearing noises, then do the speed limit.

Last edited by fordel; 08-11-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #9
nash777
Starter Motor

yea mate... i hear ya, only a question. just trying to find the casue after all its an imported car from germany and thats where i first saw them.

we may have speed limits here... but the auto bahn does NOT... also if you look in the cars manual you will see it says "if you plan to drive the vehicle constantly over ***kms, increase the tyre pressure" check ya manual!!

..you guys dont have a rules for posting section... slowly down may stop it... but its doesnt answer my question...

all's good... i have edited.. danny will have to edit MY quoted post ;)

Last edited by fordel; 08-11-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:55 AM   #10
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
it says "if you plan to drive the vehicle constantly over ***kms, increase the tyre pressure" check ya manual!!
Yep mate, I know what the manual says. But seeing as how I don't live in Germania, I never beleived that it applied to me in any way, so therefore I disregarded it.

I honestly can't be sure what your noise is, and I dont think that you will find out, as you certainly can't go and say to a dealer what you have just posted here really, so good luck to you.

Last edited by fordel; 08-11-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 01:24 AM   #11
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Interesting Posts.

Please in future refrain from quoting speeds like this as this is a public forum and yes this is frowned upon

I have edited all the offending posts

Chris
Old 08-11-2005, 01:28 AM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well, i have heard it for a split second doing 110kmh to wollongong.... So, i can still tell the dealer that!

Also, what if i was to visit NT?

Old 08-11-2005, 01:30 AM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Sorry if i was being offending. Im just wondering why my car has a loud wind sound when on a highway... Basically, in a combined wind/speed of about 170 (like, car doing 110 into 60 winds) the whistle is there..... I have even heard it back in the day when the Anzac Bridge was 70kmh... on a windy day you could hear it when a gush of wind came past!

Old 08-11-2005, 02:07 AM   #14
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whining noise at high speeds.
You may be suffering the same problem as I do, and that is. When traveling at speed greater then the speed limit the whining noise is emitting from the wife in the passenger. I have a fix for this. Gag her with gaffer tape and through her in the boot. But make sure you tie her up also, otherwise your going to get a diff clunking noise from her beating the inside of the boot lid.

Good luck

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 02:08 AM   #15
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Sorry if i was being offending. Im just wondering why my car has a loud wind sound when on a highway... Basically, in a combined wind/speed of about 170 (like, car doing 110 into 60 winds) the whistle is there..... I have even heard it back in the day when the Anzac Bridge was 70kmh... on a windy day you could hear it when a gush of wind came past!
Maybe you have been eating to many beans in your diet...

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Maybe you have been eating to many beans in your diet...
Could have been the Thai....

but she was gagged in the boot....

Old 08-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #17
0xyg3n

Ohhh Kill that i see someone allready said up higher
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 10:39 PM   #18
FlaminFiesta

i get it as welll mate i swear its the stereo though.. i though it sounds cool so i ignore it hehe
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post