Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-01-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
mickyj

Default Focus 2012

I posted about my 2012 focus that was my fathers last year .
Had issues with it not much power and going through petrol . Auto trans had issues like in the old days felt like a vapour lock but it wasn’t .
Just had it’s second service in my care at the ford dealership.
Had two program upgrades normal service
And they told me the tires were dead tread was good but splitting and gone past the use by date of 7 years . Never heard of this and said ok got them to fit the cheapest ones .
So the focus was like 70’000 kms behind haven’t driven it 35’000 yet and I drive it every day .
Whatever ford did to the car in the service the computer upgrades I’m guessing .
It drives a lot better more power no more chug chug changing gears . Petrol consumption is still a lot .
But I’m happier driving this car now much better and being low in Ks like a new one
mickyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Focus 2012

I got 7.74 years and 66,861 km out of the factory rear tyres.
My tyres were "splitting" basically cracking because the rubber is old, tread was ok but I decided to replace to have piece of mind.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
I got 7.74 years and 66,861 km out of the factory rear tyres.
My tyres were "splitting" basically cracking because the rubber is old, tread was ok but I decided to replace to have piece of mind.
I never knew tyres had a use by date
And you did over 31’000 more kms
But I guess when my parents bought this car and drove it once or twice a week .

The last dealership that told me my Mitsubishi Lancer needed new tyres I went to six tyre places and one was $20 cheaper then wouldn’t honour the price but eventually did . I let the ford dealership change the tyres cheapest ones they had . Car is much better to drive .
mickyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2020, 04:14 PM   #4
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rubber will age even if you don't drive on it due to being exposed to the elements.

Tyres are easy to check yourself and you should do it as having a front tyre go unexpectedly can be dangerous. Tyres have a manufacture date stamped on them, you might find a tyre you bought new has already been sitting around for a year already.

Plenty of stuff online about the topic if you want to know more.

Stay safe.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2020, 04:34 PM   #5
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

always better to place suspect tyres on rear as its easier to recover from a rear blow out than one on the front
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post